Author Topic: Interruption to visits  (Read 14260 times)

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
Re: Interruption to visits
« Reply #75 on: March 26, 2008, 04:18:50 PM »
Just making a flying visit to the pub ....sorry to hear the news Tel...but as Snoopy says...there is definitely life after redundancy... hang in there!!!! I'm over in the UK 'enjoying' the wonderful weather!!!  eeek:  Just spent the day in Norwich punishing the credit card..... as LL is tied up in Cyprus (well..not literally I hope!) I thought I would take over the retail therapy. Gor heavens save no-one tell Mr T!!!!!!!!!!  scared2: 

Now have to get ready for son no.2 to take me out for dinner...oh what a life!

All the best to everyone...any orders when I hit the town again in the morning?   eyes:

Not in Norwich ~ no I don't think so thanks all the same ..... It's about as dead as Rhyl.
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Tinkerbell

« Reply #76 on: March 26, 2008, 04:26:47 PM »
Hey Snoops, when did you come over to Norwich last...there's shops to die for. 2 huge shopping malls now, plus all the oldy worldy ones!!!  lol:

Offline Landlady

• Fool Member
« Reply #77 on: March 26, 2008, 04:29:09 PM »
Hey Snoops, when did you come over to Norwich last...there's shops to die for. 2 huge shopping malls now, plus all the oldy worldy ones!!!  lol:

Hello Tinks - your hubby and Millie coming up shortly for supper  ;D Better go and rescue the beef casserole from the oven  eeek:

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #78 on: March 26, 2008, 04:32:20 PM »
T'aint the shops m'dear .... 'tis the locals. "Too slow to catch a cold" as my old dad would have said.

If I want shops I have Manchester and London much easier to reach than Norwich and the parking in either is easier as I recall.

Norwich used to be part of my patch some 15 years ago and getting the local police moving was nigh impossible. One of my contracts was to provide security at the Crown and Magstrates Courts so I spent some time there. Also had the contract with Jarrolds printers, Colemans the mustard people and several others.

Tinkerbell

« Reply #79 on: March 26, 2008, 04:43:12 PM »
You don't miss it then? Just been
 in the mustard shop!!! Wonder if our paths ever crossed...Mr T was based at county Hall 15 yrs ago!

Tinkerbell

« Reply #80 on: March 26, 2008, 04:44:50 PM »

Hello Tinks - your hubby and Millie coming up shortly for supper  ;D Better go and rescue the beef casserole from the oven  eeek:

Hi LL,
Just off out to dinner myself...son no 2 buying me a Mother's Day meal....better late than never eh??? Enjoy this evening.... love to you all. I'll email tomorrow.  ;)

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #81 on: March 26, 2008, 04:45:12 PM »
You don't miss it then? Just been
 in the mustard shop!!! Wonder if our paths ever crossed...Mr T was based at county Hall 15 yrs ago!
I don’t think climbing in through the skylight with a bag marked ‘swag’ over his shoulder really counts…  noooo:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #82 on: March 26, 2008, 04:54:34 PM »
I was thinking something similar myself BM
No never went to County Hall but if you remember the new Law Courts being built I was there a lot then. Or if you watched the justices turn up for the innaugral "swearing in". Them in long robes, wigs and stocking etc, Trumpeters from the Local Regiment and lurking in the background a silver haired chap with a large moustache, wearing a pinstriped suit and an "earpiece" with curly lead down under the collar, who talked out of the side of his mouth into a small mike on his lapel. That was me being as inconspicuous as 6ft, 16 stone security people can be.

And before Nick gets in .... yes I was that slim then ~ but it was before age, running pubs and diabetes all got to me.

Offline tel

• Senior Moment
« Reply #83 on: March 31, 2008, 10:58:36 AM »
Am now in the process of hooking up old and new PCs. What fun!

KVM and switch works fine but as the 2 machines are in different domains, connect them and transferring data and settings is going to be fun. having to remember the black arts of TCP/IP etc.

RTFM

Offline Nick

« Reply #84 on: March 31, 2008, 11:00:55 AM »
Remember

www.skillfair.co.uk

A new life beckons.And a more lucrative one. When I got made redundant I put enough money into my account to cover all DDs and Sos for 6months so I could forget about bills while I got on making some money.

11 years on and I have a better quality of life than I ever did when working.

Seriously(for once)
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Offline tel

• Senior Moment
« Reply #85 on: March 31, 2008, 11:14:37 AM »
I had fun with that site. Signed up as client so found I was looking for employees, so cancelled and signed up again. Confirmation emails then trashed my Outlook Express making it freeze only to be undone by a re-boot. managed to get rid of messaages and email was then fine.
Same day I bought a USB keyboard as KVM was USB only. Just as well as during the email problem the batteries in the wireless keyboard ran out.

NOTE - USB keyboard is not recognised when you boot Windows, so no F8 and getting into safe mode!

RTFM

Offline Nick

« Reply #86 on: March 31, 2008, 11:40:38 AM »
I am not responsible for your incompetence. eveilgrin:

I get loads of work off there!
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Offline The Moan Ranger

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • No surrender
« Reply #87 on: May 27, 2008, 02:49:24 PM »
Deep joy - I have been granted early release from the hell-hole.

Roll on 29th August!  cloud9:

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #88 on: May 27, 2008, 03:11:01 PM »
 happ096

Offline The Moan Ranger

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • No surrender
« Reply #89 on: May 27, 2008, 03:25:58 PM »
What to spend the redundancy on? Always fancied an Aston...