Author Topic: Websites found while bored stoopid.  (Read 7162 times)

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
Re: Websites found while bored stoopid.
« Reply #45 on: June 28, 2008, 04:40:10 PM »
'Course you'll be able to pay your rent ~ if you can't the government will. Look on it as getting back a little of what you have paid in.

MMMM become a social security scrounger oh no! we prob get hardly sod all as we dont know how to play the system as they say!
our rent is 500 not sure if they would pay out that much, so we could be living in tents soon! or anyone got a spare room for us an three felines! eyes:

If you are entitled to assistance because of low income then you are not a social security scrounger ~ you are someone who is using their common sense to get back some of what you have paid in for. That's why it is called National Insurance. You pay in when you are working and claim against the insurance when you are not.  ::)
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline Mrs TG

• Fool Member
  • Scouse and proud!!
« Reply #46 on: June 28, 2008, 04:43:36 PM »
'Course you'll be able to pay your rent ~ if you can't the government will. Look on it as getting back a little of what you have paid in.

MMMM become a social security scrounger oh no! we prob get hardly sod all as we dont know how to play the system as they say!
our rent is 500 not sure if they would pay out that much, so we could be living in tents soon! or anyone got a spare room for us an three felines! eyes:

If you are entitled to assistance because of low income then you are not a social security scrounger ~ you are someone who is using their common sense to get back some of what you have paid in for. That's why it is called National Insurance. You pay in when you are working and claim against the insurance when you are not.  ::)

I Know what you mean, but cant see us getting anything much as we dont have any dependant sprogs now that seems to rake in the cash for some, that really pisses me off big time i tell you, and i still have my partime job an dignity!
Listen to the whispers of your heart, for there resides your strength of spirit and the goodness of your soul.

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #47 on: June 28, 2008, 04:44:07 PM »
Out of concern for a fellow man I offer this suggestion.

I have PM'd you too.

eeek:

Waddya mean  eeek: Have you never played cricket man?

Indeed I have. But they never issued them things in my day (when men were men etc).

The mind boggles...what would you lot put in em i am wondering or is just wishing!

I'm not even going to dignify that with a reply.  evil:

Thinking on it maybe TG could fill it ! eyes:

What ~ only one?  whistle:

Offline TG

• Fool Member
« Reply #48 on: June 30, 2008, 04:06:27 PM »
I have a job until the end of this week at least.

They have given us all a letter saying the 7 people (about 20% of the company) will be made redundant by Friday.

Until then the are 'consulting' with everyone regarding their jobs. They have also asked for volunteers.After much thought I am going to explore the possibilities of 'volunteering' when I go back in tomorrow.

If its favourable I may take the redundancy and look for a fresh start.

The MD and his wife (co - owners) were not there. Buying trip to China if you can believe that. Back next week when it is all over. Gutless fuckers. They left it to the other 3 directors to look us in the face.

I think my cat wants to kill me...

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #49 on: June 30, 2008, 04:13:10 PM »
Bloody hell! ~ Enquire about "favourable" terms if you volunteer. You may well be able to screw them for a lot more than the legal minimum if they think they can resolve their problems without a fuss.
Frankly I reckon that is indeed your best option because the place is doomed from the sound of it.

Offline TG

• Fool Member
« Reply #50 on: June 30, 2008, 04:20:51 PM »
Bloody hell! ~ Enquire about "favourable" terms if you volunteer. You may well be able to screw them for a lot more than the legal minimum if they think they can resolve their problems without a fuss.
Frankly I reckon that is indeed your best option because the place is doomed from the sound of it.

Knowing the company as I do the legal minimum is going to be it.

How well do you know Pontypridd?

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #51 on: June 30, 2008, 04:21:36 PM »
I have a job until the end of this week at least.

They have given us all a letter saying the 7 people (about 20% of the company) will be made redundant by Friday.

Until then the are 'consulting' with everyone regarding their jobs. They have also asked for volunteers.After much thought I am going to explore the possibilities of 'volunteering' when I go back in tomorrow.

If its favourable I may take the redundancy and look for a fresh start.

The MD and his wife (co - owners) were not there. Buying trip to China if you can believe that. Back next week when it is all over. Gutless fuckers. They left it to the other 3 directors to look us in the face.

Bad luck old chap.

Agree with Snoopy about the volunteering bit. It needs to be very much to your advantage and definitely still redundancy.
What ever you do, don't be persuaded to resign as that will mess things up if you want 'benefits'.
Only resign if you have a definite new job and a cash offer you can't refuse.

I mostly despair

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #52 on: June 30, 2008, 04:40:47 PM »

My Granny was born thereabouts ~ otherwise it is a sh*thole.
Work is a problem there ~ 'specially as I assume you don't speak Welsh..... but that applies to much of Wales unless you have a skill that they are in need of. Mostly call centres and civil service jobs in South Wales. In North Wales you are either a farmer or you travel to work in Manchester, Chester, Liverpool etc. There are a lot like me who don't actually work but "earn from home" as I explained in the earlier PM.

DS is right about the resigning bit. The Job Centre will not give you a penny until they calculate that your redundancy + holiday pay etc has been spent. The calculation they use is to divide it by your average pay (taken over the past three months) to arrive at the number of weeks that it should last you. So if you get £ 1000 redundancy and your average weekly wage was £100 they will tell you that you have enough money for 10 weeks. Of course that 10 weeks will not start until you have completed your "weaiting time" which used to be 6 weeks from the date you resigned so in fact your £1000 will have to last 16 weeks.

Back to what I said the other day .... get weaving on alternatives, no matter what they are. You are not looking ofr a career, you need a job, any job, to make sure you don't have to spend the redundancy. Stacking shelves at Tesco if necessary. Contact as many agencies as you can find and send your CV to all of them. Get busy on it tonight.

Offline Mrs TG

• Fool Member
  • Scouse and proud!!
« Reply #53 on: June 30, 2008, 06:09:19 PM »

My Granny was born thereabouts ~ otherwise it is a sh*thole.
Work is a problem there ~ 'specially as I assume you don't speak Welsh..... but that applies to much of Wales unless you have a skill that they are in need of. Mostly call centres and civil service jobs in South Wales. In North Wales you are either a farmer or you travel to work in Manchester, Chester, Liverpool etc. There are a lot like me who don't actually work but "earn from home" as I explained in the earlier PM.

DS is right about the resigning bit. The Job Centre will not give you a penny until they calculate that your redundancy + holiday pay etc has been spent. The calculation they use is to divide it by your average pay (taken over the past three months) to arrive at the number of weeks that it should last you. So if you get £ 1000 redundancy and your average weekly wage was £100 they will tell you that you have enough money for 10 weeks. Of course that 10 weeks will not start until you have completed your "weaiting time" which used to be 6 weeks from the date you resigned so in fact your £1000 will have to last 16 weeks.

Back to what I said the other day .... get weaving on alternatives, no matter what they are. You are not looking ofr a career, you need a job, any job, to make sure you don't have to spend the redundancy. Stacking shelves at Tesco if necessary. Contact as many agencies as you can find and send your CV to all of them. Get busy on it tonight.

Pontypridd (where i know as my son in law to be is from there)  been there a few times seems nice enough, but always some horrible places everywhere you go, there is even horror estate bout 5 mins from here but it doesent affect us really.

we are looking to relocate to around there probably nearer cardiff as that is where the jobs are, but depends on it the pay out is good enough,
we will see, as if we dont do it now will be in future but will happen as i want to live near my daughter an play a part in the life of my grankiddies to be... scared2:
Listen to the whispers of your heart, for there resides your strength of spirit and the goodness of your soul.

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #54 on: June 30, 2008, 06:17:45 PM »
You will do what you need to do.
All I am saying is that Ponty is not a good place for any Englishman seeking work, he is unlikely to be welcomed with open arms. Cardiff might be a possiblity but to work in any Council or Government job the ability to speak Welsh is virtually mandatory and there are very few jobs, other than call centres, that do not involve working for one authority or the other. Even the NHS insist that their non Welsh speaking staff attend Welsh lessons. The resentment from some Welsh people is very strong and they will do everything they can to let you know they don't want you there. There is a huge difference between how they treat you when you visit and they are taking money off you and the way they behave when you move in.
I wish you every luck with your planned move but don't expect it to be easy.

Offline Mrs TG

• Fool Member
  • Scouse and proud!!
« Reply #55 on: June 30, 2008, 06:45:42 PM »
You will do what you need to do.
All I am saying is that Ponty is not a good place for any Englishman seeking work, he is unlikely to be welcomed with open arms. Cardiff might be a possiblity but to work in any Council or Government job the ability to speak Welsh is virtually mandatory and there are very few jobs, other than call centres, that do not involve working for one authority or the other. Even the NHS insist that their non Welsh speaking staff attend Welsh lessons. The resentment from some Welsh people is very strong and they will do everything they can to let you know they don't want you there. There is a huge difference between how they treat you when you visit and they are taking money off you and the way they behave when you move in.
I wish you every luck with your planned move but don't expect it to be easy.

we will see, my daughter been there a year and besides the job problem she aint had any probs really, maybe they are a bit of that in some parts of wales or maybe north wales i think it depends what part you go too etc etc,

not sure what we are going to do etc but not stayin in leicester if tgs job goes thats a cert i tell you. sad24:

Offline TG

• Fool Member
« Reply #56 on: July 03, 2008, 10:30:59 AM »

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #57 on: July 03, 2008, 10:35:12 AM »
Anywho. Websites...

http://mirror.linnwood.org/flamethrower/  eeek:

He wants locking up for the public good and his own safety.

Anyway ~ a large can of hairspray and a ciggy lighter is quicker, cheaper, less effort and just as effective.

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #58 on: July 03, 2008, 11:17:08 AM »
I cant access the site as the firewall blocks it but I'm guessing its how to make a flamethrower?

If that is the case then combine that with this:

http://hackedgadgets.com/2006/11/16/home-built-robotic-sentry-gun/

And you can have one hell of an anti burglar device  eveilgrin:
The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.