Author Topic: What's the weather doing where you are?  (Read 1826891 times)

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
Re: What's the weather doing where you are?
« Reply #23100 on: January 19, 2013, 10:44:24 AM »
Ditch water 'ere too.

Think I'll tackle 'me 'ill' today, providing the access road isn't completely blocked and gridlocked by day trippers slithering around with their overly excited screaming sproglets with bastard sledges and plastic sheets in grubby hands. Banghead

Road will probably be closed due to H&S 'precautions anyway. evil:

I see that bloke wot parked his 4X4 on Snowdon (TWICE!) claims to have done it as part of his "fifty things to do before I die".
Anywhoo he got 16 months in the slammer for "Dangerous Driving" and banned from driving for 3 years...... Twas on the Local News yesterday.
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline miss Tchevious

• Senior Moment
« Reply #23101 on: January 19, 2013, 10:48:50 AM »
Is Growler posting from prison?  rubschin:

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #23102 on: January 19, 2013, 10:56:29 AM »
Ditch water 'ere too.

Think I'll tackle 'me 'ill' today, providing the access road isn't completely blocked and gridlocked by day trippers slithering around with their overly excited screaming sproglets with bastard sledges and plastic sheets in grubby hands. Banghead

I see that bloke wot parked his 4X4 on Snowdon (TWICE!) claims to have done it as part of his "fifty things to do before I die".
Anywhoo he got 16 months in the slammer for "Dangerous Driving" and banned from driving for 3 years...... Twas on the Local News yesterday.

16 months in prison? eeek: noooo:

Unbloodybelievable. Shrugs:

Cuntry IS goosed.

Crazy thing to do granted, but slammer for it?
no no no no no no. that is bang out of order imo, as is the 3 year driving ban.

You watch (p'raps) some of these Raod Wars type programmes, and witness some PROPER dangerous driving, and what do they get? ::)

The only pewrson and life he was putting in danger was his own, raging balmpot.
Kinda like the guy for his blatant craziness I do. cloud9:
« Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 10:58:12 AM by GROWLER »

Offline miss Tchevious

• Senior Moment
« Reply #23103 on: January 19, 2013, 10:59:48 AM »
You should spend half an hour roadside over here. It's terrifying. I don't even drive anymore because it's so bad. Nobody does a bloody thing about it.  noooo:

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #23104 on: January 19, 2013, 11:04:18 AM »
Ditch water 'ere too.

16 months in prison? eeek: noooo:

Unbloodybelievable. Shrugs:

Cuntry IS goosed.

Crazy thing to do granted, but slammer for it?
no no no no no no. that is bang out of order imo, as is the 3 year driving ban.

You watch (p'raps) some of these Raod Wars type programmes, and witness some PROPER dangerous driving, and what do they get? ::)

The only pewrson and life he was putting in danger was his own, raging balmpot.
Kinda like the guy for his blatant craziness I do. cloud9:

Correction it was 22 months (memory not what it was ~ must be me age)

I rather think the fact that he did it twice and got lippy with the Judge was what got him the sentence. Saw him on the news ~ looks a bit of a twat to be honest.
Have a linky: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-north-west-wales-21087633

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #23105 on: January 19, 2013, 11:04:49 AM »
Did he ever disclose exactly what route he took up there to achieve this?

I know the Llanaberis path pretty well, and whilst the first half of it is quite do-able in a properly equipped off roader, the section after the half way halt is bloody tricky, even on foot it's a bit 'scrambly', and am therefore struggling to understand just how he managed it tbqh. rubschin:

The only logical way up there in a car would be to actually drive up the railway track, and I'm wondering if that is in fact what he did. rubschin:
That's the route I'm going to take anyways. :thumbsup:

Offline miss Tchevious

• Senior Moment
« Reply #23106 on: January 19, 2013, 11:08:23 AM »

I know the Llanaberis path pretty well, and whilst the first half of it is quite do-able in a properly equipped off roader, the section after the half way halt is bloody tricky, even on foot it's a bit 'scrambly', and am therefore struggling to understand just how he managed it tbqh. rubschin:

The only logical way up there in a car would be to actually drive up the railway track, and I'm wondering if that is in fact what he did. rubschin:

I promise to write to you in jail.  Thumbs:

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #23107 on: January 19, 2013, 11:10:09 AM »
"It was committed by you for your own selfish reasons and in complete disregard for the safety of others exercising their lawful right to enjoy Snowdon.

errrr, in the middle of the night? rubschin:

The only soft shite dim wit I've ever seen up there in the middle of the night is....errrrr, this one.....on a mountain bike. lol:

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #23108 on: January 19, 2013, 11:11:42 AM »

You'll see from the BBC report that he was accused of (but denied) causing damage to the railway track so I suspect that was the route he took.

As for the sentence ~ as ever it is not what you do but how much you cost the public purse that will earn you months in prison and they certainly managed to rack up costs trying to find him as well as repairing the alleged damage. Moral here is "Never piss off the Judge"  noooo:

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #23109 on: January 19, 2013, 11:15:54 AM »

You'll see from the BBC report that he was accused of (but denied) causing damage to the railway track so I suspect that was the route he took.

As for the sentence ~ as ever it is not what you do but how much you cost the public purse that will earn you months in prison and they certainly managed to rack up costs trying to find him as well as repairing the alleged damage. Moral here is "Never piss off the Judge"  noooo:

I went up there not long after he drove up there...the car was still at the top covered in blue DO NOT TOUCH OR WE'LL TAZER YOU rozzer tape, and can't say that I saw any damage to the track.
Bit of over zealous reporting i suspect, for a change like.

Didn't like the suicide note bit, causing the deployment of the rescue services. evil:
 He got what he deserved on that count. :thumbsup:

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #23110 on: January 19, 2013, 11:20:46 AM »
I did say he looked a bit of a twat. Getting cocky with the courts is never a wise move.

Still the only cocky he'll be feeling for the next year will be Big Bubba's, in the shower block.  eeek:

Offline miss Tchevious

• Senior Moment
« Reply #23111 on: January 19, 2013, 11:26:50 AM »
 happy001 happy001 happy001

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #23112 on: January 19, 2013, 11:59:17 AM »
Big sunnio.......... 8)

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #23113 on: January 19, 2013, 12:05:15 PM »
Big sunnio.......... 8)

No. BIG BUBBA!

LMCO lol:

Offline miss Tchevious

• Senior Moment
« Reply #23114 on: January 19, 2013, 12:57:29 PM »
 happy002 happy002 happy002