Disgusterous

Author Topic: What's the weather doing where you are?  (Read 1825491 times)

Offline Pirate

• Senior Moment
Re: What's the weather doing where you are?
« Reply #5475 on: November 07, 2009, 07:47:34 PM »
dark in Gloucester...but there appears to loads of shooting stars about, and a strange glow all around, and thunder  rubschin:

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #5476 on: November 07, 2009, 08:35:46 PM »
Gorgeous day today  cloud9:

Nearly finished my Christmas shopping.

By next weekend should be all done and dusted except for the few items I will order on line.

I am bathing in a sea of smugness  lol:

Oh bloody 'ell fire. Is it THAT time of year, yet again. ::)

I've been systematically drenched all day long today in a typical welsh forest succession of dismal and grey deluges. Covered in mud too. evil:

This time last week I was having an evening meal outside a restaurant on Marbella beach, watching the sunset and the full moon rise in tremperatures of an exceedingly pleasant 20c. cloud9:

Just a distant memory of seemingly 1 million years ago now. sad32:
« Last Edit: November 07, 2009, 08:37:21 PM by GROWLER »

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
« Reply #5477 on: November 07, 2009, 08:43:50 PM »
I thought you liked getting dirty though  rubschin:
Skubber

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #5478 on: November 07, 2009, 08:51:41 PM »
I thought you liked getting dirty though  rubschin:

I do, I do, but Growler jnr has been with me all day, and trying my patience to well over the normal and usual  limit, and the site I'm on was having to be shared with some some pretty damned gruff L.R owners club bash, who some of which didn't seem to take too well me being there.
Got stuck on some very slippy tree roots on a particulary hilly and potentially dangerous section too....with a 15 yr old gerl behind the wheel.  eeek: I nearly bailed out to leave her to it. lol:

I'm just a bit down today/all week. Post 'olly's blues I guess. Sign that it was a good 'un though I suppose. ;)
« Last Edit: November 07, 2009, 08:55:12 PM by GROWLER »

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
« Reply #5479 on: November 07, 2009, 08:58:09 PM »
But you're an honourable bear and wouldn't do that I'm sure   whistle:

Is it not officially L.R hunting season now ? .......round em up and shoot their tyres out  eveilgrin:
Skubber

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
« Reply #5480 on: November 07, 2009, 09:08:37 PM »
Post oliday blues are a bugger...you need to have something else to look forward to ...not matter how far away it is.

I have nothing on the horizon and it is a real downer  cry:  - although hopefully will be sorting out something for next year with some friends soon.
Skubber

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #5481 on: November 07, 2009, 09:11:40 PM »
But you're an honourable bear and wouldn't do that I'm sure   whistle:

Is it not officially L.R hunting season now ? .......round em up and shoot their tyres out  eveilgrin:

I'd swear he's turning into an oap wumman. Doin' me swede in he is. So so so so bloody pedantic and fussy about every last small detail. I could almost have pleasurably dug an 'ole and buried him in the forest today.  evil:

As for L.R. owner club types, well i have to be careful what I say, as a certain dog 'round 'ere owns one now,  scared2: but really, they are a unique breed amongst themselves....and they all look the flamin' same, gruff, dirty, unshaven or bearded, camoflauge wearing fat bellied slobs in the main, and they all wear those stoopid fluffy 'at's with ear flaps on the side.
Couldn't understand what most of them were sayin' tbh.

I think some of them took a dislike to me as I don't drive a Landy. They ARE generally very very possesive and loyal to the brand for some weird reason.
Nothing else should be allowed off road it seems, tossers. noooo:

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #5482 on: November 07, 2009, 09:21:46 PM »
Post oliday blues are a bugger...you need to have something else to look forward to ...not matter how far away it is.

I have nothing on the horizon and it is a real downer  cry:  - although hopefully will be sorting out something for next year with some friends soon.

I have though, that's what I can't understand.

T.G. live at the N.E.C. this coming Friday, pickin' me new van the following day, green laning in N.Wales the following Sunday around Bala  cloud9:, celebrations (hopefully) when Growler jnr passes his driving test on Mrs G's burfday the following Wednesday, out the following Sunday to watch some of me mates competing in a rally on Angelsey, and then off for a 4 day jaunt to Grizedale forest on Dec 3rd with some good mates, and then up me BIG 'ill (Snowdon) on the following monday with me Geeerman matey.

Yea, dull and boring in'it? lol:

I just need to shake meself up and be thankful, soft miserable shite I am. Banghead

As I said, I think it's just a combination of post 'olly's and the absolute dire weather we've been 'avin' up here since last Tuesday. Rains all day, then clear star filled sky every night.
Does me 'ed in.

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
« Reply #5483 on: November 07, 2009, 09:33:53 PM »
Bit of Christmas shopping ...that'll cheer you up  lol:

But seriously  - shite weather , moany kids and stuck up pratts are never a good combination  noooo:
Skubber

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #5484 on: November 07, 2009, 09:37:49 PM »
Bit of Christmas shopping ...that'll cheer you up  lol:

I've just gone all depressed again now. sad32:

Forecast is a bit better up here for the next few days, so me'ill will be calling me tomorrow. cloud9:

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #5485 on: November 08, 2009, 09:29:17 AM »
Anyhooo...

Was a beautiful day for walking around town yesterday...

Weather was great until we left the restaurant we'd retired to in Epsom and it pized.  evil:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
« Reply #5486 on: November 08, 2009, 09:35:13 AM »
You'll be taking the rain back to Cyprus with you I hope  whistle:
Skubber

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #5487 on: November 08, 2009, 10:04:27 AM »
Yet another grey and drizzly day 'ere.  ::)
 Stuff it, I'm headin' for me 'ills after anyway, waterproof clad like.

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
« Reply #5488 on: November 08, 2009, 10:29:40 AM »
Damp and dismal here too. Good luck on the hill.

As for LR owners ~ I quite agree. Round here most of them do at least farm so have some justification for owning them ~ unlike my BiL who drives a socking great Jeep and lives in Camberley ..... Chelsea Tractor territory as I keep telling him. Yep I got a small LR (Freelander 3 door) but that was for a purpose not least being the conveyance of a largish family around North Wales and the transportation of disabled persons kit (MiL's and to a lesser degree mine) I do not belong to any clubs nor will I so slag 'em off all you like.

PS Took the boys to a livestock market recently and got waved straight into the buyer and sellers car park where I was surrounded by at least 120 LRs of various colours, ages and sizes. I felt that I "belonged" at last  cloud9:
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #5489 on: November 08, 2009, 10:39:35 AM »
PS Took the boys to a livestock market recently and got waved straight into the buyer and sellers car park where I was surrounded by at least 120 LRs of various colours, ages and sizes. I felt that I "belonged" at last   cloud9:

You got the customary and essential unshaven look, dodgy headware, camoflauge kecks, overly fat pie gut, look at all other 4wd owners of differing marques with total and utter disdain, and swear constantly then?