Disgusterous

Author Topic: How come he still has a drivers licence anyway?  (Read 532 times)

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
How come he still has a drivers licence anyway?
« on: March 03, 2008, 04:31:02 PM »
I'm sorry but if you are stupid enough to be able to run yourself over (no I'm not kidding here folks, this poster boy for natiral selection did manage to run over his own head) how the hell don't you get to keep your licence. Surely that would be enough to prove you are a danger behind the wheel.

East 17 singer Brian Harvey has been banned from driving for six months after being found guilty of going nearly double the speed limit.
The 33-year-old was pulled over by police on the M4 between Chippenham and Swindon last May.

Police told Chippenham Magistrates' Court how they had reached speeds of 138mph catching Harvey.

Harvey, who had been returning home to London after a concert, denied an offence of speeding.

Representing himself, he claimed police saw another car speed past them but lost it in the chase and stopped the wrong car.

He also claimed the officers' eyesight was defective and that they were lying.

Chief magistrate Michael Sutton imposed a 180-day driving ban, a £150 fine and ordered Harvey to pay court costs of £240.

Harvey, speaking outside court, said: "The magistrates were very lenient and I appreciate that

So you represent yourself and accuse the police of being blind liars, yep I can see that being a convincing defence.  point:

And for those who dont believe he managed to run himself over:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/music/4115954.stm
The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.