Author Topic: Blissful Saturday  (Read 1054 times)

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
Re: Blissful Saturday
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2008, 11:39:35 AM »
You do realise you are tempting fate hound. Ross is back in 3 weeks and odds are the BBC will ignore talent & get a replacement as irritating as Brand

eeek:  Three months surely.

Call it a hunch but something tells me that Ross will be back before the three months is up. He draws too large an audience for the BBC to sideline for that long regardless of the reason.

Mind you its not as if the BBC is short of talent to replace him, Omid Jalili, Frankie Boyle, Dara O'Brien and Marcus Brigstock could replace Ross easily in most of his shows and be far more entertaining. The only exception to this would be Film 2008 as Ross has a knowledge of films that is hard to beat.

Dara Obrian? Is that the best they coulld come up with ~ an ill mannered, head up arse so called comic.

Come off it GM there are far better out there ~ as for Films I'd take Barry Norman over J Woss any day of the week.
Want a good radio presenter? ~ Then pay for Chris Tarrant.

FFS I'll do the job for less than 25% of Woss's pay ..... and yes I do have experience, allbeit many years ago, of presenting a late night radio show on Radio Hereford (July 1963 to Dec 1964) ~ it ain't hard.
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
Re: Blissful Saturday
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2008, 11:45:18 AM »
Dara was only one of a selection that I gave to illustrate that the BBC has access to talent other than Ross Snoop. He may not be to everyone's tastes (and Frankie Boyle would probably end up with a fair few complaints as well) but they are alternatives. Unfortunately the BBC tends to keep to the people they think will give them a good audience for who they are rather than what they are good at.
The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.