Disgusterous

Author Topic: Hi guys  (Read 2591 times)

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
Re: Hi guys
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2008, 04:07:26 PM »
Right, where were we? Ah yes. Far eastern gerbils... noooo:
You can feed them on turnips you know.
I mostly despair

Online Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2008, 04:08:46 PM »
[polite mode] So Mark. Are you a Cyprus poster as well? [polite mode off]

He was supposed to be on holiday here this week... but missed his flight...  whistle:

I feel Mark and Nick might get on rather well...
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline TG

• Fool Member
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2008, 04:10:06 PM »
Age-dependent studies on oligodendrocytes, which are the myelinating cells in the central nervous system, have been relatively less investigated. We examined age-dependent changes in Rip immunoreactivity and its protein level in the gerbil hippocampus during normal aging using immunohistochemistry and Western blot analysis with Rip antibody, an oligodendrocyte marker. Rip immunoreactivity and its protein level in the hippocampal CA1 region significantly increased at postnatal month 3 (PM 3). Thereafter, they decreased in the hippocampal CA1 region with age. At PM 24, Rip immunoreactive processes in the hippocampal CA1 region markedly decreased in the stratum radiatum. In the hippocampal CA2/3 region and dentate gyrus, the pattern of changes in Rip immunoreactivity and its protein level was similar to those in the hippocampal CA1 region; however, no significant changes were found in the CA2/3 region and dentate gyrus at various age stages. These results indicate that Rip immunoreactivity and protein level in the hippocampal CA1 region decreases significantly at PM 24 compared to the CA2/3 region and dentate gyrus.

Clever buggers eh?  happy088
I think my cat wants to kill me...

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2008, 04:11:51 PM »
Age-dependent studies on oligodendrocytes, which are the myelinating cells in the central nervous system, have been relatively less investigated. We examined age-dependent changes in Rip immunoreactivity and its protein level in the gerbil hippocampus during normal aging using immunohistochemistry and Western blot analysis with Rip antibody, an oligodendrocyte marker. Rip immunoreactivity and its protein level in the hippocampal CA1 region significantly increased at postnatal month 3 (PM 3). Thereafter, they decreased in the hippocampal CA1 region with age. At PM 24, Rip immunoreactive processes in the hippocampal CA1 region markedly decreased in the stratum radiatum. In the hippocampal CA2/3 region and dentate gyrus, the pattern of changes in Rip immunoreactivity and its protein level was similar to those in the hippocampal CA1 region; however, no significant changes were found in the CA2/3 region and dentate gyrus at various age stages. These results indicate that Rip immunoreactivity and protein level in the hippocampal CA1 region decreases significantly at PM 24 compared to the CA2/3 region and dentate gyrus.

Very shallow research, not a single mention of turnips.  noooo:
I mostly despair

Offline TG

• Fool Member
« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2008, 04:15:04 PM »

Agreed, shallow, but convincing to the uninitiated I imagine.

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2008, 04:17:56 PM »
If I'm reading that right it just says that the female's immune system becomes more active when pregnant and slowly decreases back to normal levels afterwards while still passing antibodies to her young through her milk

Its been a while since I've had to read any technical medican blurb though.  rubschin:
The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.

Offline TG

• Fool Member
« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2008, 04:19:01 PM »
If I'm reading that right it just says that the female's immune system becomes more active when pregnant and slowly decreases back to normal levels afterwards while still passing antibodies to her young through her milk

Its been a while since I've had to read any technical medican blurb though.  rubschin:

It's about gerbils aint it?

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2008, 04:20:32 PM »

It's about gerbils aint it?

Nah ~ Hippos
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline TG

• Fool Member
« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2008, 04:21:09 PM »
Same thing.

Offline Bar Wench

• Power Poster
« Reply #24 on: March 17, 2008, 04:24:48 PM »

Interesting.  rubschin: So all I need to do to fix my constant illness is knock myself up?

Offline TG

• Fool Member
« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2008, 04:26:21 PM »

As the silly man has put his email to the article I have mailed and said he's a canute and what about the turnips. I have also pointed out that Moo Ho Won is very stupid name indeed and that he should change it because people with stupid names dont get the Nobel prize for gerbil fiddling.

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2008, 04:29:32 PM »

Meanwhile back on topic

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #27 on: March 17, 2008, 04:35:51 PM »

Interesting.  rubschin: So all I need to do to fix my constant illness is knock myself up?

*waits for the inevitable response from Snoopy.....*  whistle:
The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.

Offline TG

• Fool Member
« Reply #28 on: March 17, 2008, 04:38:30 PM »

Meanwhile back on topic

The topic subject has gone away so this should be declared an open thread and can be freely taken off topic.  happy088

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #29 on: March 17, 2008, 04:38:39 PM »

*waits for the inevitable response from Snoopy.....*  whistle:

I think correctly speaking that someone else has to do the knocking up, you can only get yourself knocked up.

Unless you are into rubber gloves, straws and happen to know a vet.

I have a free day next month if you think you can fit me in.  eyes: