Author Topic: Wedding gift lists  (Read 4378 times)

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
Re: Wedding gift lists
« Reply #60 on: March 12, 2008, 05:20:32 PM »
the locals display sheep-like tendencies

Well what a surprise!  ::)

The rest of it sounds suitably Machiavellian for you Snoopy. ;)
I mostly despair

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
« Reply #61 on: March 12, 2008, 05:35:22 PM »
Yes .... I see myself more as the King Maker than the King.  whistle:
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #62 on: March 12, 2008, 05:43:13 PM »
Serious answer is no ..... not me because I prefer to publish and edit the community magazine and to do that I have to remain independent in order that I may criticise at will. As a council member I would have to forfiet that ability.
Because the locals display sheep like tendencies I feel it necessary to round up a few volunteers to put forward as candidate otherwise we get no election, the same old crew nominate one another and nothing ever changes. Four years ago I did this, forced a ballot and got roundly slagged off by certain members of the council for my pains. It was the first actual ballot in 27 years. I intend to do the same this year so I have my "new" candidates that the local council know nothing about until the nominations are published in April. I act as their agent which make more sense to me and it puts them under an obligation  eyes: There is more than one way to kill a cat than feeding it too much cream you know.  ;)

Non serious answer is the Chinese option previously mentioned.

Snoopiavelli?  whistle:
The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.