Author Topic: How long before?  (Read 513 times)

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
How long before?
« on: March 23, 2008, 05:54:35 PM »
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/hampshire/7310605.stm

Apparently a teacher (female) has been murdered in Petersfield (where, I have to be honest, I thought nothing had happned since Alec Guiness died there some years back). Another teacher who lived in the same road has been charged with the murder.

It seems that the accused is a Maths teacher .................. I can't help wondering how long it took before a copper at the crime scene turned to his mate and said "You know Sarge ~ This just doesn't add up"
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline Just One More

• Power Poster
Re: How long before?
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2008, 06:10:29 PM »

Apparently a teacher (female) has been murdered in Petersfield (where, I have to be honest, I thought nothing had happned since Alec Guiness died there some years back). Another teacher who lived in the same road has been charged with the murder.

It seems that the accused is a Maths teacher .................. I can't help wondering how long it took before a copper at the crime scene turned to his mate and said "You know Sarge ~ This just doesn't add up"

whacky007
LiFe - It's an "F" in lie

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2008, 06:12:20 PM »

whacky007

Well if it was an episode of "Morse" or "Midsomer" it would have been said .... they said it in about every second episode anyway. All right my sense of humour is warped but it was the first thought that came into my head as I heard the news on the radio.
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2008, 07:02:01 PM »

drumroll:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2008, 12:32:29 PM »

If it took longer then 30 seconds after the arrest I'd be surprised. One thing I remember about police/paramedics/doctors et al is that they all have a warped sense of humour to get through the daily grind.
The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.