Disgusterous

Author Topic: What's the weather doing where you are?  (Read 1831615 times)

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
Re: What's the weather doing where you are?
« Reply #21540 on: September 30, 2012, 11:45:15 AM »
Raining here but it is now some hours later than Growler's report ...... Ackchooly the weatherman said it would be showery by lunch time with high winds and rain to follow.
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #21541 on: September 30, 2012, 12:27:18 PM »
Raining here but it is now some hours later than Growler's report ...... Ackchooly the weatherman said it would be showery by lunch time with high winds and rain to follow.

Odd. Problee only approx 10 miles as the Tearadactyle   cloud9: flies, but still bright and wind hooley factor 7/10 'ere. confused:

Offline Just One More

• Power Poster
« Reply #21542 on: September 30, 2012, 12:58:25 PM »
Looks like the forecasters got it wrong here too. At 0700hr's they said it's nice and bright at the moment, but make the most of it as it will soon cloud over and bring rain. Seven hours on, and the sun is still shining

This doesn't bode well, we start Winter season at work tomorrow
LiFe - It's an "F" in lie

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #21543 on: September 30, 2012, 01:00:56 PM »
Scorchio here...

All the windmills are sunbathing...  ::)
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #21544 on: September 30, 2012, 01:03:30 PM »
Looks like the forecasters got it wrong here too. At 0700hr's they said it's nice and bright at the moment, but make the most of it as it will soon cloud over and bring rain. Seven hours on, and the sun is still shining

This doesn't bode well, we start Winter season at work tomorrow

You read that AOhelL link I did in here last night about the impending winter blast of snow ice storms and floods that's apparenlty coming our way later this week? eeek:
I assume you receive slightly more accurate info, so gizzus a clue you.

Offline Just One More

• Power Poster
« Reply #21545 on: September 30, 2012, 03:43:13 PM »
We receive a lot more detailed information, but sadly the accuracy is the same as you see in the various forecasts. I've been making decisions on winter action for 28 years now. In that time it has gone from making a decision on one county, then it became making a split decision on one county, it then developed into making five decisions covering eight counties because of the different climates, topography, ground conditions etc and this year using thermal mapping sees it being made on 33 different routes across the eight counties because of those same differing climates, topography, and ground conditions.

Going further forward, the Met office and other agencies have already broken those 33 routes into smaller sectors and in the background we can monitor if we needed or didn't need to do various sections and we can then decide on possibily doing it slightly different in the future

One thing I can assure all of is that we never take a chance on not doing it, I can honestly say I have never not salted to save money (a full run costs £30,000 - 40,000), but I can also say that I have salted when with hindsight I didn't need to, but I don't need anybodys death or serious injury on my mind

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #21546 on: September 30, 2012, 03:49:48 PM »
We receive a lot more detailed information, but sadly the accuracy is the same as you see in the various forecasts. I've been making decisions on winter action for 28 years now. In that time it has gone from making a decision on one county, then it became making a split decision on one county, it then developed into making five decisions covering eight counties because of the different climates, topography, ground conditions etc and this year using thermal mapping sees it being made on 33 different routes across the eight counties because of those same differing climates, topography, and ground conditions.

Going further forward, the Met office and other agencies have already broken those 33 routes into smaller sectors and in the background we can monitor if we needed or didn't need to do various sections and we can then decide on possibily doing it slightly different in the future

One thing I can assure all of is that we never take a chance on not doing it, I can honestly say I have never not salted to save money (a full run costs £30,000 - 40,000), but I can also say that I have salted when with hindsight I didn't need to, but I don't need anybodys death or serious injury on my mind

How is your Salt Barn like...?
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Just One More

• Power Poster
« Reply #21547 on: September 30, 2012, 03:54:11 PM »
All ten have been lovingly maintained over the summer and are fine. And construction on the "super-barn" commences soon  :thumbsup:

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #21548 on: September 30, 2012, 04:09:53 PM »
Never any worries about the chippy forgetting to put S&V on the rest rooms chips then ey? whistle:

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #21549 on: September 30, 2012, 04:25:11 PM »
Still hot...........

Offline Pastis

• Power Poster
  • a continuing precarious position
« Reply #21550 on: September 30, 2012, 05:04:04 PM »
Same here ... Oh no, that's the radiators  redface:
Like the Buddhist said to the hot dog vendor...
"Make me one with everything"

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
« Reply #21551 on: October 01, 2012, 06:11:05 AM »
It's dark, it's raining, it's Monday !
Lovely  noooo:
Skubber

Offline Just One More

• Power Poster
« Reply #21552 on: October 01, 2012, 06:35:26 AM »
Are you sat outside the front door?  rubschin:

Offline Miss Creant Commander of the picklement and baking BAb(Hons)

• Power Poster
  • I have a keen sense of stupidity!
« Reply #21553 on: October 01, 2012, 06:41:49 AM »
It's not raining and the sky is blue with only one or two grey clouds. Party001: Party001:

It rained most of yesterday I got very damp several times and any of you lads that show the slightest siign of of a snigger willl be sent straight to th naughty step.
I have always thought that the worst thing about drowning was having to call 'help!' You must look such a fool. It's put me against drowning.
J Basil Boothroyd

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #21554 on: October 01, 2012, 06:46:02 AM »
Hot 'n' sticky...
Pro Skub  Thumbs: