Disgusterous

Author Topic: Ghandi or Lineker?  (Read 1134 times)

Offline TG

• Fool Member
Ghandi or Lineker?
« on: March 05, 2008, 09:06:24 AM »
Uproar in Leicester, should we have a massive statue of Ghandi in the city? Now I'm an admirer of Ghandi but if your going to put a mahoosive statue up that will probabliy cost a fortune then lets make it a bit more relevant shall we?

With 26% of the city population being of indian descent I can see the way the vote might go.

A. Knob said :

"(A Gandhi statue) will add to the vibrant and multicultural elements of this city since Gandhi's philosophies of truth, peace and non-violence had no boundaries."

Maybe so, but 26% aint 100% is it?

Myself, I prefer a 20ft statue of The Elephant Man outside the train station. That'll put the wind up visiting football fans.

http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30100-1307939,00.html

PS : Keith Vaz is a C***
I think my cat wants to kill me...

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
Re: Ghandi or Lineker?
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2008, 09:27:57 AM »
Annoyingly I can find nothing to disagree with in your post  rubschin:.
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2008, 09:30:06 AM »
Annoyingly I can find nothing to disagree with in your post  rubschin:.
Likewise...
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Just One More

• Power Poster
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2008, 09:32:16 AM »
Why have a statue of Ghandi in Leicester anyway? Ben Kingsley was from Salford  whistle:
LiFe - It's an "F" in lie

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2008, 09:35:06 AM »
Why have a statue of Ghandi in Leicester anyway? Ben Kingsley was from Salford  whistle:
drumroll:  lol:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2008, 09:39:17 AM »
B for effort but actually he was born in Scarborough. T'other side o' t'country lad se'thee.

Kingsley was born Krishna Bhanji in Scarborough, Yorkshire, England, the son of Ann Lyna Mary (née Goodman), an actress and model, and Rahimtulla Harji Bhanji, a medical doctor. Kingsley's father, an Ismaili Muslim, was born in Kenya of Indian Khoja Gujarati descent, as Kingsley's paternal grandfather was a spice trader who had moved from India to Zanzibar, where Kingsley's father lived until moving to England at the age of fourteen. Kingsley's mother, born out of wedlock, was "loath to speak of her background"; she was the daughter of an English East London garment worker mother and a father who was believed by the family to have been a Russian or German Jew.
Kingsley grew up in Pendlebury, Salford, where he studied at University of Salford
In truth his birth place was Snainton, a small village twixt Scarborough and Pickering

Yes I DO feel pedantic today .... the decorator is back doing one of the boys rooms and I always get like this when the painters are in.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2008, 09:43:16 AM by Snoopy »

Offline TG

• Fool Member
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2008, 09:51:52 AM »

Thomas Cook wasnt from Leicester either, he just started his first package tour from here and he already has a statue outside the station.

I'm glad you all agree that Keith Vaz is a C*** as well.  happy088
I think my cat wants to kill me...

Offline Just One More

• Power Poster
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2008, 11:23:02 AM »
B for effort but actually he was born in Scarborough. T'other side o' t'country lad se'thee.

Kingsley was born Krishna Bhanji in Scarborough, Yorkshire, England, the son of Ann Lyna Mary (née Goodman), an actress and model, and Rahimtulla Harji Bhanji, a medical doctor. Kingsley's father, an Ismaili Muslim, was born in Kenya of Indian Khoja Gujarati descent, as Kingsley's paternal grandfather was a spice trader who had moved from India to Zanzibar, where Kingsley's father lived until moving to England at the age of fourteen. Kingsley's mother, born out of wedlock, was "loath to speak of her background"; she was the daughter of an English East London garment worker mother and a father who was believed by the family to have been a Russian or German Jew.
Kingsley grew up in Pendlebury, Salford, where he studied at University of Salford
In truth his birth place was Snainton, a small village twixt Scarborough and Pickering

Yes I DO feel pedantic today .... the decorator is back doing one of the boys rooms and I always get like this when the painters are in.

Bugger!

I know this is something I shuldn't admit, but I was born in Salford. I always thought he was born there. So, Salford's claim to fame is Terry Duckworth from Coronation Street. Not exactly the same is it

Oh, I liked this one
the decorator is back doing one of the boys rooms and I always get like this when the painters are in.
LiFe - It's an "F" in lie

Offline Nick

« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2008, 11:28:51 AM »
I too have the painters in. evil:
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Berek

« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2008, 11:33:08 AM »
I too have the painters in. evil:

wor lass has as well, and don't I know it.. censored:

Offline Nick

« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2008, 11:35:18 AM »
Mrs Nick is menopausal but is in denial about it. Frightful!
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Offline tel

• Senior Moment
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2008, 11:38:36 AM »
Mrs Nick is menopausal but is in denial about it. Frightful!

Oh what joy!

RTFM

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2008, 12:33:35 PM »
Mrs S has done that (or at least thinks she has) either that or it's the longest pregnancy on record eeek:
Anywhoooo she sailed through it with a few hot flushes about a year ago. No problemo she said.