Disgusterous

Author Topic: Dinner tonight  (Read 2202013 times)

Offline miss Tchevious

• Senior Moment
Re: Dinner tonight
« Reply #21945 on: March 12, 2013, 10:50:55 PM »
Tonight I'm gonna try making raviolis with an egg yolk filling so when you cut it open its all oozy like. Have made my pasta dough. Gonna have a glass of wiine before I try and get the egg yolks inside the raviolis. Will keep you updated.

Why...? Shrugs:

For me........... cloud9:

They were yumster,,,,,,,,,filling halloumi,breadcrumb,mint n soft egg yolk in pasta.......... :thumbsup:

Has she knocked all your teeth out?

Not yet, but the day is not over.

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #21946 on: March 12, 2013, 11:40:31 PM »
Tonight I'm gonna try making raviolis with an egg yolk filling so when you cut it open its all oozy like. Have made my pasta dough. Gonna have a glass of wiine before I try and get the egg yolks inside the raviolis. Will keep you updated.

Why...? Shrugs:

They were yumster,,,,,,,,,filling halloumi,breadcrumb,mint n soft egg yolk in pasta.......... :thumbsup:
Rescipe please
Well, whatever, nevermind

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #21947 on: March 12, 2013, 11:47:47 PM »
Italian with friends and we have one free wine voucher left  ;D

Strangely Mrs K is less keen to do the driving tnight
Well Mrs K did the drivelling, loads of it.

(Simply) Italian was closed (cos of the snow that's all melted) so we went cross country to the Wheel (good pub) and their kitchen was closed  Banghead Banghead Banghead so back cross country to the villahe Indian (not the man the restaurant) and stuffed ourseves  ;D

Offline miss Tchevious

• Senior Moment
« Reply #21948 on: March 13, 2013, 12:01:35 AM »

Why...? Shrugs:

Rescipe please

Ok, wow, this make take a while.

Make your pasta (do you need a recipe?) and roll it in sheets as thin as the machine will go, then get the rolling pin to it. I found the thinnest setting on the pasta maker doesn't get the dough thin enough. The trick is to cook the pasta well enough but not over do the yolk.

For the filling, blend a big lump of halloumi with about 2 tblsp of breadcrumbs and 2tblsp of dried mint. If you can mould the mixture so it sticks together that's right.

Cut the reeeeeeallly thin pasta into circles and put a tsp of filling in the middle. make a well out of the filling big enough for a yolk to sit in.

Separate a yolk from the white and gently place it in the little halloumi nest.

Now, the hard and most vital bit. Egg wash around the egg nest. Take a second pasta circle and gently sit it on top of the yolk.DONT press on the yolk. You need to now press the top sheet securely around the halloumi nest making sure there is no air trapped inside. Any air pockets will cook the yolk too quickly.

Place the raviolis gently into a pan of boiling chicken stock for about 4 mins. They should float to the top. Have a quick feel of the edge to see if the pasta is done. Take out with a slotted spoon, put on the plate, grate a bit of parmesan and add some black pepper. . . . . done.

Be warned, apc has a massive appetite and could only eat 3.

If you have any halloumi fillinig left, just make some halloumi ravioli. This is my favourite and it freezes well.  :thumbsup:

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #21949 on: March 13, 2013, 12:06:30 AM »
Much ta on behalf of Mrs K who has all sorts of pasta gadgets and loves all things Halloumi

Will have to use chicken substitute stock
« Last Edit: March 13, 2013, 12:10:55 AM by SteveK »

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #21950 on: March 13, 2013, 12:12:32 AM »
Much ta on behalf of Mrs K who has all sorts of pasta gadgets and loves all things Halloumi

Beef stock......... :thumbsup:

Offline miss Tchevious

• Senior Moment
« Reply #21951 on: March 13, 2013, 12:15:29 AM »

Veg stock is just as good. Oh and dont add any salt to anything cos the halloumi and veg stock are both salty.  :thumbsup:

I have some amaziing greek vegetarian recipes if you want some btw.

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #21952 on: March 13, 2013, 12:18:25 AM »
ta

may ask for them but will see how this one works for her first.  One at a time so it doean't get complecated

. . .
ha ha

Offline miss Tchevious

• Senior Moment
« Reply #21953 on: March 13, 2013, 12:24:46 AM »
ta

may ask for them but will see how this one works for her first.  One at a time so it doean't get complecated

. . .
ha ha

Well we have fucked up then, this is the hardest one I have done.

Its a thing called "green monday" next week which is the start of lent here. The Cypriots all go to the beach, cook shiit loads of bbq, drink and fly kite,s then don't eat any meat till our Easter ( about 5 weeks ) I am going to try it this year so will be coming up with some veggie recipes as the days go on. I shall inform you of the successful ones.  :thumbsup:

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #21954 on: March 13, 2013, 12:27:28 AM »
On Monday I will also drinks loads ,, eat meat......... :thumbsup:

and continue............. whistle:

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #21955 on: March 13, 2013, 07:53:06 AM »

Why...? Shrugs:

Has she knocked all your teeth out?

happy001
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Baldy

• Power Poster
« Reply #21956 on: March 13, 2013, 08:09:48 AM »
On Monday I will also drinks loads ,, eat meat......... :thumbsup:

and continue............. whistle:

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #21957 on: March 13, 2013, 10:23:18 AM »
. .Well we have fucked up then, this is the hardest one I have done.

Its a thing called "green monday" next week which is the start of lent here. The Cypriots all go to the beach, cook shiit loads of bbq, drink and fly kite,s then don't eat any meat till our Easter ( about 5 weeks ) I am going to try it this year so will be coming up with some veggie recipes as the days go on. I shall inform you of the successful ones.  :thumbsup:
trucked up????  Easter in 5 weeks???    I'm all confused:

Yes please on the successful ones.   Mrs K has now got man flu which may delay ravioli

Can you get Quorn in Cyprus?  Or is that seen as cheating?

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
« Reply #21958 on: March 13, 2013, 10:38:06 AM »
. .Well we have fucked up then, this is the hardest one I have done.

trucked up???? Easter in 5 weeks???    I'm all confused:

Yes please on the successful ones.   Mrs K has now got man flu which may delay ravioli

Can you get Quorn in Cyprus?  Or is that seen as cheating?

Easter = the original moveable feast.

To save further confusion the Greek Orthodox Church celebrates Easter on different dates to the UK and it is the GOC that rules in Cyprus.
UK Easter is March 29th to April 1st this year.
Cyprus Easter is 3rd to 6th May this year.
Next year (2014) both countries will share the same dates.

Our ex-pat friends tend to celebrate the local dates.
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #21959 on: March 13, 2013, 11:10:46 AM »
Ta

So Easter Monday all those unsold Creme Eggs get put on the first Sleazy Jet  to Cyprus.