Author Topic: Consumer Focus  (Read 1022 times)

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
Consumer Focus
« on: September 20, 2008, 02:04:09 PM »
Consumer Focus ~ anyone heard of it?

Thought not ~ well it is happening. A whole new Quango to replace Energy Watch, Post Watch and the tried and tested National Consumer Council.

Consumer Focus, lovely right on name that, is to take over the guardianship of our rights in one all embracing agency looking after the various interests of the consumers. Customers to you and I ~ you ever tried to consume a pillar box?

Utter waste of tiime, effort and money which will result in less service to the public and ultimately more jobs for the boys. Am I bitter that I will be out of a job? ~ Well it only ever paid expenses and got me a free lunch every other month but I was able to make a difference locally by getting a new post box for the pensioners to save them crossing a very busy, dangerous road and I suppose we made a difference by forcing the Royal Mail to bring back the cancelled collections from rural villages in North Wales after 12 noon ~ so no I am not bitter but I can promise you that the service we, the customers, receive will suffer. The energy companies and the Royal Mail have been after getting rid of the watch dogs for years and now they are getting their own way.
Well done Gordo.
One less voice for the common man ~ one more bit of centralised control in your well bitten sticky fingers.
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Online Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
Re: Consumer Focus
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2008, 02:12:14 PM »
Consumer Focus ~ anyone heard of it?

Thought not ~ well it is happening. A whole new Quango to replace Energy Watch, Post Watch and the tried and tested National Consumer Council.

Consumer Focus, lovely right on name that, is to take over the guardianship of our rights in one all embracing agency looking after the various interests of the consumers. Customers to you and I ~ you ever tried to consume a pillar box?

Utter waste of tiime, effort and money which will result in less service to the public and ultimately more jobs for the boys. Am I bitter that I will be out of a job? ~ Well it only ever paid expenses and got me a free lunch every other month but I was able to make a difference locally by getting a new post box for the pensioners to save them crossing a very busy, dangerous road and I suppose we made a difference by forcing the Royal Mail to bring back the cancelled collections from rural villages in North Wales after 12 noon ~ so no I am not bitter but I can promise you that the service we, the customers, receive will suffer. The energy companies and the Royal Mail have been after getting rid of the watch dogs for years and now they are getting their own way.
Well done Gordo.
One less voice for the common man ~ one more bit of centralised control in your well bitten sticky fingers.
They do want to control everything don't they...  noooo:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2008, 02:14:11 PM »
Full story link below ~ the only guy who says it's a good idea is the man who will head the new agency.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7626620.stm
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Online Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2008, 02:16:23 PM »
Full story link below ~ the only guy who says it's a good idea is the man who will head the new agency.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7626620.stm
He would say that then...  noooo:

What an utter, utter shambolic waste oif time and money...
Pro Skub  Thumbs: