Author Topic: The Olympics  (Read 40560 times)

Online Nick

• Needs to get out more...
Re: The Olympics
« Reply #105 on: August 11, 2008, 12:31:23 PM »
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #106 on: August 11, 2008, 12:31:58 PM »
except for Donna
...who has a Scottish twat...  whistle:

Well, it took 7 pages for the Olympics thread to hit the gutter. We are getting better.  happy088
Or worse...?  rubschin:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
« Reply #107 on: August 11, 2008, 12:42:37 PM »
Britain's Andy Murray went down 6-7 (5/7) 4-6 in a shock first-round defeat by Chinese Taipei's Lu Yen-Hsun in the men's singles at the Beijing Olympics.

happy001 happy001 happy001
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #108 on: August 11, 2008, 12:44:35 PM »
Britain's Andy Murray went down 6-7 (5/7) 4-6 in a shock first-round defeat by Chinese Taipei's Lu Yen-Hsun in the men's singles at the Beijing Olympics.

happy001 happy001 happy001
Back on topic... well done Snoopy lad...  happy088
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Berek

« Reply #109 on: August 11, 2008, 12:46:12 PM »

just after the miserable bastard said he'd easily get through  point: point:

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #110 on: August 11, 2008, 12:47:50 PM »

just after the miserable bastard said he'd easily get through  point: point:
What a twat...  noooo:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #111 on: August 11, 2008, 12:54:05 PM »
What a Scottish twat ~  whistle:

This is going round in circles methinks.

Offline TG

• Fool Member
« Reply #112 on: August 11, 2008, 12:55:01 PM »
Out the gutter though.   happy088
I think my cat wants to kill me...

Online Nick

« Reply #113 on: August 11, 2008, 01:03:44 PM »
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #114 on: August 11, 2008, 04:12:33 PM »
One for 2012 or our medal hopes for 2008?

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #115 on: August 11, 2008, 05:33:17 PM »
Twat.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/olympics/tennis/7553989.stm

noooo:
My money could be safe on two golds couldn't it...?  whistle:

NoNoNo.

There are all them blokes in boats like innit?

immigrants?

And them blokes wot beat the crap out of each other &c.

We have chavs on the team?  eeek:

And..erm...

Loads more to come. Keep the faith, or find it. Whichever.  whistle:

Maybe the blokes who beat the cr@p out of each other will mog the medal winners from the other countries. Hey Presto Team GB comes back with a bucketload of them.
The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #116 on: August 12, 2008, 04:47:30 AM »
I see Italy has overtaken us in the medals table as we remain on three while China has grown their total to nineteen...  ::)

Was there spaghetti eating or retreating yesterday...?
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Just One More

• Power Poster
« Reply #117 on: August 12, 2008, 07:12:03 AM »
I see that 14 year old diver was competing today, according to Sky News he came a creditable 8th...out of 8 !!! rubschin:
Yes... amazing how the commentary changed from 'medal hope' to 'flop' over a few hours...  noooo:

Source = http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/display.var.2423108.0.diver_blake_hits_back_at_teen_partner_tom_daley.php

SOUTHAMPTON diver Blake Aldridge hit back at teenage Olympic partner Tom Daley after the pair had a row moments before their final dive in the 10m synchronised final.
Following the dive, which saw the pair come last out of the eight finalists, Aldridge, 12 years older than 14-year-old Daley, blamed the teenager's nerves for their poor showing.
He revealed that Daley had taken offence to Aldridge speaking to his mother on the telephone before their last dive.
He said: "'There was a little incident but it is an Olympic Games, you are in a different world and people are going to do things differently.
"He had a pop at me before the last dive.
"I saw my mum in the audience and I asked her to give me a call and Tom went to me 'Why are you on the phone? We're still in the competition and we've got another dive to do'.
"That's just Thomas - he's over-nervous.
"Thomas should not be worrying about what I'm doing but he was worrying about everyone and everything and that to me is really the sole reason why he didn't perform.
"We were out of character, Tom was nervous and that's what happens.
"Certainly not so much for me, I'm a little bit older than Tom so I can take things on the chin a bit easier."
Daley, Britain's youngest Olympian for nearly 50 years, said competing in the Olympics had been a good experience but that he was disappointed with his performance.
China took gold in the event, with Germany finishing with silver and Russia bronze.

OK, the young lad should have been more focussed and shouldn't have had the phone with him, but if his idea of "taking it on the chin" is to go running to the media shouting "it's all his fault" he has a few things to learn
LiFe - It's an "F" in lie

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #118 on: August 12, 2008, 07:34:19 AM »
I see that 14 year old diver was competing today, according to Sky News he came a creditable 8th...out of 8 !!! rubschin:
Yes... amazing how the commentary changed from 'medal hope' to 'flop' over a few hours...  noooo:

Source = http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/display.var.2423108.0.diver_blake_hits_back_at_teen_partner_tom_daley.php

SOUTHAMPTON diver Blake Aldridge hit back at teenage Olympic partner Tom Daley after the pair had a row moments before their final dive in the 10m synchronised final.
Following the dive, which saw the pair come last out of the eight finalists, Aldridge, 12 years older than 14-year-old Daley, blamed the teenager's nerves for their poor showing.
He revealed that Daley had taken offence to Aldridge speaking to his mother on the telephone before their last dive.
He said: "'There was a little incident but it is an Olympic Games, you are in a different world and people are going to do things differently.
"He had a pop at me before the last dive.
"I saw my mum in the audience and I asked her to give me a call and Tom went to me 'Why are you on the phone? We're still in the competition and we've got another dive to do'.
"That's just Thomas - he's over-nervous.
"Thomas should not be worrying about what I'm doing but he was worrying about everyone and everything and that to me is really the sole reason why he didn't perform.
"We were out of character, Tom was nervous and that's what happens.
"Certainly not so much for me, I'm a little bit older than Tom so I can take things on the chin a bit easier."
Daley, Britain's youngest Olympian for nearly 50 years, said competing in the Olympics had been a good experience but that he was disappointed with his performance.
China took gold in the event, with Germany finishing with silver and Russia bronze.

OK, the young lad should have been more focussed and shouldn't have had the phone with him, but if his idea of "taking it on the chin" is to go running to the media shouting "it's all his fault" he has a few things to learn
He turned out not to be the messiah, just a naughty little boy…  noooo:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #119 on: August 12, 2008, 07:51:08 AM »
So the younger one suggests that the older is being unprofessional by speaking to his Mum on the phone and then running to the media to blame the junior partner for their failure. Seems like Young Tom has an old head on his shoulders.