Author Topic: Well ..... it's the day after  (Read 7464 times)

Offline Mrs TG

• Fool Member
  • Scouse and proud!!
Re: Well ..... it's the day after
« Reply #75 on: May 27, 2008, 06:50:47 AM »
They think it's all over - it is now!  cloud9:

In the lounge at T5 waiting for flight back home...

By the way Mrs TG - I can get hold of a nearly new wedding gown, MOTB outfit (slightly stained) and a FOTB speech for less than you could imagine...  whistle:

Your so thoughtful Barman..... whistle:
Listen to the whispers of your heart, for there resides your strength of spirit and the goodness of your soul.

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
« Reply #76 on: May 27, 2008, 06:51:53 AM »
Don't you think it's about time you told your kitty avatar that his girlfriend seems to have got away?
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Online Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #77 on: May 27, 2008, 06:53:43 AM »
They think it's all over - it is now!  cloud9:

In the lounge at T5 waiting for flight back home...

By the way Mrs TG - I can get hold of a nearly new wedding gown, MOTB outfit (slightly stained) and a FOTB speech for less than you could imagine...  whistle:

Your so thoughtful Barman..... whistle:
No problem...  ;)
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Nick

« Reply #78 on: May 27, 2008, 07:43:25 AM »
Trouble is, it's all in his luggage. Liggage now in the bowels of T5 for a year or so noooo:
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Offline Bar Wench

• Power Poster
« Reply #79 on: May 27, 2008, 09:12:16 AM »
Sounds like a wonderful time was had by all! Although I still can't believe that BM threw wine down the back of LL's dress!  eeek:

Good job it was Saturday too! By far the best day of the weekend!

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
« Reply #80 on: May 27, 2008, 12:44:41 PM »
Can i ask you for hints an tips etc on weddings got my daughters in May 2010, so soon be looking for dresses etc
Her wedding gona be fun for the biological fotb, and Mr Tg the stepfather of the bride, wish it was Mr TG giving the speech as her dad sounds like yr ex
will be trying to crack old jokes/trying to be funny ha ha, even my daughter dreading that part!

My brother got married (again ) last month. He left his previous wife for my new sister in law - his new bride being 15 yrs younger than him  noooo:

Her father was paying for the wedding and they decided that just one day wouldn't do.  They hired a place for the whole weekend - family and close friends staying from Friday to Sunday evening, other guests - 120 in total, arriving on the Saturday for the actual ceremony.

Her parents had split and both remarried with new families. They do not get along.  eeek:

Her mum also has a big problem with my brother as she considers him too old for her daughter.  eeek:

My brother has a child from his previous marriage and my new sister in law hates kids especially when they remind her of his past relationship - she stayed with me in my room  eeek:

I had images of a scene from an Agatha Christie novel -  10 go to dinner only 9 finish etc - and then on the invitation for the weekend I saw something that really made me doubt the sanity of the human race. As a way of getting everyone to bond and to get to know each other they had organised a 'shooting' morning (there was a lot of country folk involved in this it has to be said). The invitation even advised that it was possible to store them at the venue if you wanted to bring your own guns eeek: eeek: eeek:

Scenes of a massacre entered my head -I politely declined the shooting match and stayed near the sanctuary of the swimming pool . The shooting went by without much incidence however inevitably the drink flowed later on and some of the individuals lost their tongues and had a bit of a controlled slanging match.

Who in their right mind would have ever considered this to be a good idea eeek:
« Last Edit: May 27, 2008, 12:49:13 PM by Miss Demeanor »
Skubber

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #81 on: May 27, 2008, 12:48:13 PM »
Ghastly!

Offline Bar Wench

• Power Poster
« Reply #82 on: May 27, 2008, 12:49:04 PM »
Hmmmm a shooting wedding.  rubschin:

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #83 on: May 27, 2008, 12:50:39 PM »

Give the Welsh a five minute start then we could hunt them down  eveilgrin:

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
« Reply #84 on: May 27, 2008, 12:50:54 PM »
This account was not meant to be inspirational Wenchy  lol:
Skubber

Offline Bar Wench

• Power Poster
« Reply #85 on: May 27, 2008, 12:51:39 PM »
This account was not meant to be inspirational Wenchy  lol:

Bugger! Had thought it might have been the answer to all my problems!

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #86 on: May 27, 2008, 12:53:41 PM »
It would! It would!  eveilgrin:

Offline Nick

« Reply #87 on: May 27, 2008, 01:38:45 PM »
Can i ask you for hints an tips etc on weddings got my daughters in May 2010, so soon be looking for dresses etc
Her wedding gona be fun for the biological fotb, and Mr Tg the stepfather of the bride, wish it was Mr TG giving the speech as her dad sounds like yr ex
will be trying to crack old jokes/trying to be funny ha ha, even my daughter dreading that part!

My brother got married (again ) last month. He left his previous wife for my new sister in law - his new bride being 15 yrs younger than him  noooo:

Her father was paying for the wedding and they decided that just one day wouldn't do.  They hired a place for the whole weekend - family and close friends staying from Friday to Sunday evening, other guests - 120 in total, arriving on the Saturday for the actual ceremony.

Her parents had split and both remarried with new families. They do not get along.  eeek:

Her mum also has a big problem with my brother as she considers him too old for her daughter.  eeek:

My brother has a child from his previous marriage and my new sister in law hates kids especially when they remind her of his past relationship - she stayed with me in my room  eeek:

I had images of a scene from an Agatha Christie novel -  10 go to dinner only 9 finish etc - and then on the invitation for the weekend I saw something that really made me doubt the sanity of the human race. As a way of getting everyone to bond and to get to know each other they had organised a 'shooting' morning (there was a lot of country folk involved in this it has to be said). The invitation even advised that it was possible to store them at the venue if you wanted to bring your own guns eeek: eeek: eeek:

Scenes of a massacre entered my head -I politely declined the shooting match and stayed near the sanctuary of the swimming pool . The shooting went by without much incidence however inevitably the drink flowed later on and some of the individuals lost their tongues and had a bit of a controlled slanging match.

Who in their right mind would have ever considered this to be a good idea eeek:

There is an entire film script in that!! lol: lol: lol:
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Online Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #88 on: May 27, 2008, 04:04:22 PM »
Trouble is, it's all in his luggage. Liggage now in the bowels of T5 for a year or so noooo:
We made it and got all the luggage back but T5 is huge!

Getting from the terminal to gate B32 involves a lift down about a trillion floors, a little train thing to another terminal area, escalators up another half-trillion floors and then a walk to the gate. Then the ‘plane is down another escalator and a five minute walk from there.

Quite honestly it is a shambles that such a new airport is so poorly laid out – there were families with young children who were really struggling as they’d had to check their pushchairs or whatever. Of course I didn’t offer to help.  noooo:

And if you have to catch a connecting flight from another terminal this new high tech giant gets you there… on a bus.

Still, managed to see a A380 as we took off!  eeek:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #89 on: May 27, 2008, 04:09:52 PM »
Is there another sort?
I mostly despair