Author Topic: How bloody dare they!  (Read 1766 times)

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
How bloody dare they!
« on: March 22, 2008, 11:11:56 AM »
Teachers Union Leaders are blaming parents for all the troubles that their children cause at school. The claim is that parents pamper children too much and this makes the children disruptive and disobedient at school.

Warra load of bollox. These are the peole who have the children in their charge for up to 8 hours a day. If they cannot maintain order then it is because they are piss poor teachers. When little Johnny has a tantrum at the school gate it is because he knows damned well that if his father welts him one and sends him into class the fvcking teacher will be the first one on the phone organising a conference of like minded idiots to declare the child as being "at risk" .... and then they will want the parent to attend "parenting classes" run by wimmin in Indian Print Skirts & Sandals. These wimmin will not have shaved their legs for years and will have toenails in serious need of attention which they try to hide by painting them bright green.

OK you have had your headlines now get on with your job, don't blame all parents for the failings of a few and for gawd's sake put your own house in order first.

http://ukpress.google.com/article/ALeqM5jghQAUoyiT-ily7v55uGnEkThSog
« Last Edit: March 22, 2008, 11:20:08 AM by Snoopy »
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline Nick

• Needs to get out more...
Re: How bloody dare they!
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2008, 11:40:33 AM »
We are caught on the horns of this at present.The Boy's behavoiur gone AWOL.Sanctions and incentives on a zero-toelrace basis, but as Snoops rightly says, one smacked bottom and we will be surrounded by the Social Police.I whacked him once about 2 years ago after he upended the kitchen table and destroyed a lot of stuff (stone floor).We were reported!
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2008, 11:46:11 AM »
We are caught on the horns of this at present.The Boy's behavoiur gone AWOL.Sanctions and incentives on a zero-toelrace basis, but as Snoops rightly says, one smacked bottom and we will be surrounded by the Social Police.I whacked him once about 2 years ago after he upended the kitchen table and destroyed a lot of stuff (stone floor).We were reported!
Is the telly back out then?
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Nick

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2008, 11:51:33 AM »
No.And I put a padlock on my office door yesterday.We caught him removing it with the electric screwdriver at 3 this monring.

Bye bye Easter eggs!

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2008, 12:42:19 PM »
No.And I put a padlock on my office door yesterday.We caught him removing it with the electric screwdriver at 3 this monring.

Bye bye Easter eggs!
You've got to admire his spirit!  ;D
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Nick

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2008, 12:45:02 PM »
No.I built the new dining table and chairs yesterday. About £2K worth.

He has scratched the table top Banghead

Deliberately

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2008, 12:46:23 PM »
No.I built the new dining table and chairs yesterday. About £2K worth.

He has scratched the table top Banghead

Deliberately
Oh bugger!  noooo:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Nick

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2008, 12:48:00 PM »
He used a three pin plug Banghead

Offline Uncle Mort

• Power Poster
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2008, 01:09:42 PM »
Bollocks! I'm with the teachers on this one. It is the failing of the few; piss poor parenting leading to unruly, disruptive children. Most pupils are well behaved and only need a light touch of disipline at school. The policy of inclusion of special needs children in mainstream schooling is the problem, teachers have to devote most of their time and energy in controlling the few 'bad' pupils. Put money back in separate schools and let the majority of children who are well behaved have the attention of the teacher.

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2008, 01:14:41 PM »
And all the "advisers" under the sun will say "sit him down and ask him what it is that he wants because he is attention seeking"

I too have been reported, questioned etc. On one memorable occasion I was leapt (literally) upon by three strapping wimmin attendants at the Bletchley Leisure Centre because I called my kids out of the water and, as the girl child (then about 12 .... we are talking first marriage) was literally blue with cold I wrapped a towel round her and rubbed her back,  upper arms and shoulders  vigorously. What parent would not. After I had totally lost it with these do-gooders and cursed them to hell and back, my daughter and son had convinced them that I was indeed the parent in charge (without whom they were not permitted entry as neither could actually swim), they banned me from the place for "inappropriate behaviour"  Banghead

I hate all social workers, teachers and their stupid ideas equally. I blame successive governments who seem to me to want the State to raise our children, rather in the fashion that the Nazis and the Communists used to advocate, collectively so that they are all little clones.  cussing:

Uncle Mort ~ you have a good point but it goes deeper than that now. Six of the best did me no harm and frankly it would do my teenage hormone wreck more good that the "discussion" that the school invited her to last week where they talked about her "attitude".

Offline Nick

« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2008, 01:16:47 PM »
I am well aware that bad parents (see the recent Shannon case) store up all kinds of trouble. I felt that the burden of SNoopy's OP was that parents are blamed by default. Impose discipline at home.Time to meet the social workers!

With The Boy's history we have endured expulsions, broekn windows, assaults, vandalism and police searches.

Slap his arse and the type Snoopy describes are on you like a ton of bricks.I know!

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2008, 01:43:24 PM »
But anyway that was yesterday's soundbite to grab the headlines for their pathetic little conference.

Today they want all private schools to be forced to become state schools.
 http://ukpress.google.com/article/ALeqM5h-wdcbRGf0QssZA2dhHDu1PRn9bw

Bollox to those who want a choice. "THE STATE MUST CONTROL EVERYTHING" is their regular mantra.
B@st@rds the lot of them.

The problem is that it is only those who are push themselves forward who get elected. The majority just want a quiet life, a monthly pay check and early retirement. The pushy ones are those with "an agenda".

Why the media panders to them I do not know. angry037

Offline Uncle Mort

• Power Poster
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2008, 01:48:42 PM »
Beating a child isn't the answer. I have no doubt that some bad parents are ''disipling" their children to within a inch of their lives. Boundarys, rules and a strong sense of what is right are needed by children and that has to be developed at an early age. Before school.

At what point should you stop hitting children? For the first few years I slapped my children on the back of the hand to show my disapproval and to get their attention. Certainly by the time they had developed good language skills I had stopped as I could reason with them.

'Six of the best never did me any harm' but did it do any good? Those I saw at school who got punished thus never seemed to change their attitude.

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2008, 02:05:39 PM »
I think the point now is that the children are made aware of their rights before they have the maturity to accept the responsibility that goes with those rights.

Government policy increasingly over the past twenty or so years has been to get mothers back to work before the child is weaned. Now they say that they will not actually teach them anything before they are seven. So School has become a play scheme and child minding service. "Civilised" societies do not even take them into schools until they are seven but we push them into the system still in nappies. It is plain wrong.

More and more psychologists now agree that the first seven years are when the parents have the most influence over their children, between 7 and 14 it is almost entirely the school teachers and some degree of peer pressure that has influence and from 14 to 17 it is almost exclusively peer pressure that influences behaviour. Take away the parental role between birth and age 7 by placing them in state nurseries so that the Treasury can tax the earnings of the mothers as well as the fathers and you have a recipe for what we now see. Modern yoof has no foundations on which the schools may build because the state has removed the parent from the equation. Some, like the Nicks, The Snoopys and Uncle Mort are fighting but frankly our backs are to the wall and there are those teacher's "leaders" and politicians who are determined to undermine our efforts.

As for six of the best .... without an ultimate deterrent you have no sanctions that will work. BUT that is only my opinion. Everyone has their own way of dealing with a situation.

Offline Uncle Mort

• Power Poster
« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2008, 02:24:39 PM »
Wasn't it the Jesuits that said "Give me a child until he is seven and I will give you the man" Teachers and peer pressure will have an influence on the child but how much will depend on what the parents put into place in the early years.