Disgusterous

Author Topic: Dinner tonight  (Read 2201770 times)

Offline miss Tchevious

• Senior Moment
Re: Dinner tonight
« Reply #17565 on: February 02, 2012, 06:35:29 PM »
all my measurements are rough. 500 ml of chicken stock, 3tblsp honey, 1 inch chunk of ginger finely chopped, 2 garlic cloves finely chopped, 2 tblsp of rice vinegar (if you dont have use 1tblsp of white wine vin or lemon juice). 3ish tblsp Dark soy sauce, half red chilli, 3tblsp brown sugar  Boil that for about 20 mins.

In large frying pan, heat sesame oil, add another inch chopped ginger,garlic and red chilli. sear off the ribs in this. Add 1tblsp of soy sauce and some brown sugar so the ribs are coated in a spicy glaze. add the ribs and all the bits to the sauce.

put all in caserole dish with lid on for one hour at 200. keep checking as some ribs stick out of the sauce, give them a poke and stir. then take off the lid and cook on 250 for 15 mins for sauce to reduce and ribs to get sticky.

Like I said measurements are rough as I dont follow recipes. taste as you go and you will know what to add. if its too sweet - more soya sauce, if its too sour - a little brown sugar etc.

Sound like a lot of work but ive just done it and its really not. kitchen smells yummy. shuold be eating in about half hour.

Offline miss Tchevious

• Senior Moment
« Reply #17566 on: February 02, 2012, 06:37:40 PM »
ooo, forgot. when you sear the ribs sprinkle with five spice. you can buy this but I make my own. got great easy recipe for that too if you want it hun.

Offline Just One More

• Power Poster
« Reply #17567 on: February 02, 2012, 06:40:20 PM »
Excellent  :thumbsup:  I shall be careful I don't get burnt when I give them a poke like  whistle:

How come the Chinese always say ten minute then  rubschin:
LiFe - It's an "F" in lie

Online Nick

• Needs to get out more...
« Reply #17568 on: February 02, 2012, 06:42:53 PM »
Dunno. Normally it's I cook long time sweety  Shrugs:
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Offline miss Tchevious

• Senior Moment
« Reply #17569 on: February 02, 2012, 07:50:10 PM »
Excellent  :thumbsup:  I shall be careful I don't get burnt when I give them a poke like  whistle:

How come the Chinese always say ten minute then  rubschin:

always be careful when poking.

Offline Just One More

• Power Poster
« Reply #17570 on: February 02, 2012, 07:57:07 PM »
Prawns in marter and chilli sauce with pasta
LiFe - It's an "F" in lie

Offline Pastis

• Power Poster
  • a continuing precarious position
Like the Buddhist said to the hot dog vendor...
"Make me one with everything"

Offline miss Tchevious

• Senior Moment
« Reply #17572 on: February 02, 2012, 09:11:29 PM »
all my measurements are rough. 500 ml of chicken stock, 3tblsp honey, 1 inch chunk of ginger finely chopped, 2 garlic cloves finely chopped, 2 tblsp of rice vinegar (if you dont have use 1tblsp of white wine vin or lemon juice). 3ish tblsp Dark soy sauce, half red chilli, 3tblsp brown sugar  Boil that for about 20 mins.

In large frying pan, heat sesame oil, add another inch chopped ginger,garlic and red chilli. sear off the ribs in this. Add 1tblsp of soy sauce and some brown sugar so the ribs are coated in a spicy glaze. add the ribs and all the bits to the sauce.

put all in caserole dish with lid on for one hour at 200. keep checking as some ribs stick out of the sauce, give them a poke and stir. then take off the lid and cook on 250 for 15 mins for sauce to reduce and ribs to get sticky.

Like I said measurements are rough as I dont follow recipes. taste as you go and you will know what to add. if its too sweet - more soya sauce, if its too sour - a little brown sugar etc.

Sound like a lot of work but ive just done it and its really not. kitchen smells yummy. shuold be eating in about half hour.

half way through cooking tonight I decided to have a bath so I turned down the oven and cooked for an extra hour. Do that, meat fell off the bones. ( have the hour bubble bath too  cloud9:)

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #17573 on: February 02, 2012, 09:18:13 PM »

half way through cooking tonight I decided to have a bath so I turned down the oven and cooked for an extra hour. Do that, meat fell off the bones. ( have the hour bubble bath too  cloud9:)

Wot was in the bath.......... eeek:

Offline miss Tchevious

• Senior Moment
« Reply #17574 on: February 02, 2012, 09:26:26 PM »
'twas a looong hot bath.....got worried when apc started throwing in carrots and onions and told me to simmer.... scared2:

Offline Pastis

• Power Poster
  • a continuing precarious position
« Reply #17575 on: February 03, 2012, 05:33:15 PM »
Butter basted, roast chicken breast, steamed veggies  cloud9:

That's 3 verbs; it better be good  :thumbsup:
Like the Buddhist said to the hot dog vendor...
"Make me one with everything"

Offline Tipsy Gipsy

• Power Poster
« Reply #17576 on: February 03, 2012, 06:54:27 PM »
Shared a Kebab n Chips with the Eldest.   cloud9: cloud9: cloud9:  From the chip shop not a layby.  ;D
It's better than I ever even knew.  They say that the world was built for two.  Only worth living if somebody is loving you.  Baby now you do.

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
« Reply #17577 on: February 03, 2012, 07:01:38 PM »
Chinese take away  :thumbsup:
Skubber

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #17578 on: February 03, 2012, 07:03:20 PM »

Offline Just One More

• Power Poster