Disgusterous

Author Topic: Thursday Morning and I have the first outpatient appointment of the day!  (Read 572 times)

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
I have been to the hospital this morning. Outpatient appointment in the Cardiac Clinic to have my magic box downloaded and checked. My appointment was for 0830. I got there at 0825 and took a seat in the deserted waiting area and watched the grill over the receptionists hatch. It was firmly locked. At 0831 a receptionist appeared, opened the grill, grudgingly accepted my appointment letter and told me to "Take a seat" ~ I resumed my seated position on the same chair I had previously occupied. She shuffled files. At 0845 the EGC technician appeared and collected the small stack of files. I had by now been joined by those with an 0840 appointment and some with 0850 and even 0900 appointments. At 0850 I was summoned to the consulting room, asked to take a seat and the "paddle" connected to the computer was placed on my chest over the implant. The computer buzzed and clicked. several sheet of paper emerged, the technician stared at the screen and muttered. She then checked the sheets of paper, clipped them into my file and said "That's fine .... oh and I've done an upgrade but you won't notice any difference ~ see you in three months, we'll write you a letter telling you when to come in ~ Bye" and at 0900 I was back in my car  eeek:

I am none the wiser.  noooo:
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline Bar Wench

• Power Poster
Last time I had a hospital appointment I too had the first of the day at 8:30. I was eventually seen at 9:45!  noooo:

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
I have been to the hospital this morning. Outpatient appointment in the Cardiac Clinic to have my magic box downloaded and checked. My appointment was for 0830. I got there at 0825 and took a seat in the deserted waiting area and watched the grill over the receptionists hatch. It was firmly locked. At 0831 a receptionist appeared, opened the grill, grudgingly accepted my appointment letter and told me to "Take a seat" ~ I resumed my seated position on the same chair I had previously occupied. She shuffled files. At 0845 the EGC technician appeared and collected the small stack of files. I had by now been joined by those with an 0840 appointment and some with 0850 and even 0900 appointments. At 0850 I was summoned to the consulting room, asked to take a seat and the "paddle" connected to the computer was placed on my chest over the implant. The computer buzzed and clicked. several sheet of paper emerged, the technician stared at the screen and muttered. She then checked the sheets of paper, clipped them into my file and said "That's fine .... oh and I've done an upgrade but you won't notice any difference ~ see you in three months, we'll write you a letter telling you when to come in ~ Bye" and at 0900 I was back in my car  eeek:

That'll be SP3 then?  scared2:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster

shrugs: Still seems to be working. whistle:

Offline Bar Wench

• Power Poster

Vista upgrade!  scared2:

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
Dunno ~ could be Linux I s'pose or perhaps it now carries adverts to help pay for the NHS.  lol:

Offline Mrs TG

• Fool Member
  • Scouse and proud!!
Dunno ~ could be Linux I s'pose or perhaps it now carries adverts to help pay for the NHS.  lol:

Hope it dont have a virus in it, or crashes ooopppppsssss  cussing:
Listen to the whispers of your heart, for there resides your strength of spirit and the goodness of your soul.

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster

Hope it dont have a virus in it, or crashes ooopppppsssss  cussing:

Oh that makes me feel much better ~ thanks  evil: