Disgusterous

Author Topic: Perfume that old wimmin use.  (Read 2401 times)

grumpyoldsoldier

Re: Perfume that old wimmin use.
« Reply #30 on: April 04, 2008, 12:00:35 AM »
WTF is it? It's vile and totally detestable. Are they all dykes, cus most men will run a mile after getting a whiff of it?

Because, they are worth it.

Offline Landlady

• Fool Member
« Reply #31 on: April 04, 2008, 06:33:53 AM »
I suggest, semi seriously, that Mr. Growler exits on this walks with a can of 'Oust' in his pocket then, when he passes any offending niffs, he can wipe his can of spray out and give the culprits a good spraying  ;)

When dealing with the 'swarm of killer bees' yesterday BM says the customer sprayed himself with the local mosi killer spray stuff before exiting the house again - not sure I would have  ::) when I use it 'lightly' in the rooms I spray and then runnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
« Reply #32 on: April 04, 2008, 07:35:43 AM »
Many Old Ladies are so fearful of "smelling" that they do dowse themselves liberally with perfume or scent of one sort or another. One problem is that they perhaps are unable to "wash" theri "bits and pieces" due to their inability to get into or out of a bath. MiL is like this so drenches herself in what are pungent (and I don't doubt are expensive) scents, body sprays and God knows what else. Another factor is that many people it seems are unaware that body chemistry plays a big part in how a given perfume will smell on a person. Everyone is different. My brother can wear aftershaves that on me smell like cats piss for example. My first wife could not wear Chanel No5  .... it smelled awful on her but in the bottle it was lovely. Therein lies your main problem.
So to summarise
(i) The old dears are trying to mask often perceived rather than actual body smells
(ii) The old dears fail to realise that with age a perfume that has suited them for years is no longer appropriate
(iii) The old dears are wearing perfumes that they have had for years (for economy reasons usually)
(iv) The old dears are using stuff given them by their children and grandchildren "because granny likes this one" and no-one has considered that, post menopause, the scent of their youth is no longer the right one for them.

Just remember that they are trying and they are as happy as they can be given their circumstances. We all get older and old men smell too. The old dears whose smell you dislike probably find pipe smoke, gardening/potting shed smelling trousers, and old mens farts offensive whereas you don't notice them.
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #33 on: April 04, 2008, 07:41:39 AM »
Many Old Ladies are so fearful of "smelling" that they do dowse themselves liberally with perfume or scent of one sort or another. One problem is that they perhaps are unable to "wash" theri "bits and pieces" due to their inability to get into or out of a bath. MiL is like this so drenches herself in what are pungent (and I don't doubt are expensive) scents, body sprays and God knows what else. Another factor is that many people it seems are unaware that body chemistry plays a big part in how a given perfume will smell on a person. Everyone is different. My brother can wear aftershaves that on me smell like cats piss for example. My first wife could not wear Chanel No5  .... it smelled awful on her but in the bottle it was lovely. Therein lies your main problem.
So to summarise
(i) The old dears are trying to mask often perceived rather than actual body smells
(ii) The old dears fail to realise that with age a perfume that has suited them for years is no longer appropriate
(iii) The old dears are wearing perfumes that they have had for years (for economy reasons usually)
(iv) The old dears are using stuff given them by their children and grandchildren "because granny likes this one" and no-one has considered that, post menopause, the scent of their youth is no longer the right one for them.

Just remember that they are trying and they are as happy as they can be given their circumstances. We all get older and old men smell too. The old dears whose smell you dislike probably find pipe smoke, gardening/potting shed smelling trousers, and old mens farts offensive whereas you don't notice them.
None of the "my dog has no nose" jokes on you today.  happ096

he can wipe his can of spray out and give the culprits a good spraying

I thought as the lady of the house, you would have the "wipe hand"?  whistle:
I mostly despair