Disgusterous

Author Topic: NHS offers more help to die with dignity at home  (Read 2514 times)

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
NHS offers more help to die with dignity at home
« on: July 17, 2008, 12:07:45 PM »
Well let's start with this self satified twat then:

I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline Mrs TG

• Fool Member
  • Scouse and proud!!
Re: NHS offers more help to die with dignity at home
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2008, 01:51:46 PM »
Well let's start with this self satified twat then:

so whats this about then?
Listen to the whispers of your heart, for there resides your strength of spirit and the goodness of your soul.

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2008, 02:18:07 PM »
Ex postman now running the NHS ~ name of Alan Johnson MP Minister of State for Health

He was a twat when I knew him in his Post office days and he is a twat now.

Since he is advocating helping people to die at home rather than in hospital (and coincidently save the NHS a lot of money by doing so) I was merely suggesting that we might assist him as a trial run like  whistle:

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2008, 03:59:26 PM »
Ex postman now running the NHS ~ name of Alan Johnson MP Minister of State for Health

Since he is advocating helping people to die at home rather than in hospital (and coincidently save the NHS a lot of money by doing so) I was merely suggesting that we might assist him as a trial run like  whistle:
Hang him like...  rubschin:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Uncle Mort

• Power Poster
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2008, 04:02:26 PM »

At home?

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2008, 04:06:02 PM »

At home?
Yes...
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Nick

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2008, 07:28:10 PM »
He wants to succeed Gordo!

Let us trash him!
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2008, 06:08:17 PM »
Having sadi that there is a part of me that thinks it isnt that bad an idea. Think about it, you are on your last legs and you have the choice of passing away at home or in a hospital where the staff are underpaid and overworked, the cleanliness is suspect because the trust have had to tender the cleaning contract to the lowest bidding company due to budget constraints and the less said about the food the better.

Where would you choose?
The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2008, 06:13:48 PM »
Yes you are right. I think I would like to inflict the trauma of my last hours on my small children, have my wife widow clean up the mess (You of all people should know that death is a messy business) and then sleep in the marital bed in which I breathed my last. It would be really considerate of me to insist that I should die at home so that the children could enjoy the spectacle of undertakers coming round to collect the corpse of their father. Who knows I may even manage a last merry quip to leave them laughing or a few well chosen words of wisdom to ensure my place in history. What pleasant and happy memories to leave them all.  ::)

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2008, 06:55:11 PM »
I did say only a part of me thought it wasnt that bad an idea Snoop. My point of view is coloured by having to say goodbye to a close friend on a hospital ward and that experience was horrific. 
The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2008, 08:01:24 AM »
Given a free choice I would like to travel back to my beloved Hampshire and quietly pass away in some leafy bower close to the Basingstoke Canal. Bit in the style reputed to be as elephants do when they feel their time is right. It is where I came from and where I would like to rest but it is unlikely to happen that way. noooo:

Offline Bar Wench

• Power Poster
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2008, 12:05:22 PM »
Yes you are right. I think I would like to inflict the trauma of my last hours on my small children, have my wife widow clean up the mess (You of all people should know that death is a messy business) and then sleep in the marital bed in which I breathed my last. It would be really considerate of me to insist that I should die at home so that the children could enjoy the spectacle of undertakers coming round to collect the corpse of their father. Who knows I may even manage a last merry quip to leave them laughing or a few well chosen words of wisdom to ensure my place in history. What pleasant and happy memories to leave them all.  ::)

Honestly it isn't as bad as all that. We had my Dad at home for what we thought would be days and turned into just over four weeks. We wouldn't have had it any other way.

The undertaker thing was a bit grizzley though. Mother and Brother Wench sat outside on the terrace and I dealt with that bit.

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2008, 12:23:54 PM »
And like my children you were what ~ 10 or perhaps 7 years old?  noooo:

Offline Bar Wench

• Power Poster
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2008, 12:27:28 PM »
And like my children you were what ~ 10 or perhaps 7 years old?  noooo:

True, we weren't, but in all honesty I think it would have been the same even if we were. In fact they did with Grandpa when we were that age.

Offline Nick

« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2008, 01:54:03 PM »
I am with Snoops.I have a favourite place and, like an elephant, I would go there. Still messy. My FiL chose to die at home and it was awful. Mymother died alone in bed suddenly at home and my father died in hospital. It is not nice. Oh, I dunno. It only happens once. What feels right at time. And who gets a vote?
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile