Disgusterous

Author Topic: Prezza is at a loose end now and this sounds like his dream job.  (Read 647 times)

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
Prezza is at a loose end now and this sounds like his dream job.
« on: September 18, 2008, 11:50:18 AM »
I bet Prezza's pudgy fingers are already hammering at his phone keypad.  whistle:

A famous Lancashire pie maker is looking for hungry volunteers to join its tasting panel.

Holland's, which is based in Baxenden, wants a dedicated pie panel to help sample its pies, puddings and pasties and have a hand in creating new ones.

The firm's managing director, Neil Court-Johnston, wants to recruit 12 people to advise him on new takes on the meat and potato favourite.

He said he wanted to "reawaken the region's passion for pies".

Those selected will be invited to a series of specially arranged pie-tasting sessions to review every recipe and offer their opinions.

Holland's employs more than 400 people and is part of the chilled division of Northern Foods.

Anyone interested in joining the panel is urged to contact Northern Foods.
The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.

Offline Nick

• Needs to get out more...
Re: Prezza is at a loose end now and this sounds like his dream job.
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2008, 11:51:24 AM »
I like a nice pie.

I wonder if they have a trainset too
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Online Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2008, 11:54:17 AM »
Prezza was on the wireless this morning - what a complete  censored:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Just One More

• Power Poster
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2008, 07:03:40 PM »
As somebody that has eaten far more than his fair share of pies over the years I thought that I'd never find a meat and tater pie to beat Hollands. However, they were relegated to number two after sampling a Pooles of Wigan meat and tater pie earlier this year. Small wonder than Wigan RL fans tend to be on the large side and known throughout the sport as the Pie-eaters
LiFe - It's an "F" in lie

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2008, 07:47:24 AM »
Agree with all who love pies ~ and pies have been around for a lot longer than obesity. The western problem is not eating pies, although that is a useful comedic idea, but the facts that we do not exercise enough, we have central heating and fitted carpets that mean we do not burn up the calories keeping warm anymore. I am old enough to remember getting out of bed in the mornings, feet onto bare lino and running to the bathroom because the floor was so cold. Dad would be busy lighting the only fire in the house, in the living room. There were no fitted carpets, Mum made draught excluders out of old stockings to place along the bottoms of the doors. There was no central heating and no double glazing. We wore a jumper (or two) to keep warm and burned our body fats in the process. Every Wednesday afternoon all school kids turned out to play sports, no matter what the weather ~ No excuses other than a broken limb were accepted. Give today's youth ten years of 1950s style living and obesity, as a national "problem" would vanish.
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Online Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2008, 07:50:31 AM »
Agree with all who love pies ~ and pies have been around for a lot longer than obesity. The western problem is not eating pies, although that is a useful comedic idea, but the facts that we do not exercise enough, we have central heating and fitted carpets that mean we do not burn up the calories keeping warm anymore. I am old enough to remember getting out of bed in the mornings, feet onto bare lino and running to the bathroom because the floor was so cold. Dad would be busy lighting the only fire in the house, in the living room. There were no fitted carpets, Mum made draught excluders out of old stockings to place along the bottoms of the doors. There was no central heating and no double glazing. We wore a jumper (or two) to keep warm and burned our body fats in the process. Every Wednesday afternoon all school kids turned out to play sports, no matter what the weather ~ No excuses other than a broken limb were accepted. Give today's youth ten years of 1950s style living and obesity, as a national "problem" would vanish.
You got let off for a broken limb...?  eeek:

Soft school was it...?  rubschin:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2008, 07:54:50 AM »
Needed a Doctor's note as well  lol:

Something contagious was always a winner as I recall but it had to rank up there with Bubonic Plague to be of any real value. Mere measles was never enough for more than a week off.

Online Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2008, 08:05:45 AM »
Needed a Doctor's note as well  lol:

Something contagious was always a winner as I recall but it had to rank up there with Bubonic Plague to be of any real value. Mere measles was never enough for more than a week off.
Indeed...

I remember that 'I forgot my kit' resulted in running the cross country course in bare feet and underpants although 'The Russians have arrived' always seemed to work for the gerls...  noooo:

Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2008, 09:32:14 AM »
Dunno 'bout the gerls ~ Mine was an all boys school education from age 7 to leaving. Had to seek out the gerls elsewhere  eyes: