Author Topic: What's the weather doing where you are?  (Read 1829985 times)

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
Re: What's the weather doing where you are?
« Reply #6720 on: January 01, 2010, 03:09:55 PM »
Just walked the dog... lovely, but about to turn nasty.... mark my werds like...  scared2:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #6721 on: January 01, 2010, 04:16:19 PM »
Unbelievable scenes up 'me ill' last night.  cloud9:

Footpath had disappeared to be replaced with monster snowdrifts. Crystal clear sky, monster huge full moon bathing everrything in an erie blue glow reflecting off the snow. It was almost like daylight. Really cold but unoticed tbh.
Lashings of hot choccy and Asda Smart Price crimbo cake once we reached the top.
Texted someone in here from up there but he never replied.  ::)
All I said was 'appy new year and that I appeared to be up me 'ill too. Nowt offensive like.

Midnight, and all of a sudden the place was heaving with well wishers and dogs with strange flashing lights strapped to their backs. Flares and fireworks set off and it was like a ruddy great carnival, not something I'd normally welcome up me 'ill but on this ocassion it was actually very and most satisfying to witness.
Me and young Growler jnr watched the surrounding hundreds of square miles over 360 degrees from Blackpool, the Peak District, the Cheshire Plains, down towards mid Wales and up to Snowdonia to the Irish sea, become a festival of flashing lights and colour as tens of thousands of fireworks were set off.  Absolutely awesome and breath taking.cloud9:

We struggled back down, slipping and  falling over regulary into the fluffy white surroundings but not giving a jot.
One of the most incredible sights, apart from the top of me 'ill being bathed in a virtual constant red glow from never ending flares, was when the Air Sea Rescue helicopter came over from the Cheshire direction.
He hovered overhead flashing his search light at the revellers 200' below for 30 seconds before vanishing back to presumably Angelsey

Yes, a bitterly cold night but probably the most unusual but best NYE celebration I've ever had.
I'm just sad it's all over but the memory will last forever.

Poetry Growler  happy088

That's the way to do it, I'm quite envious

Well thank you very much JOM. That is appreciated.
I tried to portray my observations and feeling of the night as it was indeed a sort of passionate occasion, you know, one of those events and moments in your life that somehow you just know will stick around in your memeory for as long as you live.
It was made all the sweeter by virtue of the fact that the young Bear cub exclaimed his delight for the trip up there, and thanked me profusely for giving him the opportunity to experience it.

I guess this is why I'm feeling the miserable Jan. 1st blues today now. Always the same after you've had a really great time I suppose.

All a bit off topic, but the weather did actually play a big part in it all, probably the likes of which will never be seen again at that time of the year at the change of the decade too.

Offline Just One More

• Power Poster
« Reply #6722 on: January 01, 2010, 04:20:09 PM »
Just walked the dog... lovely, but about to turn nasty.... mark my werds like...  scared2:

Have you thought of taking it to the vet then?
LiFe - It's an "F" in lie

Offline Nick

« Reply #6723 on: January 01, 2010, 04:30:18 PM »
Unbelievable scenes up 'me ill' last night.  cloud9:

Footpath had disappeared to be replaced with monster snowdrifts. Crystal clear sky, monster huge full moon bathing everrything in an erie blue glow reflecting off the snow. It was almost like daylight. Really cold but unoticed tbh.
Lashings of hot choccy and Asda Smart Price crimbo cake once we reached the top.
Texted someone in here from up there but he never replied.  ::)
All I said was 'appy new year and that I appeared to be up me 'ill too. Nowt offensive like.

Midnight, and all of a sudden the place was heaving with well wishers and dogs with strange flashing lights strapped to their backs. Flares and fireworks set off and it was like a ruddy great carnival, not something I'd normally welcome up me 'ill but on this ocassion it was actually very and most satisfying to witness.
Me and young Growler jnr watched the surrounding hundreds of square miles over 360 degrees from Blackpool, the Peak District, the Cheshire Plains, down towards mid Wales and up to Snowdonia to the Irish sea, become a festival of flashing lights and colour as tens of thousands of fireworks were set off.  Absolutely awesome and breath taking.cloud9:

We struggled back down, slipping and  falling over regulary into the fluffy white surroundings but not giving a jot.
One of the most incredible sights, apart from the top of me 'ill being bathed in a virtual constant red glow from never ending flares, was when the Air Sea Rescue helicopter came over from the Cheshire direction.
He hovered overhead flashing his search light at the revellers 200' below for 30 seconds before vanishing back to presumably Angelsey

Yes, a bitterly cold night but probably the most unusual but best NYE celebration I've ever had.
I'm just sad it's all over but the memory will last forever.

Poetry Growler  happy088

That's the way to do it, I'm quite envious

Well thank you very much JOM. That is appreciated.
I tried to portray my observations and feeling of the night as it was indeed a sort of passionate occasion, you know, one of those events and moments in your life that somehow you just know will stick around in your memeory for as long as you live.
It was made all the sweeter by virtue of the fact that the young Bear cub exclaimed his delight for the trip up there, and thanked me profusely for giving him the opportunity to experience it.

I guess this is why I'm feeling the miserable Jan. 1st blues today now. Always the same after you've had a really great time I suppose.

All a bit off topic, but the weather did actually play a big part in it all, probably the likes of which will never be seen again at that time of the year at the change of the decade too.

Did you wear a vest?
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #6724 on: January 01, 2010, 04:36:20 PM »
Yes, well a t shirt tbh.
 Any other so so interesting questions you'd like answered on the subject?  ::)

Took my mobby but really wish I hadn't bothered tbqatth.

Offline Nick

« Reply #6725 on: January 01, 2010, 04:38:31 PM »
 happy100 happy100 happy100

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #6726 on: January 01, 2010, 07:39:39 PM »

No, not the d- Oh, I don't know why I bother like...  noooo:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #6727 on: January 01, 2010, 07:48:06 PM »

It did read that way a bit BM, if you don't mind me saying so like?

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #6728 on: January 02, 2010, 06:35:44 AM »

It did read that way a bit BM, if you don't mind me saying so like?

Not you an all?  evil:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Nick

« Reply #6729 on: January 02, 2010, 07:59:44 AM »
Snow

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #6730 on: January 02, 2010, 08:35:54 AM »
Very light dusting in the proper climate I live in and thawing rapidly.
Actually quite warm this morning by comparison.  cloud9:

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
« Reply #6731 on: January 02, 2010, 08:44:11 AM »
Oh no ...cold and shivery down here at the moment
Skubber

Offline Just One More

• Power Poster
« Reply #6732 on: January 02, 2010, 09:36:34 AM »
Cold, bright, a beautiful day here

Unfortunately I should be up around Bicester about now heading up to visit family in Cheshire/Manchester. But dear mother rang to say it's been snowing heavily all a.m, and a quick check with the forecasters meant that my plans have been put off till next weekend.  C'est la vie  confused:
LiFe - It's an "F" in lie

Offline Nick

« Reply #6733 on: January 02, 2010, 09:38:45 AM »
Growler would beg to differ  whistle:

Sounds like yer mum is trying to put you off  whistle:

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #6734 on: January 02, 2010, 09:42:23 AM »
Warm (18) and sunny here - quite humid too....
Pro Skub  Thumbs: