Disgusterous

Author Topic: Interruption to visits  (Read 14211 times)

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
Re: Interruption to visits
« Reply #210 on: December 18, 2008, 11:50:45 AM »
Well don't get into any bad habits.
drumroll:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline tel

• Senior Moment
« Reply #211 on: January 06, 2009, 09:17:38 AM »
Well, we're just off to sunny Croydon to inform Mrs Tels co-workers that they will be out of a job tomorrow, their employeer is going into administration.
Not going to be a good day.

RTFM

Offline The Moan Ranger

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • No surrender
« Reply #212 on: January 14, 2009, 09:36:39 PM »
It seems I am in the running for a Contract job in Woking. Hmmm....

Offline Pastis

• Power Poster
  • a continuing precarious position
« Reply #213 on: January 15, 2009, 06:16:52 PM »
Is that good? I hope so...  happy088

Anyhoo, seeing as this seems to be thread to announce temporary departures I'll take the opportunity of squaring the circle regarding the strange "... eunuchs" thread.

Toward the end of next week I'll be off to the land of the Mad Lovely Mullahs for a few days on a contract. I have no plans to spend time with President I'madinnerjacket; my only plan is to come back alive and well. Last time I was there they were saddened by the marital status entry on my passport and offered a clutch of wives in addition to the fee  eeek:
Sadly there's only enough spare space in the suitcase for Saffron, Caviar and a kilo or so of lemon flavoured pistachio nuts  cloud9:

Hope that clears up the confusion  ;)

Like the Buddhist said to the hot dog vendor...
"Make me one with everything"

Online Nick

« Reply #214 on: January 15, 2009, 06:18:41 PM »
What confusion?
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
« Reply #215 on: January 15, 2009, 06:22:16 PM »

Anyhoo, seeing as this seems to be thread to announce temporary departures I'll take the opportunity of squaring the circle regarding the strange "... eunuchs" thread.

Toward the end of next week I'll be off to the land of the Mad Lovely Mullahs for a few days on a contract. I have no plans to spend time with President I'madinnerjacket; my only plan is to come back alive and well. Last time I was there they were saddened by the marital status entry on my passport and offered a clutch of wives in addition to the fee  eeek:
Sadly there's only enough spare space in the suitcase for Saffron, Caviar and a kilo or so of lemon flavoured pistachio nuts  cloud9:

Well just make sure you do come back with your nuts  lol:

Have a safe trip won't you scared2:
Skubber

Offline Pastis

• Power Poster
« Reply #216 on: January 15, 2009, 06:26:26 PM »

Thanks for your good wishes  lol:

With a bit of luck my nuts will come back with me, pleasantly fragranced with Persian Citrus

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #217 on: January 15, 2009, 06:38:43 PM »

With a bit of luck my nuts will come back with me, pleasantly fragranced with Persian Citrus
Euphemism...?  rubschin:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #218 on: January 15, 2009, 06:39:03 PM »

No carpets?

Or was that just when the Shah was in charge?

Have a good trip anyway.
I mostly despair

Offline Pastis

• Power Poster
« Reply #219 on: January 15, 2009, 06:53:28 PM »
No carpets?

Or was that just when the Shah was in charge?

Have a good trip anyway.

Thank you DS. I think baggage restrictions these days preclude the inclusion of an Isfahan antiquity  ;)

One of the strangest sights I've seen is the carpet cleaning frenzy prior to Iranian new year  eeek:. The roads in Tehran are awash with cars with rolled up carpets on the roof taking them to the cleaners in preparation for the festivities. Traffic in the city is manic mayhem at the best of times but the carpets add a bizarre touch.

grumpyoldsoldier

« Reply #220 on: January 15, 2009, 08:16:32 PM »

Euphemism...?  rubschin:
I don't think so. I met her in a bar in Malta a long time ago, she was a very friendly lady. cloud9:

Offline tel

• Senior Moment
« Reply #221 on: February 09, 2009, 12:21:58 PM »
Well, Mrs Tel was made redundant (by administrators) on Friday, that's after 38 years service!

Company was sold, but not the concession she worked in. Now waiting for form to arrive to claim from govt.

Happy days.

RTFM

Online Nick

« Reply #222 on: February 09, 2009, 12:24:28 PM »
It is all around us.  Bad news. My commiserations
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
« Reply #223 on: February 09, 2009, 12:26:25 PM »
Well, Mrs Tel was made redundant (by administrators) on Friday, that's after 38 years service!

Company was sold, but not the concession she worked in. Now waiting for form to arrive to claim from govt.

Happy days.

That's shitty! Which company (concession)?
Presumably the shop/store company was sold and the concessions told to sod off so that the TUPE rules wouldn't apply. Surely though her employers were the concession owners who would be liable for redundo ~ which ought to be more than the Govt pay out. Employment law is tricky but there must be something she can do against them.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2009, 12:29:15 PM by Snoopy »
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline tel

• Senior Moment
« Reply #224 on: February 09, 2009, 12:39:01 PM »

Happy days.

That's shitty! Which company (concession)?
Presumably the shop/store company was sold and the concessions told to sod off so that the TUPE rules wouldn't apply. Surely though her employers were the concession owners who would be liable for redundo ~ which ought to be more than the Govt pay out. Employment law is tricky but there must be something she can do against them.

She worked for Viyella (about the last 9 years). She transferred to them from Jaeger who at that time were part of the Coates Paton group, so continous employment.
Viyella were put into administration in January and last Friday were sold to Austin Reed - http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7875469.stm

This morning phoned head office about another matter and was told her position - she has been made redundant by the administrators as Austin Reed did not purchase the concession in Allders in Croydon (one of their most profitable) and so she now has to claim her redundancy, notice payment and any holiday pay due, from the Govt - Redundancy Payment Office.

RTFM