Author Topic: What's the weather doing where you are?  (Read 1823088 times)

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
Re: What's the weather doing where you are?
« Reply #24015 on: March 12, 2013, 12:02:22 AM »
Yep send Barman our snow and West Sussex county council who it seems though gritting was for other people to do

Over 8 hours to get back from Somerset, most of it stuck in the land of we can't be arsed to grit.  evil: evil: evil:
Well, whatever, nevermind

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #24016 on: March 12, 2013, 12:43:28 AM »
No , if we want snow... a drive to the mountains ........ :thumbsup:

Offline Just One More

• Power Poster
« Reply #24017 on: March 12, 2013, 05:50:48 AM »
Yep send Barman our snow and West Sussex county council who it seems though gritting was for other people to do

Over 8 hours to get back from Somerset, most of it stuck in the land of we can't be arsed to grit.  evil: evil: evil:

But Wiltshire, Hampshire, Dorset, Ssurrey were all OK   angel1 (Depending on which route you went)
LiFe - It's an "F" in lie

Online Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #24018 on: March 12, 2013, 05:58:51 AM »
Warm & overcast here....
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Just One More

• Power Poster
« Reply #24019 on: March 12, 2013, 06:05:40 AM »

Oh dear, just watching the reports from the M23/A23. Seems you were one of the "lucky" ones, some stuck for over ten hours and still there  noooo:

Offline Miss Creant Commander of the picklement and baking BAb(Hons)

• Power Poster
  • I have a keen sense of stupidity!
« Reply #24020 on: March 12, 2013, 07:28:17 AM »
Bright blue skies and sunny here. Smattering of snow on the ground but very cold.
I have always thought that the worst thing about drowning was having to call 'help!' You must look such a fool. It's put me against drowning.
J Basil Boothroyd

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #24021 on: March 12, 2013, 09:18:17 AM »

Oh dear, just watching the reports from the M23/A23. Seems you were one of the "lucky" ones, some stuck for over ten hours and still there  noooo:
Indeed, always have a 4x4.  Meant we could divert onto minor roads.

You almost have to admire the sheer top grade feckwitery of councils.  Faced with a forecast of shit weather

Online Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #24022 on: March 12, 2013, 09:19:50 AM »

You almost have to admire the sheer top grade feckwitery of councils.  Faced with a forecast of shit weather

Were you allowed to drive...?  whistle:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #24023 on: March 12, 2013, 09:27:44 AM »
. . .Were you allowed to drive...?  whistle:

Well first of all let me complete the pot after CWMBO walked all over keyboard and submitted it arf done

. . . . You almost have to admire the sheer top grade feckwitery of councils.  Faced with a forecast of shit weather at 4pm and the certainty of a rush hour they freely admit they decided to send gritters out at 8pm.  And then moan the gritters couldn't get through. 

right you asked

Yes but didn't.  I was/am too lurged and Mrs K is very good at snow driving.  The car (X-Trail)was awesome. :thumbsup:

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
« Reply #24024 on: March 12, 2013, 09:31:51 AM »

I was far more annoyed by the idiot and his wife who decided that, despite all the warnings given out yesterday, they would choose last evening to drive 45 minutes to "Go out for a meal" and got stuck overnight in their car....... As reported on the "Today" programme. ..... Now THAT is fuckwittery of the highest order.
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline Just One More

• Power Poster
« Reply #24025 on: March 12, 2013, 10:48:48 AM »

Well first of all let me complete the pot after CWMBO walked all over keyboard and submitted it arf done

. . . . You almost have to admire the sheer top grade feckwitery of councils.  Faced with a forecast of shit weather at 4pm and the certainty of a rush hour they freely admit they decided to send gritters out at 8pm.  And then moan the gritters couldn't get through.

right you asked

Yes but didn't.  I was/am too lurged and Mrs K is very good at snow driving.  The car (X-Trail)was awesome. :thumbsup:

The thing is, that was the county council. From what I could see, the problem was the M23/A23 which are Highways Agency routes, and on TV they were reporting that traffic was being diverted onto the county roads which appeared to be running.  rubschin:

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #24026 on: March 12, 2013, 11:06:31 AM »
Aha I stand corrected - ta. 

So what were the fools at the Highways agency doing at 3pm.   Playing Mornington Crescent?

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #24027 on: March 12, 2013, 11:43:12 AM »
Warm but cloudy.......

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #24028 on: March 12, 2013, 11:51:57 AM »
Bright sunshine horizon to horizon.  Snow blindness beckons

Online Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #24029 on: March 12, 2013, 12:11:50 PM »
Warm but cloudy.......

^^^ wot he said ^^^
Pro Skub  Thumbs: