Author Topic: What's the weather doing where you are?  (Read 1821997 times)

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
Re: What's the weather doing where you are?
« Reply #1650 on: January 04, 2009, 10:24:21 AM »
Very grey, overcast, cold and bleak here.
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline Just One More

• Power Poster
« Reply #1651 on: January 04, 2009, 10:28:24 AM »
Cloudy, still, minus six at the mo with an expected high of a massive plus 2. I'm off to watch my first game of rugby in 2009 this afternoon. Sod the bitter... Bovril and hot chocolate beckon
LiFe - It's an "F" in lie

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #1652 on: January 04, 2009, 10:37:49 AM »
Very grey, overcast, cold and bleak here.
Is 'me 'ill' visible from your kennel Snoops?  rubschin:

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #1653 on: January 04, 2009, 10:42:02 AM »
No ~ 'Fraid not ~ but then the top of the mountain that I live half way up keeps vanishing in the clouds anyway.
Fammau is sort of "round the corner" from us and even on a clear day we could not see it as there is a range of hills between us and it. We live between the estuary and the A55. Fammau is t'other side of the A55, through Cearwys to Afonwen and turn left on the Mold road.

Offline Just One More

• Power Poster
« Reply #1654 on: January 04, 2009, 03:43:16 PM »
Cloudy, still, minus six at the mo with an expected high of a massive plus 2. I'm off to watch my first game of rugby in 2009 this afternoon. Sod the bitter... Bovril and hot chocolate beckon

Kick off was due at 1400hr's, 1330hr's they did a pitch inspection and called it off, bloody wimps, when did a bit of frozen ground hurt anybody, I wouldn't mind, it was the army they were playing. Still, the full english brekkie wasn't bad

When I was a lad... whistle:
LiFe - It's an "F" in lie

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #1655 on: January 04, 2009, 03:50:18 PM »

Kick off was due at 1400hr's, 1330hr's they did a pitch inspection and called it off, bloody wimps, when did a bit of frozen ground hurt anybody, I wouldn't mind, it was the army they were playing. Still, the full english brekkie wasn't bad

I'm trying hard not to make a sarcastic comment about your age... really I am....  confused:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

grumpyoldsoldier

« Reply #1656 on: January 04, 2009, 07:36:46 PM »

Bloody wimps.. when I was a lad we even played under gunfire whistle:

grumpyoldsoldier

« Reply #1657 on: January 04, 2009, 07:38:39 PM »

I'm trying hard not to make a sarcastic comment about your age... really I am....  confused:
Older than bloody grass, when I joined the Army we didn't have numbers, we all knew each other.... TAXI!!!!!!!!!

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #1658 on: January 04, 2009, 08:07:22 PM »

Older than bloody grass, when I joined the Army we didn't have numbers, we all knew each other.... TAXI!!!!!!!!!

'Tis said around here that when I joined the RAF Centurion was a rank, not a tank. I would not say that is right but Pontius was still learning to fly.

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #1659 on: January 04, 2009, 08:09:04 PM »

'Tis said around here that when I joined the RAF Centurion was a rank, not a tank. I would not say that is right but Pontius was still learning to fly.
drumroll: Boom-Tish!
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

grumpyoldsoldier

« Reply #1660 on: January 04, 2009, 09:41:50 PM »

Bloody Bluejobs, uh! get some in, I have worn out more greatcoats than you have socks......

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #1661 on: January 05, 2009, 08:00:45 AM »
 lol:
Bloody Crap Hats are all the same ~ get lost going to the bogs and we had to go and find them.

Offline Bar Wench

• Power Poster
« Reply #1662 on: January 05, 2009, 08:45:59 AM »
SNOW!!!!!  eeek:

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #1663 on: January 05, 2009, 08:51:21 AM »
We have a lot of ice underfoot and the threat of -6 degs tonight ~ Brrrrrrr!

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #1664 on: January 05, 2009, 08:56:34 AM »
 whistle:
Pro Skub  Thumbs: