Author Topic: Dinner tonight  (Read 2201977 times)

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
Re: Dinner tonight
« Reply #21975 on: March 13, 2013, 06:24:40 PM »
Pasta n meatballs ................all homemade......... cloud9:

Oi !  Out of my kitchen

Think the pasta machine is on the way out ............. noooo:

Where is she going?
I mostly despair

Offline Just One More

• Power Poster
« Reply #21976 on: March 13, 2013, 06:39:11 PM »
Pork stroganoff, mashed taters, carrots, swede and cabbage
LiFe - It's an "F" in lie

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #21977 on: March 13, 2013, 06:52:49 PM »

Oi !  Out of my kitchen

Where is she going?

That's the dishwasher.............. whistle:

Offline miss Tchevious

• Senior Moment
« Reply #21978 on: March 13, 2013, 08:19:58 PM »

Oi !  Out of my kitchen

Where is she going?

evil:

Anyhoo, the pasta machine will flatten the dough but I had to hand cut each bloody strand. yummy though.  cloud9:

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #21979 on: March 13, 2013, 08:48:54 PM »

Oi !  Out of my kitchen

Where is she going?

evil:

Anyhoo, the pasta machine will flatten the dough but I had to hand cut each bloody strand. yummy though.  cloud9:

Did Padlock Pockets 'buy' it...? ::)
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #21980 on: March 13, 2013, 08:50:52 PM »

Oi !  Out of my kitchen

Where is she going?

evil:

Oh noes , Miss T bought it for me as a present.................

select reverse and start back-peddling now.......... point:

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #21981 on: March 13, 2013, 08:54:15 PM »

Oi !  Out of my kitchen

Where is she going?

evil:

Oh noes , Miss T bought it for me as a present.................

select reverse and start back-peddling now.......... point:

eeek:

Did Padlock Pockets 'maintain' it...? ::)
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Marley's Ghost (Imbiber of Spirits)

• Fool Member
  • What a dead end job . .
« Reply #21982 on: March 14, 2013, 09:43:24 AM »
Tonight I'm gonna try making raviolis with an egg yolk filling so when you cut it open its all oozy like. Have made my pasta dough. Gonna have a glass of wiine before I try and get the egg yolks inside the raviolis. Will keep you updated.

Why...? Shrugs:

For me........... cloud9:

They were yumster,,,,,,,,,filling halloumi,breadcrumb,mint n soft egg yolk in pasta.......... :thumbsup:
Rescipe please

Ok, wow, this make take a while.

Make your pasta (do you need a recipe?) and roll it in sheets as thin as the machine will go, then get the rolling pin to it. I found the thinnest setting on the pasta maker doesn't get the dough thin enough. The trick is to cook the pasta well enough but not over do the yolk.

For the filling, blend a big lump of halloumi with about 2 tblsp of breadcrumbs and 2tblsp of dried mint. If you can mould the mixture so it sticks together that's right.

Cut the reeeeeeallly thin pasta into circles and put a tsp of filling in the middle. make a well out of the filling big enough for a yolk to sit in.

Separate a yolk from the white and gently place it in the little halloumi nest.

Now, the hard and most vital bit. Egg wash around the egg nest. Take a second pasta circle and gently sit it on top of the yolk.DONT press on the yolk. You need to now press the top sheet securely around the halloumi nest making sure there is no air trapped inside. Any air pockets will cook the yolk too quickly.

Place the raviolis gently into a pan of boiling chicken stock for about 4 mins. They should float to the top. Have a quick feel of the edge to see if the pasta is done. Take out with a slotted spoon, put on the plate, grate a bit of parmesan and add some black pepper. . . . . done.

Be warned, apc has a massive appetite and could only eat 3.

If you have any halloumi fillinig left, just make some halloumi ravioli. This is my favourite and it freezes well.  :thumbsup:

As an aside, if you want smaller raviolis, use quail's eggs, but, be extra careful with cooking times!
"Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end." 

Well, someone had to say it!

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #21983 on: March 14, 2013, 09:50:24 AM »
Tonight I'm gonna try making raviolis with an egg yolk filling so when you cut it open its all oozy like. Have made my pasta dough. Gonna have a glass of wiine before I try and get the egg yolks inside the raviolis. Will keep you updated.

Why...? Shrugs:

They were yumster,,,,,,,,,filling halloumi,breadcrumb,mint n soft egg yolk in pasta.......... :thumbsup:
Rescipe please

Make your pasta (do you need a recipe?) and roll it in sheets as thin as the machine will go, then get the rolling pin to it. I found the thinnest setting on the pasta maker doesn't get the dough thin enough. The trick is to cook the pasta well enough but not over do the yolk.

For the filling, blend a big lump of halloumi with about 2 tblsp of breadcrumbs and 2tblsp of dried mint. If you can mould the mixture so it sticks together that's right.

Cut the reeeeeeallly thin pasta into circles and put a tsp of filling in the middle. make a well out of the filling big enough for a yolk to sit in.

Now, the hard and most vital bit. Egg wash around the egg nest. Take a second pasta circle and gently sit it on top of the yolk.DONT press on the yolk. You need to now press the top sheet securely around the halloumi nest making sure there is no air trapped inside. Any air pockets will cook the yolk too quickly.

Place the raviolis gently into a pan of boiling chicken stock for about 4 mins. They should float to the top. Have a quick feel of the edge to see if the pasta is done. Take out with a slotted spoon, put on the plate, grate a bit of parmesan and add some black pepper. . . . . done.

If you have any halloumi fillinig left, just make some halloumi ravioli. This is my favourite and it freezes well.  :thumbsup:

As an aside, if you want smaller raviolis, use quail's eggs, but, be extra careful with cooking times!

Or make 'normal' size ones while looking through a magnifying glass!  Thumbs:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

• Fool Member
« Reply #21984 on: March 14, 2013, 10:12:20 AM »

Why...? Shrugs:

Rescipe please

HTF would that work? If you've got a big ravioli (using an hen's egg) and you then observe through a magnificating glass, surely it'll look even biggerer? Won't it?

I was all for making a smallittler ravioli not an ginorous one!
"Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end." 

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #21985 on: March 14, 2013, 10:26:28 AM »
. . .As an aside, if you want smaller raviolis, use quail's eggs, but, be extra careful with cooking times!
Ta for that, will pass it on
Well, whatever, nevermind

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #21986 on: March 14, 2013, 10:36:59 AM »

Why...? Shrugs:

Rescipe please

HTF would that work? If you've got a big ravioli (using an hen's egg) and you then observe through a magnificating glass, surely it'll look even biggerer? Won't it?

No... ::)

While you are looking through the magnifying glass you'll think you are making a normal one...

...but when you put it down you will discover you have made a teeny-tiny one!  Thumbs:

Simples.  cool14:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

• Fool Member
« Reply #21987 on: March 14, 2013, 12:24:49 PM »

Why...? Shrugs:

Rescipe please

No... ::)

While you are looking through the magnifying glass you'll think you are making a normal one...

...but when you put it down you will discover you have made a teeny-tiny one!  Thumbs:

Simples.  cool14:

. . . and how, pray, are you going to get an entire hen's egg yolk into a teeny-tiny raviolo?

Muppet!   Banghead

Offline miss Tchevious

• Senior Moment
« Reply #21988 on: March 14, 2013, 12:33:04 PM »
what have I started.  noooo:

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
« Reply #21989 on: March 14, 2013, 12:34:45 PM »
what have I started.  noooo:

noooo: Not sure Misty but I am now wondering about Duck Eggs.  whistle:
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.