Disgusterous

Author Topic: Charity bag cynic?  (Read 2486 times)

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
Charity bag cynic?
« on: April 03, 2008, 09:17:20 AM »
Is it just me being my usual untrusting cynical self...as Mrs G always claims I am  ::)....no REALIST my little slippy petal...or does anyone else view these bags that you stick on your path, filled with all your no longer used goodies (tat) waiting for collection, as an Alladins cave for the driver/ collectors and probable flea bay fanatics, to make a few handy quid? rubschin:

We currently have 2 awaiting collection.
Just going to open one, and stick 'The Pan from hell' in it. ;)
« Last Edit: April 03, 2008, 09:19:40 AM by GROWLER »

Offline Nick

• Needs to get out more...
Re: Charity bag cynic?
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2008, 09:26:56 AM »
I have enver heard of these things. What I do know is that my local dump prohbits removal of items left there. That does not seem to stop the employees rummaging around in skips and "salvaging" items for their own use!
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2008, 09:29:10 AM »
Charity begins at home my mother always said and in my case that is where it stays. I keep their bags to use for garden rubbish that I want to take to the tip, I keep their pens for my children to use/loose, I send their sample Christmas cards to people that I don't want to waste money on, I use their envelopes for letters by using a sticky label. I am one mean b@st@rd.
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2008, 09:32:41 AM »
I have enver heard of these things. What I do know is that my local dump prohbits removal of items left there. That does not seem to stop the employees rummaging around in skips and "salvaging" items for their own use!

I'm amazed, as you only live 6 miles away. we get them shoved through the door every month or so, and I'd have thought they'd have been able to 'swoop' on better quality tat down there than up here in this shit hole.

The tip workers do quite openly rummage and scavange, I've noticed.
Must be a perk of the job?

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2008, 09:36:50 AM »
I use their envelopes for letters by using a sticky label. I am one mean b@st@rd.

If they are pre-paid, I usually stick a label over the return address, and use them for returning mail such as tax returns, and other such undesirable crap.
Bloody companies house want £30 off me and a filled out return, and they can't even be bothered sending me a flamin' envelope at all! Mean bastards.

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2008, 09:40:39 AM »
Talking of envelopes. Just received our water bill, and on the envelope they proudly announce with gleeful hearts...."new style bill enclosed!"

WOW! I'm so bloody excited I can hardly control my shaking hands in great anticipation, you thieving lazy inefficient bastards.

New style alright. Even BIGGER than before. cussing:

Offline Nick

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2008, 09:42:32 AM »
 happy001 happy001

When I travelled on buses I noticed that early each New Year they announced an "adjustment" in fares. Would that be a reduction then?

Nope!

Offline Bar Wench

• Power Poster
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2008, 09:46:58 AM »
We get them at my house. I use them, stuff them to the gunnals with crap. If I have to take stuff to the charity shop it never happens so the bags are a god send. I have a box in the spare room and stuff gets chucked in it and when a bag arrives it all goes in there.

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2008, 09:50:36 AM »
happy001 happy001

When I travelled on buses I noticed that early each New Year they announced an "adjustment" in fares. Would that be a reduction then?

Nope!

What's a bus?

Arrrrrrr, right. Those stinking, smoke belching, over priced, inefficient ,unreliable, dirty, old, late, sheds on wheels, full of spitting swearing dirty knife weilding phone chatting cretins, that clog up our roads that the government want us to use more?

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2008, 09:54:12 AM »
We get them at my house. I use them, stuff them to the gunnals with crap. If I have to take stuff to the charity shop it never happens so the bags are a god send. I have a box in the spare room and stuff gets chucked in it and when a bag arrives it all goes in there.

Yes same here, but do you trust them....the alledged charity organisations that issue them and their driver/collectors and shop staff...not the bags themselves.

Always on the sniff...being a scouser like....for a 'business opportunity' ;), what could possibly stop me from simply driving around these streets of ours, collecting them myself?! eeek:
« Last Edit: April 03, 2008, 09:56:49 AM by GROWLER »

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2008, 09:54:57 AM »
I send their sample Christmas cards to people that I don't want to waste money on,

You mean the one you sent me with the idyllic French farmhouse wasn't of the village of S'Ample ?

I am desolate. sad32:
I mostly despair

Offline Nick

« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2008, 09:55:14 AM »
happy001 happy001

Nope!

What's a bus?

Arrrrrrr, right. Those stinking, smoke belching, over priced, inefficient ,unreliable, dirty, old, late, sheds on wheels, full of spitting swearing dirty knife weilding phone chatting cretins, that clog up our roads that the government want us to use more?

Don't mince your words Mr Bear, tell it like it is!

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2008, 09:57:13 AM »
TRUST 'EM?

Nope .... not even the sweet little old ladies who give their time so freely.

They all see first pickin's as their perks and donate 10 pence rather than actually steal the items.

Then they "price" the other stuff much higher.
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2008, 09:58:22 AM »
I send their sample Christmas cards to people that I don't want to waste money on,

You mean the one you sent me with the idyllic French farmhouse wasn't of the village of S'Ample ?

I am desolate. sad32:

LMFCO you old turnip muncher!

Offline Nick

« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2008, 09:58:30 AM »
Which reminds me of a firend of mine who worked ina  charity shop.A man called up one day to ask if they wanted a dog kennel.They siad yes and he brought it round. He had made it himself.

Out of railway sleepers! eeek: