Author Topic: Things not to say to the canteen staff #3 - Iffits  (Read 823 times)

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
Things not to say to the canteen staff #3 - Iffits
« on: March 07, 2008, 02:38:13 PM »
Went into the canteen today and saw they had iffits on the menu. Walked up to the counter and looked at this tray of mystery bits of meat and said "iffits recognised I get a prize?"

BTW can anyone tell me what an iffit actually is, I dont think it would be a good idea if I went back in to ask....  whistle:
The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
Re: Things not to say to the canteen staff #3 - Iffits
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2008, 02:42:27 PM »
Went into the canteen today and saw they had iffits on the menu. Walked up to the counter and looked at this tray of mystery bits of meat and said "iffits recognised I get a prize?"

BTW can anyone tell me what an iffit actually is, I dont think it would be a good idea if I went back in to ask....  whistle:
In fact it is a variety of "E-fit", where a policeman will help the coroner build up a picture of the animal that killed you with food poisoning.

Avoid.
I mostly despair

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2008, 02:47:55 PM »
I did actually chicken out (no pun intended), I'd originally planned on asking "iffits not moving does that mean its ready to eat?". The canteen manager sharpening the large cleaver in the background made it seem like a bad idea.  noooo:
The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.

Offline Bar Wench

• Power Poster
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2008, 02:56:30 PM »
“Iffits” - a Norfolk version of tapas to replace the British staple of crisps and nuts - including Beef Dripping, sea salt and toast (£1.50); Sweet cured herring fillets (£2.50) or a plate of Piggy Pieces which could include potted ham, crackling, pork cheese and more (from £4.50 for one pig to £14 for four pigs).

Offline Bar Wench

• Power Poster

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2008, 03:03:29 PM »
None of those sound like anything resembling whatever they were shoving into pitta bread in the canteen I'm afraid Wenchy.

Actually what really worries me is that there are a couple of colleagues who havent been seen in a couple of days......  scared2:

Offline Bar Wench

• Power Poster
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2008, 03:05:21 PM »
It can also refer to a mish mash of items. Ifits in the fridge eat it, ifits there, eat it.

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2008, 03:07:18 PM »
It can also refer to a mish mash of items. Ifits in the fridge eat it, ifits there, eat it.

Given what I've seen then put in the bubble and sqeak for the friday fry up I can believe that description  sick2: