Author Topic: On being smart…  (Read 5705 times)

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
Re: On being smart…
« Reply #60 on: April 09, 2008, 03:28:28 PM »
And do you propose to stay or are you waiting for the trellis to dry?
Do you have to paint it then?  rubschin:

That rather depends if LL has chosen wooden or plastic trellis. If it is wooden it will need to be treated with a wood preservative every couple of years and certainly when first erected. If plastic it will crack in the sun, turn a paler colour than the one she thought she had bought (unless white in which case it will go yellow) and it will be all YOUR FAULT!

Wood... but it is bolted onto the wall now...  whistle:

Well I expect your nice Cyprus sunshine and the hot wind born sand will soon bleach it then. Best get something growing up it PDQ in my opinion ~ but then what will grow up a trellis when you have a water shortage? whistle:
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #61 on: April 09, 2008, 03:29:32 PM »

That rather depends if LL has chosen wooden or plastic trellis. If it is wooden it will need to be treated with a wood preservative every couple of years and certainly when first erected. If plastic it will crack in the sun, turn a paler colour than the one she thought she had bought (unless white in which case it will go yellow) and it will be all YOUR FAULT!

Well I expect your nice Cyprus sunshine and the hot wind born sand will soon bleach it then. Best get something growing up it PDQ in my opinion ~ but then what will grow up a trellis when you have a water shortage? whistle:
rubschin:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #62 on: April 09, 2008, 03:31:30 PM »

rubschin:

doh:

Offline Bar Wench

• Power Poster
« Reply #63 on: April 09, 2008, 03:49:22 PM »
You may want to keep that quiet BM, she keeps muttering something about bar nuts on ebay.....  whistle:
I notice Wenchy is in 'a bit of a mood' today...  noooo:

So would you be if you had Mr Wench banging on depressed about how he probably won't get a ticket to the FA Cup final.

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #64 on: April 09, 2008, 03:52:06 PM »
You may want to keep that quiet BM, she keeps muttering something about bar nuts on ebay.....  whistle:

So would you be if you had Mr Wench banging on depressed about how he probably won't get a ticket to the FA Cup final.
Ah... so that's the problem!  whistle:

Funny... I didn't think my name was Mr. Wench tho?  Banghead
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #65 on: April 09, 2008, 03:52:38 PM »
There are times we have wondered that BM  point:
The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.

Offline Bar Wench

• Power Poster
« Reply #66 on: April 09, 2008, 03:53:22 PM »

You are a bloke. Today you ALL suffer!  evil:

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #67 on: April 09, 2008, 03:53:43 PM »

In my day they used to issue them to genuine supporters (ie season ticket holders) and then to anyone who had a ticket stub to prove they had been at the semi final.

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #68 on: April 09, 2008, 03:54:18 PM »

but but but but but but but but I havent done anything to you Wenchy  sad24:
The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #69 on: April 09, 2008, 03:54:27 PM »

Ah… the old ‘all men are equally guilty’ rule…  noooo:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #70 on: April 09, 2008, 03:55:31 PM »

Ah… the old ‘all men are equally guilty’ rule…  noooo:

'Twas ever thus I'm afraid. noooo:

Offline Bar Wench

• Power Poster
« Reply #71 on: April 09, 2008, 03:57:15 PM »

In my day they used to issue them to genuine supporters (ie season ticket holders) and then to anyone who had a ticket stub to prove they had been at the semi final.

You'd think wouldn't you. There are ambassador members, season ticket holders, away club members, ordinary members. Those alone will, IMHO, be more than the allocation. At the moment we are railing against corporate tickets.  Banghead I will be calling all my contacts when I get home in an attempt to pull a couple in. MILFH and Brother in Law will be fine because they are ambassador and season ticket holders. Mr Wench however, only holds away club membership which despite promises seems to no better than a tesco club card for getting a ticket.

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #72 on: April 09, 2008, 03:59:06 PM »

You'd think wouldn't you. There are ambassador members, season ticket holders, away club members, ordinary members. Those alone will, IMHO, be more than the allocation. At the moment we are railing against corporate tickets.  Banghead I will be calling all my contacts when I get home in an attempt to pull a couple in. MILFH and Brother in Law will be fine because they are ambassador and season ticket holders. Mr Wench however, only holds away club membership which despite promises seems to no better than a tesco club card for getting a ticket.
You could always watch it on the telly?  whistle:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #73 on: April 09, 2008, 04:01:30 PM »

You'd think wouldn't you. There are ambassador members, season ticket holders, away club members, ordinary members. Those alone will, IMHO, be more than the allocation. At the moment we are railing against corporate tickets.  Banghead I will be calling all my contacts when I get home in an attempt to pull a couple in. MILFH and Brother in Law will be fine because they are ambassador and season ticket holders. Mr Wench however, only holds away club membership which despite promises seems to no better than a tesco club card for getting a ticket.
You could always watch it on the telly?  whistle:

Not the same tho' ..... She's got the taste for Wem-Ber-Ley now.

Offline Bar Wench

• Power Poster
« Reply #74 on: April 09, 2008, 04:32:33 PM »
To be fair it isn't really about me. Yes I'd love to go but I'm not going to sulk if I can't. If Mr Wench can't on the other hand.  scared2: