Disgusterous

Author Topic: Compost  (Read 11123 times)

Offline Mrs TG

• Fool Member
  • Scouse and proud!!
Re: Compost
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2008, 01:24:03 PM »
If it is free and you have garden waste it is a good idea. If neither apply then it is not.
It take anything up to six months to create compost and you need to put only the right things into it. It requires an "acelerator" (ask at your garden centre) and some worm. Apart from that a good stir every couple of weeks and next year you will have compost for your garden or pot plants.
DO NOT PUT GRASS CUTTINGS INTO IT AS THEY JUST TURN TO SLIME.
Man pee works too...  whistle:

I was going to say that but then I remembered that Mr Wench is Welsh and thus a shortarse. Tho' I 'spose Wenchy could provide him with a box to stand on. whistle:

oooooo welshiscm...my welsh son in law to be is 6ft 3in so not that short i am very very short so TG says.. scared2:
« Last Edit: June 12, 2008, 01:25:55 PM by Mrs TG »
Listen to the whispers of your heart, for there resides your strength of spirit and the goodness of your soul.

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2008, 01:26:40 PM »
If it is free and you have garden waste it is a good idea. If neither apply then it is not.
It take anything up to six months to create compost and you need to put only the right things into it. It requires an "acelerator" (ask at your garden centre) and some worm. Apart from that a good stir every couple of weeks and next year you will have compost for your garden or pot plants.
DO NOT PUT GRASS CUTTINGS INTO IT AS THEY JUST TURN TO SLIME.
Man pee works too...  whistle:

I was going to say that but then I remembered that Mr Wench is Welsh and thus a shortarse. Tho' I 'spose Wenchy could provide him with a box to stand on. whistle:

oooooo welshiscm...my welsh son i law to be is 6f 3in so not that short i am very very short so TG says.. scared2:

P'raps his mam brought him on in a drainpipe ~ like they do leeks.
But Mr Wench is an acknowledged shortarse.
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline Nick

• Needs to get out more...
« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2008, 01:27:08 PM »
Maybe he just seems to be 6ft 3 then  rubschin:
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Offline Mrs TG

• Fool Member
  • Scouse and proud!!
« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2008, 01:29:39 PM »

so all you englishmen are not shortarsed too?
TG is only 4ft 9!  point:
Listen to the whispers of your heart, for there resides your strength of spirit and the goodness of your soul.

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2008, 01:30:43 PM »

eeek:

Best keep him away from Berek then.

Offline Nick

« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2008, 01:30:54 PM »
I am 6ft 2
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2008, 01:31:58 PM »
And I am only 6ft.

ice and a slice

« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2008, 01:33:06 PM »
Our council (same one as Wenchy) supplies them as well.

However they have stopped their "free" garden waste collection and now want you to cough up £35 for their plastic sacks which they will empty once a fortnight. They will only empty their sacks, so now lots of people will be driving to the dumps - very green!

So far there have not been many takers with many angry letters in the local papers.

In sunny Cyprus the binmen come twice a week and take EVERYTHING!!!  Even stuff not in the bin.... and you can leave the bin out the day before or have the lid ajar! cloud9:

It's such a joy after the ridiculous UK system.  Not that I wish to rub it in or anyfink. 8)

Just wait until the European Regs get to work on your sunny island.  eveilgrin:

Sigh!! ::)  I know, but they're gonna have a struggle with Mr Cypriot and his wife let me tell you.  They don't like change. It was very recent that the main form of transport stopped being donkeys.  Some of that charm is still here!

Offline Uncle Mort

• Power Poster
« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2008, 01:33:42 PM »
I am 6ft 2

text speak for 6 foot tall as well?

Offline Mrs TG

• Fool Member
  • Scouse and proud!!
« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2008, 01:34:07 PM »

eeek:

ooooppps i was meant to say wen he on knees...and do not go off thread please.... scared2:

he is over 6ft watever...i am the shortarse one... point:

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2008, 01:34:35 PM »

However they have stopped their "free" garden waste collection and now want you to cough up £35 for their plastic sacks which they will empty once a fortnight. They will only empty their sacks, so now lots of people will be driving to the dumps - very green!

So far there have not been many takers with many angry letters in the local papers.

In sunny Cyprus the binmen come twice a week and take EVERYTHING!!!  Even stuff not in the bin.... and you can leave the bin out the day before or have the lid ajar! cloud9:

It's such a joy after the ridiculous UK system.  Not that I wish to rub it in or anyfink. 8)

Sigh!! ::)  I know, but they're gonna have a struggle with Mr Cypriot and his wife let me tell you.  They don't like change. It was very recent that the main form of transport stopped being donkeys.  Some of that charm is still here!

By charm I take it you mean dung!

ice and a slice

« Reply #26 on: June 12, 2008, 01:34:46 PM »
You shrink with age don't you?  Snoops used to be 7 foot!

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #27 on: June 12, 2008, 01:35:16 PM »

eeek:

ooooppps i was meant to say wen he on knees...and do not go off thread please.... scared2:

he is over 6ft watever...i am the shortarse one... point:

We gather he spends a lot of time on his knees.

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #28 on: June 12, 2008, 01:35:53 PM »

Sigh!! ::)  I know, but they're gonna have a struggle with Mr Cypriot and his wife let me tell you.  They don't like change. It was very recent that the main form of transport stopped being donkeys.  Some of that charm is still here!
Have you got any water?  shrugs:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Mrs TG

• Fool Member
  • Scouse and proud!!
« Reply #29 on: June 12, 2008, 01:36:02 PM »

For some strange reason i cannot envisage BM on a donkey..but maybe it the safest transport for him... scared2: