Author Topic: A mysterious deposit  (Read 1880 times)

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
Re: A mysterious deposit
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2008, 03:09:52 PM »
Well I alerted them to it, so I am  angel1

Up to them now

In writing? That way they cannot deny it.

You would not be the first to be looking at a CID Warrant Card and being invited to answer questions under such circumstances.
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline Nick

• Needs to get out more...
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2008, 03:10:53 PM »
No, it's First Direct. They record the calls and logged my enquiry
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2008, 03:14:53 PM »
I think you should spend it on the all new December fish 'n chip supper for the pub goers in December like...  whistle:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2008, 03:22:02 PM »

Seven years ago they denied having a record of calls I had made to them. They even denied receiving letters until I produced the signatures that the PO had obtained. They then claimed that as a "Telephone Bank" they didn't hold such correspondence and could not write to me in reply. The County Court Judge thought otherwise and told them so.  eveilgrin: I won the case. B@st@rds. Worst bank in the world bar none in my opinion. Many think likewise according to the banking ombudsman. The only record they make of calls is that tapped out by the person you spoke to. That is not reliable as evidence for you as you have no control over what is typed in and what is not. Ever tried asking to see a copy?

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2008, 03:23:40 PM »

Seven years ago they denied having a record of calls I had made to them. They even denied receiving letters until I produced the signatures that the PO had obtained. They then claimed that as a "Telephone Bank" they didn't hold such correspondence and could not write to me in reply. The County Court Judge thought otherwise and told them so.  eveilgrin: I won the case. B@st@rds. Worst bank in the world bar none in my opinion. Many think likewise according to the banking ombudsman. The only record they make of calls is that tapped out by the person you spoke to. That is not reliable as evidence for you as you have no control over what is typed in and what is not. Ever tried asking to see a copy?

No doubt their customer that is short of £583.08 would agree with you...  whistle:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Nick

« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2008, 04:24:22 PM »
 whistle:

Offline Mrs TG

• Fool Member
  • Scouse and proud!!
« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2008, 04:35:15 PM »
I think the answer's no.   cry:

I had £3,000 odd turn up in my account tht I didn't know about. After investigation it turned out to due to my company. I had faxed bank account details over to a creditor but had put my bank account number instead of the firm's.

And you had accidentally sent him your own bank details , like  rubschin:

Could it be from child tax credits/working tax credits etc? i remember them puttin a nice 750 in my account that was outstanding from yr before, but i had forgot about it, just turned up in bank an letter to follow!  whistle:
Listen to the whispers of your heart, for there resides your strength of spirit and the goodness of your soul.

Offline Nick

« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2008, 07:19:31 PM »
No

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2008, 08:37:15 AM »
No

You claim you don't know where the money came from ~ so how can you say no?

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2008, 08:38:21 AM »
No

::)

I thought we'd established that the money belonged to Wenchy...?

Right Wenchy?  ;)
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Nick

« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2008, 08:47:54 AM »
No

The items you refer to go into a different account!

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #26 on: October 01, 2008, 08:52:57 AM »
I have nothing further to add.  angry041:

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #27 on: October 01, 2008, 12:08:40 PM »

Not quite accurate Snoop. Under FSA and DPA regulations call recordings have to be kept for a period of time (I think its 2 years though I could be wrong there) and as these places have call centres for dealing with customers all calls are recorded as standard by their hardware not just the few the 'calls may be recorded' spiel would suggest.
The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.

Offline Nick

« Reply #28 on: October 01, 2008, 12:09:35 PM »
I have now found out where it came from.It is mine, all mine  eveilgrin:

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #29 on: October 01, 2008, 12:29:02 PM »
I have the court documents in which their solicitor stated that "My client's do not automatically record all calls received but a precis of any conversation is logged on computer by the operator the customer spoke to" ....... "In the case of Mr Snoopy my client has been unable to locate any record of having received any calls concerning this matter ..... other calls from Mr Snoopy have been logged"

Blah Blah Blah

"In respect of Mr Snoopy's claim to have written to my clients on three occassions no record of any letters has been found, however this is not surprising as my client is a 'Telephone Bank' and do not expect to maintain written correspondence with their customers".

Blah Blah Blah

Mr Snoopy "May it please the court I am able to provide proof of delivery as I took the precaution of sending two of the letters by recorded delivery and the third by registered mail ~ I am therefore able to demonstrate, by means of signed receipts issued to the Royal Mail by an employee of the bank when the letters were delivered to their head office, that the bank did receive my letters although I cannot say whether they actually bothered to read them"

Bank Solicitor "May I ask for an adjournment in order that I may inform my client of the existance of these receipts?"

District Judge "Mr Snoopy has already said in evidence that he has told your client of the existance of these receipts, I cannot see any reason why they should need to be informed again however the court stands adjourned for lunch until two o'clock"

Two O'Clock

Solicitor "May I approach the bench"

Judge "You may"

Blah Blah Blah mutter mutter mutter.

Judge "Mr Snoopy I am advised that First Direct Bank have withdrawn their claim against you. I understand that they wish to apologise to you for any inconvinience you have experienced in this matter" Turning to bank solicitor "Inform your clients that I award costs against them and I strongly advise that they review their record keeping procedures" Turning back to me "Mr Snoopy you may wish to consider a claim against First Direct Bank for any expenditure this case has put you to ~ I would advise you to consult a solicitor in this matter".

I did duly consult but since costs had been awarded against them the advice was "Frankly you have nothing further to claim".