Author Topic: What's the weather doing where you are?  (Read 1829276 times)

Online Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
Re: What's the weather doing where you are?
« Reply #15360 on: June 08, 2011, 11:52:47 AM »
Don't tell me you have bought the type that have to be screwed to the wall?  doh:

Far cheaper, easier to fit and leave no signs after the kiddies have gone to use the expanding type ...... take it from me mate the child will have outgrown the need for them in a year or so.

So all that expense and work for a two week visit once or twice a year?

They won't stop cats or dogs from getting up and down so will be utterly useless within two years or so and you will be removing them and having to fill the holes in the walls before a complete redecoration is demanded.  noooo:

Tell you what ~ I could sell you the  censored: Tee Shirt  ~ with the original stab wounds in the back of it!

Limited choice here (Cypriots prolly don't bother) and extortionate prices... but yes, I've got the screw-to-the-wall types...  cussing:

Both top and bottom complicated by banisters, doors, conduits and tiled skirting boards...  Banghead

I know ~ annoying ain't it!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Lindam-44428-Sure-Shut-Axis/dp/B001KC05PM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1307533694&sr=8-1  whistle:

They don't ship those to Cyprus - I checked!

Anyhooo... tis finished now, top and bottom...

Just have to assemble the cot next....  noooo:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
« Reply #15361 on: June 08, 2011, 12:08:15 PM »
Well done you ...... I shan't even gloat about the lack of availability in Cyprus 'cos you still have (i) Better weather (iii) Cheaper beer, wine, spirits and ciggies (iii) Rellies a long way away who only visit occasionally.

Taken all in all and despite your hard work and suffering recently you have never had it so good ~ lucky b@st@rd!

Ackchooly not even lucky since you worked hard to get where you are ~ so I'll just sit here freezing, whilst the rain lashes down and be envious.
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Online Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #15362 on: June 08, 2011, 12:56:36 PM »
Well done you ...... I shan't even gloat about the lack of availability in Cyprus 'cos you still have (i) Better weather (iii) Cheaper beer, wine, spirits and ciggies (iii) Rellies a long way away who only visit occasionally.

Taken all in all and despite your hard work and suffering recently you have never had it so good ~ lucky b@st@rd!

Ackchooly not even lucky since you worked hard to get where you are ~ so I'll just sit here freezing, whilst the rain lashes down and be envious.

;D

Cot finished too!
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #15363 on: June 08, 2011, 01:20:31 PM »

;D

Cot finished too!

So now you can start on the new shed to store it all in for the other 50 weeks of the year?   whistle:

Online Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #15364 on: June 08, 2011, 01:25:44 PM »

;D

Cot finished too!

So now you can start on the new shed to store it all in for the other 50 weeks of the year?   whistle:

Pretty much... It won't be going in me garage that's for sure!  cussing:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #15365 on: June 08, 2011, 01:28:35 PM »

;D

Cot finished too!

Let's hope that they have more kids or the whole shebang will be on ebay within 12 months.

Online Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #15366 on: June 08, 2011, 01:33:32 PM »

;D

Cot finished too!

Let's hope that they have more kids or the whole shebang will be on ebay within 12 months.

lol: lol: lol:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Miss Creant Commander of the picklement and baking BAb(Hons)

• Power Poster
  • I have a keen sense of stupidity!
« Reply #15367 on: June 08, 2011, 04:16:55 PM »
Thunder and lightening earlier, couple of showers bright and breezy evening.
I have always thought that the worst thing about drowning was having to call 'help!' You must look such a fool. It's put me against drowning.
J Basil Boothroyd

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #15368 on: June 08, 2011, 04:21:26 PM »
Fortunately the pub we are meeting at tomorrow has a roof on it and an outside eating area with hoooooge brollies (for those of us who smoke  whistle: )

Offline Miss Creant Commander of the picklement and baking BAb(Hons)

• Power Poster
  • I have a keen sense of stupidity!
« Reply #15369 on: June 08, 2011, 04:24:31 PM »
Most excellent. cloud9:
I have always thought that the worst thing about drowning was having to call 'help!' You must look such a fool. It's put me against drowning.
J Basil Boothroyd

Offline Just One More

• Power Poster
« Reply #15370 on: June 09, 2011, 05:36:58 AM »
Bright sunshine, blue skies and breezy. Weather-woman said it's going to be a "lively" day with thunder, lightening, showers and sunny spells. She doesn't know does she  rubschin:
LiFe - It's an "F" in lie

Online Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #15371 on: June 09, 2011, 06:13:59 AM »
 lol: lol: lol:

Bright 'n hot here...
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #15372 on: June 09, 2011, 06:15:07 AM »
We too have sunshine and blue skies. Still a bit nippy and the weather people say "Likelihood of sharp showers"

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #15373 on: June 09, 2011, 06:22:36 AM »
Going to be a hot one ..........

Offline Just One More

• Power Poster
« Reply #15374 on: June 10, 2011, 05:42:51 AM »
Bright sunshine. It sounds like the calm before the storm. Rain later and through the weekend. The festival goers at the Isle of Wight are gonna get very muddy

LiFe - It's an "F" in lie