Disgusterous

Author Topic: What law is it that says  (Read 1016 times)

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
What law is it that says
« on: May 17, 2008, 12:05:05 PM »
It will ALWAYS be 2am that the smoke detector will commence its infernal bleeping to let me know that the batteries needs changing ?  Banghead

There is NEVER a spare battery of the right size in the house?  Banghead

The day AFTER I change the batteries a leaflet from the fire brigade offering a smoke detector test will arrive?  Banghead

Despite my following the advice to change the batteries on an anniversary, to ensure that they are renewed annually, the new batteries WILL NOT last a year but die two or three weeks before the next anniversary?  Banghead
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline tel

• Senior Moment
Re: What law is it that says
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2008, 12:08:39 PM »
Spooky.

Ours decided to start bleating at about 0400, but strangely stopped just after the radio alarm came on - Smooth FM!

About 30 mins ago, it started again. have removed battery, will obtain replacement when I go off to see the footie. Got to stay in a reasonable state, wedding anniversary today.

RTFM

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2008, 12:10:49 PM »
 eeek: The smoke detectors are fighting back  scared2:

Offline Mrs TG

• Fool Member
  • Scouse and proud!!
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2008, 12:19:43 PM »
we had to recently replace our cordless phones because the one in bedroom used to bleep in middle of nite, was very scary, mr tg used to scare me an say it the dead trying to get in touch.....so they had to go  scared2:
Listen to the whispers of your heart, for there resides your strength of spirit and the goodness of your soul.

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2008, 12:31:06 PM »
One of our smoke detectors started this morning!  eeek:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline TG

• Fool Member
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2008, 12:34:40 PM »
we had to recently replace our cordless phones because the one in bedroom used to bleep in middle of nite, was very scary, mr tg used to scare me an say it the dead trying to get in touch.....so they had to go  scared2:

It was a hotline to straight to hell i tells ya!  scared2:
I think my cat wants to kill me...

Offline Mrs TG

• Fool Member
  • Scouse and proud!!
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2008, 12:38:01 PM »

me even more scaredy cat now, i hate the dark an waking in the dead of nite... scared2:
Listen to the whispers of your heart, for there resides your strength of spirit and the goodness of your soul.

Offline TG

• Fool Member
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2008, 12:40:17 PM »

me even more scaredy cat now, i hate the dark an waking in the dead of nite... scared2:

eyes:

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2008, 12:50:50 PM »

eyes:

And I bet Mr TG has a cunning plan to take your mind off your fears  eyes:

Offline TG

• Fool Member
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2008, 12:53:43 PM »

eyes:

Indeed, where can I get an ouija board?  rubschin:

Offline Mrs TG

• Fool Member
  • Scouse and proud!!
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2008, 02:01:58 PM »

eyes:

Indeed, where can I get an ouija board?  rubschin:

none of that business in my house my dear.....the neighbour already told me old man died here many yrs ago, i was ok while i dident know, why do people do that! then again i am strangely fine in daylight hours, just scaredy cat when it dark. scared2:

Online Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2008, 11:16:11 AM »
It will ALWAYS be 2am that the smoke detector will commence its infernal bleeping to let me know that the batteries needs changing ?  Banghead

The day AFTER I change the batteries a leaflet from the fire brigade offering a smoke detector test will arrive?  Banghead

Despite my following the advice to change the batteries on an anniversary, to ensure that they are renewed annually, the new batteries WILL NOT last a year but die two or three weeks before the next anniversary?  Banghead

Simple answer there Snoop. Get one that wires into the mains.  rubschin:
The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2008, 12:05:59 PM »

Simple answer there Snoop. Get one that wires into the mains.  rubschin:

(i) You haven't seen the wiring in this old house  scared2:

(ii) You haven't experienced the regular power cuts we get here where most of the electricty supply to houses is above ground.