Disgusterous

Author Topic: Well ..... it's the day after  (Read 7461 times)

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
Re: Well ..... it's the day after
« Reply #60 on: May 26, 2008, 10:05:29 AM »
Only a matter of time.Somewhere sunny with snakes and spiders and stuff?
Cornwall...  shrugs:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Nick

« Reply #61 on: May 26, 2008, 10:09:05 AM »
Wicker Man then noooo:
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
« Reply #62 on: May 26, 2008, 10:15:04 AM »
And Grumpmeister  scared2:
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline Mrs TG

• Fool Member
  • Scouse and proud!!
« Reply #63 on: May 26, 2008, 04:00:17 PM »
LL is here!  scared2:

Hello there my darling bar propping poppets  razz:

Yes LL is here and now ready to give you the alternate version of BM's story on THE WEDDING !!!

It all went fabulously and thank the heck that the weather was not like it is today (pouring water from the skies) and sunshine shone on us all  cloud9:

The bride was cool calm and collected throughout the day (which I didn't expect and had the 'calms' and 'rescue remedy' at the ready - plus the bubbly and G&T's too!) and she looked totally absolutely and amazingly beautiful  ;D

MOTB didn't do to bad either (I think) and accepted the administrations of the hired professional make up lady who slapped poly filler and other wonders on her mush to hid the ravages of previous years - even allowed myself to be talked into eye lash extensions so if I look like my other professions is street walking in some of the pics (when we receive them  ::)) remember it's not my fault!

MOTB also had a mild almost hyper ventilating panic attack on route to the Church (and me normally so refined and calm) because unknown to me my watch was 15 mins early - so whilst I was under the misapprehension that everything was running LATE in fact it wasn't (phew) and all attendees arrived on time (double and treble phew, phew, phew!!)

My Mother also managed to come to the Church, (we arranged a special taxi which would transport her in her wheelchair and one of the carers from the nursing home to travel with her) to see the young couple wed and I have to admit that when they arrived and I saw that Mum did realise that it was his great granddaughter being wed and she blew her a kiss it made me blub a bit  whistle:

The ceremony it's self was fab, the choir sang wonderfully, and even BM said what a great job and what a nice chap the vicar was (high praise from Bm who is let me say 'mildly' skeptically about all things godlike  ::))

The reception was in a wonderful venue and the staff had everything well and truly under control and things ran to the correct time scales. Pimm's on the lawn with many photo's, followed by a tasty sit down food fest and then THE SPEECHES............ BM was (and I don't think he will disagree with me on this point) bricking it up to the point the FOTB speech was announced BUT when he then stood up and started his speech he did just FANTASTICLLY  happ096 The right amount of humour (which received appropriate genuine laughs) sentiment and thank you's to those involved - I WAS VERY VERY PROUD OF HIM  worthy: worthy: The final additional bonus was the fact that the new wig glue worked fine too and now forward slippage of nylon into his eyes occurred  eyes:  

The only mishap (which I wasn't aware of until the very end of the event) was the red wine spillage onto the back of my very expensive MOTB dress - I can only hope that when we get back to CY and I take it to the dry cleaners it comes out, if not it will then become the most expensive dusting cloth BaldyMort has ever paid for  ::) ::)

Well that's the version of events from LL's viewpoint - was it expensive (oh yes, particularly if we add in the additional unexpected cost of the hire car £500 excess penalty for BM's ding ding and if the MOTB outfit re morphs as a duster  eeek:) but was it all worth it - as that stupid nodding insurance dog would say ................ OH YES!!!!!!!!!!

So signing off with love to all,
See you back in the bar Tuesday night I think , take care till then
MOTB xxxxxxxxx      

Thanks for that great account of your lovely day. whistle:

Can i ask you for hints an tips etc on weddings got my daughters in May 2010, so soon be looking for dresses etc

Her wedding gona be fun for the biological fotb, and Mr Tg the stepfather of the bride, wish it was Mr TG giving the speech as her dad sounds like yr ex
will be trying to crack old jokes/trying to be funny ha ha, even my daughter dreading that part!

Have to pm up some happy pics a girl loves to see the pretty pics  eyes:
Listen to the whispers of your heart, for there resides your strength of spirit and the goodness of your soul.

Offline Nick

« Reply #64 on: May 26, 2008, 05:10:03 PM »
Oh no.A 2 year countdown!! noooo:

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #65 on: May 26, 2008, 05:12:18 PM »
If, having decided to get married, why would anyone then wait two years?

Offline Mrs TG

• Fool Member
  • Scouse and proud!!
« Reply #66 on: May 26, 2008, 05:53:50 PM »
If, having decided to get married, why would anyone then wait two years?

They bought a house last yr, so they got to save up for it, being sensible. They been together for two yrs now, so whats another less than two going too matter, and to get their chosen venue there is long wait, and motb here is buying the dress, so i need time to save too, we not all got access to pots of money.

Also gives a lot of people good time to prepare and save as its in wales   a lot having to come far and wide and stay.

my daughter is only 23 too, so still young!

Many white weddings are booked in advance and up to the bride and Groom. so any more questions or sarcasm?  Angry9: thats it end of....  rubschin:

point: marry in haste repent at leisure, is always a good one to make you think, and i know a lot that have... cussing:

Listen to the whispers of your heart, for there resides your strength of spirit and the goodness of your soul.

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #67 on: May 26, 2008, 06:04:19 PM »
Keep your hair on ~ I only wondered why the wait.
Your answer now begs the question ~ Why bother?

NO! Don't tell me ~ just accept that some of us are old fashioned enough to assume that the cart follows the horse and without further information had no way of knowing that your daughter was already living with her intended.

Offline Mrs TG

• Fool Member
  • Scouse and proud!!
« Reply #68 on: May 26, 2008, 06:38:48 PM »
Keep your hair on ~ I only wondered why the wait.
Your answer now begs the question ~ Why bother?

NO! Don't tell me ~ just accept that some of us are old fashioned enough to assume that the cart follows the horse and without further information had no way of knowing that your daughter was already living with her intended.

yep they living together, not very good hey, oh well times move on, so they testing out the goods, well more sensible to get a house in this times of no1 being able to get on housing ladder, they where quite lucky, as a year on they may not have been able to do it...

well some want marriage some dont, they young and that, so let em enjoy there day.

countdown begins......23 months.. scared2:

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #69 on: May 26, 2008, 06:42:47 PM »
Well ~ let's hope it lasts that long. Now count down quietly eh? There's a love.

Offline Nick

« Reply #70 on: May 26, 2008, 07:15:30 PM »
See you in 22 months  eveilgrin:

Offline Mrs TG

• Fool Member
  • Scouse and proud!!
« Reply #71 on: May 26, 2008, 07:31:08 PM »
Well ~ let's hope it lasts that long. Now count down quietly eh? There's a love.

well there wont be much to say till it nearer time so fear not....and then i will just chat to the ladies..... whistle:

Offline Nick

« Reply #72 on: May 26, 2008, 08:02:51 PM »
Phew  ;)

Offline Just One More

• Power Poster
« Reply #73 on: May 27, 2008, 06:00:40 AM »
LL is here!  scared2:

Hello there my darling bar propping poppets  razz: ... because unknown to me my watch was 15 mins early - so whilst I was under the misapprehension that everything was running LATE in fact it wasn't (phew) and all attendees arrived on time (double and treble phew, phew, phew!!)

Nice account of the day LL, glad it all went well

Ref the bit above, nice work BM  ;)
LiFe - It's an "F" in lie

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #74 on: May 27, 2008, 06:29:15 AM »
They think it's all over - it is now!  cloud9:

In the lounge at T5 waiting for flight back home...

By the way Mrs TG - I can get hold of a nearly new wedding gown, MOTB outfit (slightly stained) and a FOTB speech for less than you could imagine...  whistle:
Pro Skub  Thumbs: