Disgusterous

Author Topic: Goodbye cruel world...  (Read 14607 times)

Offline TG

• Fool Member
Goodbye cruel world...
« on: August 19, 2008, 06:19:02 PM »
...I'm off back to Scallypool at the weekend for the first time in a couple of years.

Now I'm not a scouser myself but for a few years I lived mostly in Crosby and also in Waterloo for a while. Waterloo should be nuked urgently (apart from the 'The Liver' boozer that I have a certain affection for.)

Crosby is nice though and we are staying Saturday night there with family so I wont have to nail my mobile phone to my hip.

Sunday however we are staying at a hotel in Southport. I have my telescope with me so I will be able to see the sea.

I may even have time to go to the cake shop for a hallucinogenic bun.  happy088

I think my cat wants to kill me...

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
Re: Goodbye cruel world...
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2008, 06:33:05 PM »
 scared2:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2008, 06:39:32 PM »
He'll be OK ~ he has a native guide don't forget.
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline Mrs TG

• Fool Member
  • Scouse and proud!!
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2008, 06:46:47 PM »
yep i am scouser born an bred, lived there for 43 yrs of my life, and never had any problems, so cant be that bad hey surrender:

the reason i dont go bak so often  is you can get to paris cheaper than a train ticket to liverpool, madness!  sad24:
Listen to the whispers of your heart, for there resides your strength of spirit and the goodness of your soul.

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2008, 07:20:04 PM »
yep i am scouser born an bred, lived there for 43 yrs of my life, and never had any problems, so cant be that bad hey surrender:

the reason i dont go bak so often  is you can get to paris cheaper than a train ticket to liverpool, madness!  sad24:

I 'spect that applies to everyone's home town. I grew up in Southampton and, in the fifties and sixties there was nowhere that I wouldn't go, without thought. Now I wouldn't dare walk down the High Street after 6 in the evening. TBH I used to feel safer on the streets of North London ten years ago than I do now in this small village. The world (or at least the UK) has changed beyond all recognition in the last few years. Everywhere is nastier, more dangerous and seems to me to be full of potential trouble ~ and I'm not as fit as I used to be.
I hadn't realised you were travelling by train either. Tho' with petrol prices the way they are it's probably not that much more expensive.

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2008, 08:28:36 PM »

To be fair, more people want to go to Paris whistle:
The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.

Offline Mrs TG

• Fool Member
  • Scouse and proud!!
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2008, 08:34:13 PM »

I 'spect that applies to everyone's home town. I grew up in Southampton and, in the fifties and sixties there was nowhere that I wouldn't go, without thought. Now I wouldn't dare walk down the High Street after 6 in the evening. TBH I used to feel safer on the streets of North London ten years ago than I do now in this small village. The world (or at least the UK) has changed beyond all recognition in the last few years. Everywhere is nastier, more dangerous and seems to me to be full of potential trouble ~ and I'm not as fit as I used to be.
I hadn't realised you were travelling by train either. Tho' with petrol prices the way they are it's probably not that much more expensive.

we dont drive so not much choice! robbing sods train companies are!
Listen to the whispers of your heart, for there resides your strength of spirit and the goodness of your soul.

Offline Mrs TG

• Fool Member
  • Scouse and proud!!
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2008, 08:36:02 PM »

me too, but dont mean its any safer! i am yet to go to any foreign land, but with my son being in lyon from this sunday for next yr might be a good opportunity to do it !

Offline Nick

« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2008, 05:42:37 AM »
You should get yerselves to AINSDALE
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2008, 06:18:29 AM »

drumroll:  lol: lol: lol:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2008, 08:10:39 AM »

me too, but dont mean its any safer! i am yet to go to any foreign land, but with my son being in lyon from this sunday for next yr might be a good opportunity to do it !

Good plan ~ and only a couple of hundred quid to get you a passport each ~ and that's before you get on train/boat/plane whistle:

Offline TG

• Fool Member
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2008, 12:39:06 PM »

Good plan ~ and only a couple of hundred quid to get you a passport each ~ and that's before you get on train/boat/plane whistle:

Got passports. it helps when opening bank accounts and such donchyaknow.  whistle:

I meself have travelled to foreign parts though not for a long time.

Went to the isle of wight a few years ago if that counts? Took about a 6 hour round trip from Swanage. I could have gone half way round the planet in that time and for less money.  Angry9:

If we fly to Lyon next year it will be Mrs TG's first time on an airyplane.  scared2: scared2: scared2:

I am going to have to get pissed to deal with the stress, and i dont mean the stress of flying...

Offline Nick

« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2008, 12:40:33 PM »
I had forgotten she has never flown.HOw has she managed to evade that for so long?

While oop north I recommend you visit a rather good bakery in AINSDALE
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Offline TG

• Fool Member
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2008, 12:43:11 PM »
I had forgotten she has never flown.HOw has she managed to evade that for so long?

Is it on the train route between scallypool and sarfport?

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2008, 12:45:45 PM »

Is it on the train route between scallypool and sarfport?
You don't go there on the train... you go on a cake...  whistle:
Pro Skub  Thumbs: