Disgusterous

Author Topic: Reasons to be cheerful anyone ??????  (Read 9754 times)

Offline Nick

• Needs to get out more...
Re: Reasons to be cheerful anyone ??????
« Reply #45 on: August 05, 2008, 04:27:08 PM »
Can you fire napalm from a tractor?  rubschin:
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Offline Mrs TG

• Fool Member
  • Scouse and proud!!
« Reply #46 on: August 05, 2008, 04:46:10 PM »
Not cheerful and not happy, tgs and some other staff getting a 5% pay cut for next three months to try save the company, although it dont seem a lot its a lot to us! as prices of everything going up, and no pay rise for last few yrs, i am at a loss, and i have screamed every swear word possible..... noooo:

at least i still got my kitty to cheer me up!
Listen to the whispers of your heart, for there resides your strength of spirit and the goodness of your soul.

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #47 on: August 05, 2008, 04:47:15 PM »
Not cheerful and not happy, tgs and some other staff getting a 5% pay cut for next three months to try save the company, although it dont seem a lot its a lot to us! as prices of everything going up, and no pay rise for last few yrs, i am at a loss, and i have screamed every swear word possible..... noooo:

And us!  whistle:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
« Reply #48 on: August 05, 2008, 04:52:51 PM »

Nothing like stroking a pussy to cheer you up.  whistle:
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #49 on: August 05, 2008, 07:08:25 PM »

noooo: Shame on you!

The poor girl is obviously upset and all you do is bandy cheap double entendres.

She thought everything was OK and there were no concerns, and now TG has given her one.
I mostly despair

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #50 on: August 06, 2008, 08:08:12 AM »

The poor girl is obviously upset and all you do is bandy cheap double entendres.

She thought everything was OK and there were no concerns, and now TG has given her one.

HONI SOIT QUI MAL Y PENSE  whistle:

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #51 on: August 06, 2008, 08:38:10 AM »

HONI SOIT QUI MAL Y PENSE  whistle:

condemnant quod non intellegunt
I mostly despair

Offline Mrs TG

• Fool Member
  • Scouse and proud!!
« Reply #52 on: August 06, 2008, 08:39:19 AM »

thanks for that support, nice some1 gives there thoughts an concerns...as i am so angrrrry i tell you! cussing:
Listen to the whispers of your heart, for there resides your strength of spirit and the goodness of your soul.

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #53 on: August 06, 2008, 08:42:06 AM »

thanks for that support, nice some1 gives there thoughts an concerns...as i am so angrrrry i tell you! cussing:

redface:
I mostly despair

Offline Nick

« Reply #54 on: August 06, 2008, 08:44:57 AM »
 rubschin:

Offline Just One More

• Power Poster
« Reply #55 on: August 06, 2008, 09:16:27 AM »
I do every thing I can to avoid meetings, my time can be spent better elsewhere for most of the time I'm in there.

I have a meeting of sorts later this afternoon, my first job interview in 19 years.  scared2: And on Friday I have a second job interview to attend  scared2: scared2:

One interview done, one job offered this morning, we have to meet somewhere my side of the middle on T's and C's though
LiFe - It's an "F" in lie

Offline Mrs TG

• Fool Member
  • Scouse and proud!!
« Reply #56 on: August 06, 2008, 09:20:39 AM »
I do every thing I can to avoid meetings, my time can be spent better elsewhere for most of the time I'm in there.

I have a meeting of sorts later this afternoon, my first job interview in 19 years.  scared2: And on Friday I have a second job interview to attend  scared2: scared2:

One interview done, one job offered this morning, we have to meet somewhere my side of the middle on T's and C's though

Give TG some tips on new careers i think he needs it now!  Banghead

Offline Nick

« Reply #57 on: August 06, 2008, 09:28:42 AM »
Tree felling?

All you need is chainsaw and a truck

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #58 on: August 06, 2008, 09:35:50 AM »
We did suggest he baled out when this all started. I know it's hard to leave when you've been there for many years but sometimes it is the best option. Bugger the pittance that redundancy may offer ..... he has already established that they are only going to pay the minimum and that depends on there being any money left once they go under  ~ and I think we can all see that they are going to.
Career choices ~ anything would be better than nothing but what can he do? We have no idea what his qualifications may be, nor what he actually does now (apart from spend time here and support Leicester City).
Anyone can do anything or be anyone if they really want to but I would recommend multiple income streams. Three or four part time jobs are better than one poorly paid full time job in the current climate. If he has a pension built up over the years look to secure and then add to that from his part time incomes, if he hasn't then forget it. It is now too late to start a new plan and any pension accrued from now on will only serve to kick you in the nuts when you need to claim benefits in old age.
Do not get on this "I've never claimed benefits and don't ever intend to" stupidity either. You are entitled, you have paid in and when the time comes take the b@st@rds for every penny you can get. What you don't claim some other sod will.
End of lecture.

Offline The Moan Ranger

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • No surrender
« Reply #59 on: August 06, 2008, 09:48:27 AM »
We did suggest he baled out when this all started. I know it's hard to leave when you've been there for many years but sometimes it is the best option. Bugger the pittance that redundancy may offer ..... he has already established that they are only going to pay the minimum and that depends on there being any money left once they go under  ~ and I think we can all see that they are going to.
Career choices ~ anything would be better than nothing but what can he do? We have no idea what his qualifications may be, nor what he actually does now (apart from spend time here and support Leicester City).
Anyone can do anything or be anyone if they really want to but I would recommend multiple income streams. Three or four part time jobs are better than one poorly paid full time job in the current climate. If he has a pension built up over the years look to secure and then add to that from his part time incomes, if he hasn't then forget it. It is now too late to start a new plan and any pension accrued from now on will only serve to kick you in the nuts when you need to claim benefits in old age.
Do not get on this "I've never claimed benefits and don't ever intend to" stupidity either. You are entitled, you have paid in and when the time comes take the b@st@rds for every penny you can get. What you don't claim some other sod will.
End of lecture.

happ096 Wot he said.