Author Topic: Dinner tonight  (Read 2196196 times)

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
Re: Dinner tonight
« Reply #16590 on: December 02, 2011, 05:18:43 PM »
Oh yes .... Have you not noticed when phoning takeaways that the Chinese always say "You come ten minute". If you call the Indian takeaway they will invariably say "Ready about 15 to 20 minutes please". Pizza takeaway it's "Collect in ten minutes or we deliver in 20"

See how I neatly avoided the gutter there?

But yes ten minutes would be manageable ~ I'm not as nimble as I used to be.  whistle:
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline Nick

• Needs to get out more...
« Reply #16591 on: December 02, 2011, 05:26:05 PM »
I wonder what MIss D prefers rubschin: Something on the slow cooker praps with a bit of flame grill added on (no pans)
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #16592 on: December 02, 2011, 05:31:13 PM »
TBH pondering the delights of Miss D is more than I can take tonight.

Anywhooo back to dinner Salmon Fishcakes, Brown Rice with sweet and sour dip. Prolly some finely chopped "spring" onions scattered about the plate too.

Offline Pastis

• Power Poster
  • a continuing precarious position
« Reply #16593 on: December 02, 2011, 05:31:52 PM »
I invariably go for a delivery - parking's impossible and walking there and back would mean it's gone cold. The best local Indian is often 40 minutes to an hour but they usually do better than that - they're popular.
I have never had a delivery pizza although their mopeds seem to be buzzing around all the time. I once delivered Pizzas in the US a lifetime ago  eeek: . Frankie's Pizza Parlour in Chicago; Frankie insisted there were two of us in the car in case of trouble ... I think the driver actually had a gun in the glove compartment  eeek:
There's nothing quite like a pile of hot Pizza boxes on your lap of an evening  noooo:
Like the Buddhist said to the hot dog vendor...
"Make me one with everything"

Offline Nick

• Needs to get out more...
« Reply #16594 on: December 02, 2011, 05:33:09 PM »
I invariably go for a delivery - parking's impossible and walking there and back would mean it's gone cold. The best local Indian is often 40 minutes to an hour but they usually do better than that - they're popular.
I have never had a delivery pizza although their mopeds seem to be buzzing around all the time. I once delivered Pizzas in the US a lifetime ago  eeek: . Frankie's Pizza Parlour in Chicago; Frankie insisted there were two of us in the car in case of trouble ... I think the driver actually had a gun in the glove compartment  eeek:
There's nothing quite like a pile of hot Pizza boxes on your lap of an evening  noooo:
[/quote

Or a little Chinese  eyes:
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #16595 on: December 02, 2011, 05:41:06 PM »

The local Indian (in the village) really is shite but for some reason we keep going back. The best in the area is an hour's round trip in t'car so if I really want to use them I take an insulated picnic box and load their goodies into it. Always perfect by the time I get home and it stops the car from getting stunk out for weeks. It is worth the effort as there is always enough food for brekky/lunch the next day too.
BUT we get lazy and don't feel like cooking, nobody knows what they want and in desperation I end up at the local balti, knowing I will have the shits for days after.

Offline Pastis

• Power Poster
  • a continuing precarious position
« Reply #16596 on: December 02, 2011, 05:56:34 PM »
It's going to be a little Fried Duck  -  no Spoonerisms, please  -  Ken Hom stylee  cloud9:

Good plan with the insulated box  :thumbsup: . As you can imagine I'm spoilt for choice round here but boy, have their prices gone up this last year  eeek:
Like the Buddhist said to the hot dog vendor...
"Make me one with everything"

Offline Just One More

• Power Poster
« Reply #16597 on: December 02, 2011, 06:31:03 PM »
Oh yes .... Have you not noticed when phoning takeaways that the Chinese always say "You come ten minute". If you call the Indian takeaway they will invariably say "Ready about 15 to 20 minutes please". Pizza takeaway it's "Collect in ten minutes or we deliver in 20"

See how I neatly avoided the gutter there?

But yes ten minutes would be manageable ~ I'm not as nimble as I used to be.  whistle:

Chinese here is always "ten minute" I have four excellent injuns within ten minutes of here, all are 20 -25 minutes. The smell in the car on the way back is wonderful  cloud9: Bloody hell, now I'm hungry  Drool:
LiFe - It's an "F" in lie

Offline Tipsy Gipsy

• Power Poster
« Reply #16598 on: December 02, 2011, 08:19:37 PM »
Fried eggs on toast.... cos I was late home.  cloud9:
It's better than I ever even knew.  They say that the world was built for two.  Only worth living if somebody is loving you.  Baby now you do.

Offline Just One More

• Power Poster
« Reply #16599 on: December 02, 2011, 08:22:23 PM »
Beanz on toast, cos I can

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
« Reply #16600 on: December 02, 2011, 08:36:09 PM »
Scrambled egg on toast with marter sauce  :thumbsup:
Skubber

Offline Tipsy Gipsy

• Power Poster
« Reply #16601 on: December 02, 2011, 08:44:29 PM »

Well you will now.  happy001
It's better than I ever even knew.  They say that the world was built for two.  Only worth living if somebody is loving you.  Baby now you do.

Offline Just One More

• Power Poster
« Reply #16602 on: December 02, 2011, 09:04:46 PM »
Fried eggs on toast.... cos I was late home.  cloud9:

Scrambled egg on toast with marter sauce  :thumbsup:

Buy shares in Warburtons, Mothers Pride etc  :thumbsup:

Oh, and top marks to Miss D for using marter sauce  :thumbsup: and not "red" sauce  cussing:

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
« Reply #16603 on: December 02, 2011, 09:14:00 PM »
Oh noes ...I only have marter  sauce and HP of course  lol:
Skubber

Offline Pirate

• Senior Moment
« Reply #16604 on: December 02, 2011, 11:44:04 PM »
I shared a sausage sandwich with red sauce with the dog...