Disgusterous

Author Topic: Dont be bleedin stupid.  (Read 415 times)

Online Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
Dont be bleedin stupid.
« on: September 11, 2008, 12:24:49 PM »
Normally I dont have a problem with other people's views and attitudes but this strikes me as being absolutely daft. Given the fact that the leather has most likely come from cows that have been butchered for their meat how is it any more cruel than a lion running down a zebra and tearing it apart while its still alive.

We are omnivores and to quote Denis Leart "Not eating meat is a choice, eating meat is an instinct"

If you want to be a vegan then fine that's your choice and you have every right to make it, just as I have the right to choose to eat meat and the bus company has the right to choose to use leather seats.

A woman from Derby has set up an online petition against changes to the seating on a bus company's vehicles.

Genevieve Griffiths, a vegan, is angry at Trent Barton's decision to put in leather seats on the Rainbow 5 buses as she believes using it is cruel.

More than 250 names have been added to the petition so far.

Trent Barton said it was investing heavily in seating and air conditioning to make the journey as comfortable an experience as possible for passengers.

It added that the changes had been popular with customers.

Ms Griffiths said: "It's the murder of innocent animals, they don't need to use leather, and they just can't seem to notice that."
The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.

Offline Nick

• Needs to get out more...
Re: Dont be bleedin stupid.
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2008, 12:27:27 PM »
She prolly wants compensation.

I know that area. "Trent Barton". Went to school with Charlie Barton. His house was like a bus park.We played with bus(s)es.

She's a tit. Last word.

NEXT!

Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2008, 01:30:50 PM »
What so many of these bunny huggers fail to see is that if we (Mankind) did not want to eat meat or wear leather shoes, sit on leather chairs etc, then the cattle that they see and enjoy looking at simply would not exist. The cattle we eat, drink the milk from, make shoes out of etc, are bred by us for that purpose. Would this woman and her ilk prefer that we simply got rid of these animals altogether? It would give us soooooo much more room to grow turnips and other vegetables.
Blinded by their own stupidity cussing:
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline Nick

• Needs to get out more...
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2008, 01:36:37 PM »
See also: shoes
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile