Disgusterous

Author Topic: Maybe it did work  (Read 792 times)

Offline tel

• Senior Moment
Maybe it did work
« on: March 19, 2008, 12:41:49 PM »
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/7304393.stm

Had 4 cats although none of them were still around when it happened to me.

No mention of dogs.

RTFM

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
Re: Maybe it did work
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2008, 12:42:39 PM »
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/7304393.stm

Had 4 cats although none of them were still around when it happened to me.

No mention of dogs.
Mine drive me mental!  Banghead
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2008, 12:50:40 PM »
You also stand a far higher chance of breaking your neck tripping over the bloody things. Why can't these researchers do the simple things right? A call to the Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents would reveal that, every year, thousands of people are injured and some even die as a result of being tripped by their pets.
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline tel

• Senior Moment
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2008, 01:03:29 PM »
You also stand a far higher chance of breaking your neck tripping over the bloody things. Why can't these researchers do the simple things right? A call to the Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents would reveal that, every year, thousands of people are injured and some even die as a result of being tripped by their pets.

I know. One of ours tripped me up on the stairs, I fell from top to bottom. Ended up with badly bruised ribs and went into shock later that night. Mrs Tel decided to call doctor when I started to complain about elephants riding bicycles on my pillow.

RTFM

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2008, 01:10:15 PM »

I know. One of ours tripped me up on the stairs, I fell from top to bottom. Ended up with badly bruised ribs and went into shock later that night. Mrs Tel decided to call doctor when I started to complain about elephants riding bicycles on my pillow.

I'm not a medical man but that sounds more like a surfeit of alcohol than shock.  whistle:

Offline tel

• Senior Moment
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2008, 01:12:45 PM »

I'm not a medical man but that sounds more like a surfeit of alcohol than shock.  whistle:

I was in severe pain. Mrs Tel told me that doctor would arrive 20 minutes when in fact sha had been told at least 2 hours!
Doctor gave me Valium. cloud9:
« Last Edit: March 19, 2008, 01:49:14 PM by tel »

RTFM

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2008, 01:18:04 PM »

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2008, 01:45:43 PM »

Agreed.

cat ownership was related to a 40% lower risk of suffering a fatal heart attack. 
The other 60% all died of tripping injuries.

We have several cats but they live outside virtually all the time.
I mostly despair

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2008, 06:10:27 PM »

Either that or they had him on industrial strength painkillers.
The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.