Author Topic: What's the weather doing where you are?  (Read 1828960 times)

Offline Nick

• Needs to get out more...
Re: What's the weather doing where you are?
« Reply #6420 on: December 20, 2009, 08:19:00 AM »
Loads of snow
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
« Reply #6421 on: December 20, 2009, 08:19:24 AM »
Ice, Ice baby  8)
Skubber

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #6422 on: December 20, 2009, 08:20:42 AM »
Calm and reasonably mild....
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Nick

« Reply #6423 on: December 20, 2009, 08:22:14 AM »
Unlike Growler  whistle:

Offline Uncle Mort

• Power Poster
« Reply #6424 on: December 20, 2009, 09:12:00 AM »
A light snow fall overnight, probably the last for a while. Calm and cold, perfect for a stroll, might walk down to village for a paper.

Offline Nick

« Reply #6425 on: December 20, 2009, 09:15:02 AM »
Mort lives  cloud9:

Mort speaks  cloud9:

Mort drags me out of the bath  evil:

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #6426 on: December 20, 2009, 09:36:13 AM »
Mort lives  cloud9:

Mort speaks  cloud9:

Mort drags me out of the bath  evil:

rubschin:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Nick

« Reply #6427 on: December 20, 2009, 09:38:26 AM »
He waited cunningly till I was naked and wet and then phoned me  cussing: I fear I may have pew pneom a cold

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #6428 on: December 20, 2009, 09:40:16 AM »
He waited cunningly till I was naked and wet and then phoned me  cussing: I fear I may have pew pneom a cold

Naked... wet....
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
« Reply #6429 on: December 20, 2009, 09:46:42 AM »
Every year I tell my wife and her family that their fondness for leaving everything until the weekend before Christmas is foolish. Despite my having organised all presents to be taken to MiL's for onward distribution and having them ready two weeks ago the planned trip is for this coming Sunday. If the weather intervenes it is then too late to post anything .... they won't even send one another cards preferring this idea of dumping everything at MiL's for subsequent collection.

When I suggested that SWWLTBO should take the presents and cards two weeks ago when she last went over there the excuse was "I can't do that as the others (MiL, BiL and SiL) wil not have left OUR presents there yet for me to collect"
I replied, as I do every year that I am not interested what others may or may not do .... I just want to make sure that the gifts we have for them get there.

My attitude is deemed to be "unreasonable" and just me "trying to show them up".

This is utter bollix .... I am just trying to give them their fecking Christmas presents on time. I don't look for or expect presents in return, that is NOT why I give presents  Banghead

She/They cannot see that what they used to do when they all went "home" for Christmas in the 1980s when they were students and single newly arriveds in London is no longer appropriate when they are all fifty something grown-ups with other families to consider.

So once again I have been told how wrong I am and by the way can I use your Landrover in case the weather turns against us.

Nice plan Mrs S#2 .... leave me a day of worrying as you drive a Landrover on a 350 mile round trip in weather conditions that cause the AA to say "Don't drive unless you have to" .... She of course sees this as a journey that she MUST make. She is now relying on the fact that the Landrover will cope with the conditions ... It probably will ~ assuming the driver knows what they are doing and isn't an airheaded wumman who has only ever driven it once before (for ten minutes on a sunny day).

Forgive me for quoting myself but it is a reminder that I have spoken on the matter before.

SOoooooooooooooooo Today she decided will be the day. Gets kids up early, packs car, washes her hair, faffs about "Shall I? Shan't I?" and finally at 0815 they set off in me Landrover. I clean fires, relay them and fetch in logs for the day then go and run a bath. No sooner is my arse in the water that the phone rings ........... She has stopped 5 miles from home (this has taken 35 minutes?????? ::) ) because the car "smells funny" what should she do?

I remind her that she is the driver thus the decision is hers but if I were her I would contact the breakdown service that I pay to resolve such problems. "Remember the little blue and white card I gave you dear? The fecking number is on that" Banghead

Half an hour goes by so I ring the wummun, her mobile is engaged so I ring the THW who is sitting next to her. "Mum is phoning the breakdown service now" .......... "What has she been doing for the last half an hour?" .................. "Oh she thought she would drive to the roundabout and turn round there and come back home but she got worried just before the roundabout so we are in a layby and now she can't get it into gear" ................... "but the roundabout is five miles further on" .................... "I know but she couldn't turn round anywhere else" .................... "What was wrong with the filling station that she was nearly opposite when she called me?" .............. "Oh She didn't like to go in there to turn round because she thought they might think she was driving off without paying" Banghead Banghead Banghead
In a voice laden with sarcasm "Let me know what the breakdown people say and I'll come in her car to collect you all. I'll wait for the tow truck and you lot can either go on to Grandma's or return home in your mother's car"

Yes Growler ...... it sounds like the clutch has burned out to me too.

Phone just rang .... Local garage are sending a tow truck and will return them all home and then take the Landrover in to fix the clutch. Fortunately that is covered by the extended warranty (I think).

All utterly predictable ~ but would she listen  noooo:

Nick isn't the only one naked and wet when called to the phone and thus exceedingly pissed off.  cussing:
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline Nick

« Reply #6430 on: December 20, 2009, 09:49:53 AM »
What else can possibly go wrong?

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #6431 on: December 20, 2009, 09:50:30 AM »
The fecking wolf will have eaten Grandma before they get there  eveilgrin:

Offline Uncle Mort

• Power Poster
« Reply #6432 on: December 20, 2009, 10:00:12 AM »
Had a pleasant stroll down to village shop, crunchy underfoot. Cheery "good morning" to all I met.

Quite a few people warming up their cars, present run I suppose.

I wouldn't get out of bath to answer a phone.  noooo:

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #6433 on: December 20, 2009, 10:08:04 AM »
They are back and the diagnosis, from the garage, is that the clutch has indeed burned out  Banghead

Offline Nick

« Reply #6434 on: December 20, 2009, 10:10:58 AM »
Wimmin drivers  noooo: