Author Topic: Well ..... it's the day after  (Read 7457 times)

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
Re: Well ..... it's the day after
« Reply #45 on: May 26, 2008, 09:03:14 AM »
Why should that worry you I wonder?  rubschin:
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Online Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #46 on: May 26, 2008, 09:22:08 AM »
Why should that worry you I wonder?  rubschin:
whistle:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Landlady

• Fool Member
« Reply #47 on: May 26, 2008, 09:25:46 AM »
LL is here!  scared2:

Hello there my darling bar propping poppets  razz:

Yes LL is here and now ready to give you the alternate version of BM's story on THE WEDDING !!!

It all went fabulously and thank the heck that the weather was not like it is today (pouring water from the skies) and sunshine shone on us all  cloud9:

The bride was cool calm and collected throughout the day (which I didn't expect and had the 'calms' and 'rescue remedy' at the ready - plus the bubbly and G&T's too!) and she looked totally absolutely and amazingly beautiful  ;D

MOTB didn't do to bad either (I think) and accepted the administrations of the hired professional make up lady who slapped poly filler and other wonders on her mush to hid the ravages of previous years - even allowed myself to be talked into eye lash extensions so if I look like my other professions is street walking in some of the pics (when we receive them  ::)) remember it's not my fault!

MOTB also had a mild almost hyper ventilating panic attack on route to the Church (and me normally so refined and calm) because unknown to me my watch was 15 mins early - so whilst I was under the misapprehension that everything was running LATE in fact it wasn't (phew) and all attendees arrived on time (double and treble phew, phew, phew!!)

My Mother also managed to come to the Church, (we arranged a special taxi which would transport her in her wheelchair and one of the carers from the nursing home to travel with her) to see the young couple wed and I have to admit that when they arrived and I saw that Mum did realise that it was his great granddaughter being wed and she blew her a kiss it made me blub a bit  whistle:

The ceremony it's self was fab, the choir sang wonderfully, and even BM said what a great job and what a nice chap the vicar was (high praise from Bm who is let me say 'mildly' skeptically about all things godlike  ::))

The reception was in a wonderful venue and the staff had everything well and truly under control and things ran to the correct time scales. Pimm's on the lawn with many photo's, followed by a tasty sit down food fest and then THE SPEECHES............ BM was (and I don't think he will disagree with me on this point) bricking it up to the point the FOTB speech was announced BUT when he then stood up and started his speech he did just FANTASTICLLY  happ096 The right amount of humour (which received appropriate genuine laughs) sentiment and thank you's to those involved - I WAS VERY VERY PROUD OF HIM  worthy: worthy: The final additional bonus was the fact that the new wig glue worked fine too and now forward slippage of nylon into his eyes occurred  eyes:  

The only mishap (which I wasn't aware of until the very end of the event) was the red wine spillage onto the back of my very expensive MOTB dress - I can only hope that when we get back to CY and I take it to the dry cleaners it comes out, if not it will then become the most expensive dusting cloth BaldyMort has ever paid for  ::) ::)

Well that's the version of events from LL's viewpoint - was it expensive (oh yes, particularly if we add in the additional unexpected cost of the hire car £500 excess penalty for BM's ding ding and if the MOTB outfit re morphs as a duster  eeek:) but was it all worth it - as that stupid nodding insurance dog would say ................ OH YES!!!!!!!!!!

So signing off with love to all,
See you back in the bar Tuesday night I think , take care till then
MOTB xxxxxxxxx      

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #48 on: May 26, 2008, 09:29:54 AM »
 happy088 If the Mother of the Bride is happy then all is well.

Online Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #49 on: May 26, 2008, 09:30:26 AM »
cloud9:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Uncle Mort

• Power Poster
« Reply #50 on: May 26, 2008, 09:31:01 AM »
Excellent, never doubted it would all go well.

happ096

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #51 on: May 26, 2008, 09:34:49 AM »
What he said.

I am pleased for you all that it all went so well. ;D
I mostly despair

Offline Landlady

• Fool Member
« Reply #52 on: May 26, 2008, 09:35:22 AM »
Oh sorry there was just one other bit that I forgot ..........

The biological FOTB/ex husband of past 24 years also decided (told us this on the evening before the big day  evil:) to give a speech following BM's - personally I would have liked to have told him to **** right off and told him to shove any speech he had right where the sun didn't shine but both the bride and myself are better mannered than that - needless to say that whilst his whingy insincere and obviously taken straight off the internet for the most part speech didn't totally bomb it can very very close to it  happy001 happy001 happy001

My opinion of my AW (arsewipe) ex therefore remains the same.....................  cussing:

Online Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #53 on: May 26, 2008, 09:38:47 AM »
Oh sorry there was just one other bit that I forgot ..........

The biological FOTB/ex husband of past 24 years also decided (told us this on the evening before the big day  evil:) to give a speech following BM's - personally I would have liked to have told him to **** right off and told him to shove any speech he had right where the sun didn't shine but both the bride and myself are better mannered than that - needless to say that whilst his whingy insincere and obviously taken straight off the internet for the most part speech didn't totally bomb it can very very close to it  happy001 happy001 happy001

My opinion of my AW (arsewipe) ex therefore remains the same.....................  cussing:
Hahahahaha!  happy001

What a wanker tho… he even did the old joke about the bride’s credit card being stolen and the groom not reporting it ‘cos the thief was spending less than she was…  ::)

One great point was when a joke fell totally flat (I mean like this  tunble: ) his next line was “well enough of the comedy”.  point:

Tosser…  noooo:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #54 on: May 26, 2008, 09:46:35 AM »
I trust that as well as exercising his rights as FotB to make a speech he also made a substantial contribution to the costs ...................... No I thought not. Tsk!  noooo:

Online Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #55 on: May 26, 2008, 09:48:38 AM »
I trust that as well as exercising his rights as FotB to make a speech he also made a substantial contribution to the costs
happy001 happy001 happy001

Blood, stone, etc.  noooo:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #56 on: May 26, 2008, 09:49:30 AM »
I trust that as well as exercising his rights as FotB to make a speech he also made a substantial contribution to the costs
happy001 happy001 happy001

Blood, stone, etc.  noooo:

Send him a bill  eveilgrin:

Offline Nick

« Reply #57 on: May 26, 2008, 09:54:53 AM »
Any honeymoon disasters to report yet?
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Online Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #58 on: May 26, 2008, 10:02:40 AM »
Any honeymoon disasters to report yet?
Not yet...  noooo:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Nick

« Reply #59 on: May 26, 2008, 10:04:31 AM »
Only a matter of time.Somewhere sunny with snakes and spiders and stuff?
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile