Disgusterous

Author Topic: Dinner tonight  (Read 2204977 times)

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
Re: Dinner tonight
« Reply #21345 on: February 10, 2013, 10:51:41 AM »
Good

Dinner tonight for SWMBO was turkey lumps with poultry and liver sticks on the side.  Now the little sod wants a second helping.  Not sure what annoys me most, that the sodding cat will of course get it's way or that it all costs way over that 5p curry

A cat on curry, that would be reckless though

Some year ago (about 45 years ackchoooly) Lil Bruv worked for a well know supermarket chain as Department Manager (Butchery) and I called into his store to have a cuppa and catch up wiv him. He was unpacking stock that had come into his cold room that morning. Like all supermarkets buying was the responsibility of Head Office and the stores got what was sent to them without any say in it. He opened a box of "Chinese" rabbits. The corpses had no heads, skins or innards. He showed me them with the comment "When did you last see a rabbit whose front and back legs were damned near identical?"
 noooo: Most deffo cats!!!!
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #21346 on: February 10, 2013, 10:59:49 AM »
Good

Dinner tonight for SWMBO was turkey lumps with poultry and liver sticks on the side.  Now the little sod wants a second helping.  Not sure what annoys me most, that the sodding cat will of course get it's way or that it all costs way over that 5p curry

Some year ago (about 45 years ackchoooly) Lil Bruv worked for a well know supermarket chain as Department Manager (Butchery) and I called into his store to have a cuppa and catch up wiv him. He was unpacking stock that had come into his cold room that morning. Like all supermarkets buying was the responsibility of Head Office and the stores got what was sent to them without any say in it. He opened a box of "Chinese" rabbits. The corpses had no heads, skins or innards. He showed me them with the comment "When did you last see a rabbit whose front and back legs were damned near identical?"

Eeewww!  sick2:

Still, better than having the bastard things walking around the house....  eveilgrin:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #21347 on: February 10, 2013, 11:15:30 AM »
Good

Eeewww!  sick2:

Still, better than having the bastard things walking around the house....  eveilgrin:

+1  :thumbsup:  lol:

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #21348 on: February 10, 2013, 11:21:27 AM »
I'm just going for a mahossive Sundaylunchandcollapsoathon....  cloud9:

I may be some time...  redface:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #21349 on: February 10, 2013, 11:24:48 AM »
She of the 6 meals a day has just read all that, her little paw traces every word across the screen

So a quick distraction needed so I can post  happy001

Now who's going to pay for her therapy after reading Snoopy's Lil Bruv story.   That'd be me then
Well, whatever, nevermind

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #21350 on: February 10, 2013, 11:34:25 AM »
She of the 6 meals a day has just read all that, her little paw traces every word across the screen

Now who's going to pay for her therapy after reading Snoopy's Lil Bruv story.   That'd be me then

The Labrador has a similar trick ~ To get attention when any of us are on our laptops the b@st@rd walks up and rests his chin on the keyboard.

You end up with a line of ghghghghghghghghghghghghghghghghghghg and drool all over the keys  cussing:

This morning, when I logged on, I spotted a hoooge doggy nose print right in the middle of the screen  Angry9:

Therapy? I'll shoot the bugger if he does it again  censored:

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #21351 on: February 10, 2013, 11:41:05 AM »
BTW did you know that cat pee does destroy laptops (not this cat), and orange drink knocked out of your hand by cat (yes this one) does destroy keyboards?

I guess yes you all did

Well, whatever, nevermind

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #21352 on: February 10, 2013, 11:46:22 AM »
BTW did you know that cat pee does destroy laptops (not this cat), and orange drink knocked out of your hand by cat (yes this one) does destroy keyboards?

I guess yes you all did

Cat piss can (and has) destroyed all sorts of stuff!  cussing:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #21353 on: February 11, 2013, 12:41:54 PM »

The Labrador has a similar trick ~ To get attention when any of us are on our laptops the b@st@rd walks up and rests his chin on the keyboard.

You end up with a line of ghghghghghghghghghghghghghghghghghghg and drool all over the keys

Just like Nicks keyboard, but without the expense of a dog.
I mostly despair

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #21354 on: February 11, 2013, 02:36:26 PM »

I guess yes you all did

The beer in here........ whistle:

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #21355 on: February 11, 2013, 03:13:44 PM »

I guess yes you all did

The beer in here........ whistle:

evil:

I'm picking up my new brew pot from Limassol tomorrow - London Pride starts on Wednesday....  Thumbs:

Anyhooo... Ham, double-egg 'n' chips tonight....
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #21356 on: February 11, 2013, 03:58:28 PM »
Ooooooooo! I fancy that myself ~ Any chance of an invite or perhaps you could PM me a plateful.

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #21357 on: February 11, 2013, 04:15:32 PM »
Ooooooooo! I fancy that myself ~ Any chance of an invite or perhaps you could PM me a plateful.

Has been upgraded to gammon, double-egg 'n' chips due to impending 'best before' date.... ::)

You are more than welcome tho....  Thumbs:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline miss Tchevious

• Senior Moment
« Reply #21358 on: February 11, 2013, 04:20:09 PM »
Tonight I am making halloumi and chorizo ravioli with lemon butter sauce. From scratch.

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #21359 on: February 11, 2013, 04:22:23 PM »
Tonight I am making halloumi and chorizo ravioli with lemon butter sauce. From scratch.

Not gammon, egg 'n' chips tho is it.....  noooo:
Pro Skub  Thumbs: