Disgusterous

Author Topic: I knew it  (Read 1181 times)

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
I knew it
« on: August 14, 2008, 11:29:10 AM »
Yes I know there was a post about him being released but this means that he is being flown back here next week. I however have an alternative suggestion. These buggers want Thaksin so that he can stand trial over there. Fine, we'll put him on a plane to you on the condition that you keep that child molesting scum in your one of your prisons.

HANOI (Reuters) - Fallen rock star Gary Glitter will be deported to Britain on Tuesday after completing a 27-month sentence for molesting two young girls, his lawyer said.

Glitter, 63, whose real name is Paul Gadd, was arrested in November 2005 at Ho Chi Minh airport as he tried to leave the country and sentenced to three years in jail following a one-day trial where he pleaded not guilty.

The conviction was upheld on appeal, but the sentence was reduced by three months. Jail time served is counted from the date of arrest, meaning he is eligible for release this month.

"My client will have to board a flight to London, his ticket has been bought by the authorities here," Glitter's lawyer Le Thanh Kinh told Reuters by telephone from Ho Chi Minh City.

"After he lands in London, he's free to go wherever he wants," Kinh added.

State media reported this week Glitter has been doing chores at a prison clinic in Binh Thuan province, 190 km (118 miles) north of Ho Chi Minh City and adjacent to the coastal province of Ba Ria-Vung Tau where he molested two 11-year-old girls while living in a villa.

Either that or let slip the details of his flight to the Mail and the Sport and let their readers deal with the matter.
The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
Re: I knew it
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2008, 12:42:21 PM »
Hang 'im!  cussing:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Uncle Mort

• Power Poster
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2008, 01:00:37 PM »
Who? Thaksin or Glitter.

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2008, 01:56:59 PM »
 shrugs: Does it matter?
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Berek

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2008, 02:10:51 PM »

Offline Uncle Mort

• Power Poster
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2008, 02:13:22 PM »
Actually, Thaksin hasn't been convicted and Glitter has served his sentence so hanging would be out of order for either.

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2008, 02:15:23 PM »
Actually, Thaksin hasn't been convicted and Glitter has served his sentence so hanging would be out of order for either.

Perhaps just a slight hanging as a precautionary measure?
I mostly despair

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2008, 04:35:24 AM »
Details, details...  noooo:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2008, 09:40:12 AM »
'Heart attack' halts Glitter trip

I see the cowardly pervert refuses to come back to the UK....

Quote from: BBC Web Shite
Former pop star Gary Glitter has refused to board a flight to the UK, saying he was having a heart attack.

He was earlier deported from Vietnam after spending almost three years in jail for sexually abusing two girls.

Glitter, 64, real name Paul Francis Gadd, had arrived at Bangkok in Thailand, where he was to change planes and fly back to the UK.

But he refused to leave the airport, demanding to be allowed to stay in Thailand or another Asian country.

Thai immigration has declared Glitter "persona non grata" and threatened to return him to Vietnam.

Source

Just hand him a rope and get it all over with...  cussing:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2008, 05:07:11 PM »
I do love the difference in coverage the media has on this. The BBC says he had a heart attack, Reuters I suspect is more accurate is stating that he has faked one and was demanding being allowed to travel to Singapore.

I could be wrong but surely all Thailand has to do is to revoke his visa and then he doesnt have a choice.

It'll never happen but when he lands I'd love to see a huge crowd there waiting for him in total silence not saying a word when he disembarks. It he's worried about how he's going to be percieved now that will really give him heart failure.
The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2008, 05:11:47 PM »
There could be a happy ending to this story after all. Given China's glowing track record for human rights flying to Hong Kong may not have been the brighest thing for him to do.  point:

Former pop star Gary Glitter has flown to Hong Kong from Bangkok airport after refusing to return to the UK.

He was earlier deported from Vietnam after spending almost three years in jail for sexually abusing two girls.

Glitter, 64, real name Paul Francis Gadd, had arrived in Bangkok, Thailand, to catch a connecting flight to the UK.

But he boarded a Thai Airways flight to Chinese territory Hong Kong after Thai authorities refused him entry and threatened to deport him to Britain.

Thai Airways confirmed Glitter left Bangkok on flight number TG 602, landing in Hong Kong at 11pm local time (1600 BST).

A spokeswoman for the Foreign Office said it was up to Chinese authorities to decide whether they allowed him to enter Hong Kong.

Medical plea

Immigration officials had earlier barred him from entering Thailand after he said he wanted to remain in the country or go to another Asian nation.

This was despite a plea for medical treatment as Glitter said he was suffering a heart attack.

Glitter sold millions of records as a glam rock star in the 1970s, with hits including I'm the Leader of the Gang.

Thai police had earlier told Reuters news agency they would be "deporting him to his home country, England, unconditionally".

The BBC's Jonathan Head says 19 countries have already said they would refuse Glitter entry.

The fact he has flown to Hong Kong is a blow to the UK authorities who want to get him home and on the sex offenders register, our correspondent says.

If Glitter does return to the UK, he will be met at the airport by police and required to sign the register.

He will then be subject to monitoring and have to tell the police where he plans to live and if he planned to go abroad. He could also face an order prohibiting him from going near children or using the internet.

Home Secretary Jacqui Smith said on Tuesday it was her view that Glitter should be given a Foreign Travel Order (FTO) banning him from overseas travel.

Travel bans

Ms Smith has also announced plans to tighten controls on the movements of paedophiles.

Proposed measures include increasing the length of time an FTO can apply from six months to up to five years, and automatically confiscating the passport of anyone subject to an order.

At present, police are only allowed to rely on evidence from the previous six months about the risk an individual poses, but that time period would also be extended under the plans.

"I think these are sensible and proportional ways of toughening up what is already a very tough system. I think that's what we owe to children in this country and to children abroad," Ms Smith said.

The home secretary's announcement came after children's charity Ecpat UK accused the government of "turning a blind eye" to British sex tourists.

The charity said it was too easy for nationals convicted abroad to stay under the radar of British police upon their return.

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2008, 05:14:45 PM »
Why worry about him? He is too well known to be able to be of any trouble to anyone again. He has done his time. He is now a frail and broken old man. You'd do far better to worry about the b@st@rds we don't know about.

Are you listening Jaqui Smith? Start finding the buggers we don't have the names of who are breaking the laws ~ don't waste your time and the time of hundreds of Civil Servants and Policemen on this idiot. Everyone knows him and what he is, the press will follow and report on his every move for the rest of his days.
Get on with catching the others ~ that's what we pay you for. Forget the bloody soundbites. You let him get away with it before, how many more are you missing now?

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2008, 05:30:36 PM »
Why worry about him? He is too well known to be able to be of any trouble to anyone again. He has done his time. He is now a frail and broken old man. You'd do far better to worry about the b@st@rds we don't know about.

Are you listening Jaqui Smith? Start finding the buggers we don't have the names of who are breaking the laws ~ don't waste your time and the time of hundreds of Civil Servants and Policemen on this idiot. Everyone knows him and what he is, the press will follow and report on his every move for the rest of his days.
Get on with catching the others ~ that's what we pay you for. Forget the bloody soundbites. You let him get away with it before, how many more are you missing now?

Well said that man (dog)
I mostly despair

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2008, 05:35:51 PM »
 redface: Sorry ~ I just get annoyed sometimes  redface:

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2008, 05:49:03 PM »
The problem is that the government sees an easy target here. Concentrate on Glitter, announcing all of these brand new measures you are going to enforce and it looks like you are doing something constructive to protect the children. At least in their world it does.