Author Topic: The All New celebrity Death Bingo™ Thread – With Prizes!  (Read 107840 times)

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
Re: The All New celebrity Death Bingo™ Thread – With Prizes!
« Reply #285 on: November 16, 2008, 04:40:58 PM »
Where are the stupid rules?
It is of no consequence to you as you are refusing to join in...  point:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Pastis

• Power Poster
  • a continuing precarious position
« Reply #286 on: November 16, 2008, 04:42:38 PM »
It was Monday the 10th. When I saw Tuesday, I thought they meant the previous Tuesday  doh:
What was Monday 10th...?  Shrugs:

The bleedin' "No Deaths Before" date...
Like the Buddhist said to the hot dog vendor...
"Make me one with everything"

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
« Reply #287 on: November 16, 2008, 04:42:59 PM »
Where are the stupid rules?
It is of no consequence to you as you are refusing to join in...  point:

Oh give him his ball and let him go home.
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #288 on: November 16, 2008, 04:43:47 PM »
It was Monday the 10th. When I saw Tuesday, I thought they meant the previous Tuesday  doh:

So this one counts then...?  rubschin:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Pastis

• Power Poster
« Reply #289 on: November 16, 2008, 04:46:50 PM »
I have conceded...  doh:   ... that Charlie fell off his perch on Tuesday 11th...  cry:

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #290 on: November 16, 2008, 04:47:48 PM »
I have conceded...  doh:   ... that Charlie fell off his perch on Tuesday 11th...  cry:
Does it count or not...?  Shrugs:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #291 on: November 16, 2008, 04:48:22 PM »

I reckon it must.

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #292 on: November 16, 2008, 04:50:34 PM »

I reckon it must.
I've forgotten who it was now... celeb was she...?  rubschin:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Pastis

• Power Poster
« Reply #293 on: November 16, 2008, 04:51:14 PM »
 redface:          Yes?  No?

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #294 on: November 16, 2008, 04:54:49 PM »

I reckon it must.

SATF contributor Dr. C. Harmon Brown dies
Tom Surber - USA Track and Field November 14, 2008

INDIANAPOLIS - Known worldwide as a pioneer in sports science and medicine, Dr. C. Harmon Brown died from cancer on Tuesday, November 11. He was 78.

A well-respected author, coach, professor, speaker, endocrinologist, team administrator and track meet official, Dr. Brown, a resident of San Mateo, Calif., served the sport of track and field in countless ways.

"All of us at USA Track & Field are saddened to hear of the passing of our dear friend Dr. Harmon Brown," said USATF President Bill Roe. "His contributions to our organization are immeasurable, and he is one of the people in our sport for whom the term 'gentleman' is an understatement. He will be greatly missed."

A hurdler in his younger days, Brown held the Lafayette College school records in the 120-yard high hurdles and 220-yard low hurdles, and won four conference titles. After graduating from Lafayette (Easton, Pa.) in 1952, Brown earned his M.D. from the George Washington School of Medicine in 1956.

While pursuing his career in medicine in California, Brown continued to pursue his passion for track and field by coaching in club, high school, collegiate, national and international levels. During his coaching career he mentored numerous All-Americans and three Olympic throwers. He served on coaching staffs with nine Team USA international teams from 1967-1986, including two Olympic and two Pan-American teams.

When he began coaching in 1962, women were not permitted to participate in collegiate competitions. Brown became a tireless advocate on behalf of women athletes and conducted pioneering research on the effects of strenuous exercise on the female body to demonstrate women's physiologic and performance capabilities. Brown worked to find physiological, biochemical and nutritional performance benefits to counter the rise in drug use in elite sport.

Brown served TAC/USATF as chair of the organization's Sports Science and Medical Committee for two decades where he was instrumental in developing USATF's innovative drug testing initiatives. The past few years he served as USATF's High Performance Sports Science Chair. Brown was also one of the co-architects of USATF's High Performance Programs philosophy of track and field being an athlete-centered, coach-driven and scientifically applied sport.

Brown served the sport worldwide as a member of the IAAF Medical and Anti-Doping Commission. In the early 1980s he helped to initiate and then chair the IAAF Medical Education Working Group, a forerunner to the current Medical and Anti-Doping Commission on which he also served until stepping down in 2007. In all, Brown's contribution to the IAAF's medical and anti-doping programme consisted of 24 years of devoted service, a period which also involved many appointments as Medical Delegate to IAAF championships.

A contributing author to the USA Track & Field Coaching Manual, Brown was a well respected author. He served as the editor and co-author of the IAAF Medical Manual for Athletics and Road Running Competitions: A Practical Guide, a publication which is now in its third edition.

Funeral arrangements are pending.

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #295 on: November 16, 2008, 04:56:30 PM »

I reckon it must.

SATF contributor Dr. C. Harmon Brown dies
Tom Surber - USA Track and Field November 14, 2008

INDIANAPOLIS - Known worldwide as a pioneer in sports science and medicine, Dr. C. Harmon Brown died from cancer on Tuesday, November 11. He was 78.

A well-respected author, coach, professor, speaker, endocrinologist, team administrator and track meet official, Dr. Brown, a resident of San Mateo, Calif., served the sport of track and field in countless ways.

"All of us at USA Track & Field are saddened to hear of the passing of our dear friend Dr. Harmon Brown," said USATF President Bill Roe. "His contributions to our organization are immeasurable, and he is one of the people in our sport for whom the term 'gentleman' is an understatement. He will be greatly missed."

A hurdler in his younger days, Brown held the Lafayette College school records in the 120-yard high hurdles and 220-yard low hurdles, and won four conference titles. After graduating from Lafayette (Easton, Pa.) in 1952, Brown earned his M.D. from the George Washington School of Medicine in 1956.

While pursuing his career in medicine in California, Brown continued to pursue his passion for track and field by coaching in club, high school, collegiate, national and international levels. During his coaching career he mentored numerous All-Americans and three Olympic throwers. He served on coaching staffs with nine Team USA international teams from 1967-1986, including two Olympic and two Pan-American teams.

When he began coaching in 1962, women were not permitted to participate in collegiate competitions. Brown became a tireless advocate on behalf of women athletes and conducted pioneering research on the effects of strenuous exercise on the female body to demonstrate women's physiologic and performance capabilities. Brown worked to find physiological, biochemical and nutritional performance benefits to counter the rise in drug use in elite sport.

Brown served TAC/USATF as chair of the organization's Sports Science and Medical Committee for two decades where he was instrumental in developing USATF's innovative drug testing initiatives. The past few years he served as USATF's High Performance Sports Science Chair. Brown was also one of the co-architects of USATF's High Performance Programs philosophy of track and field being an athlete-centered, coach-driven and scientifically applied sport.

Brown served the sport worldwide as a member of the IAAF Medical and Anti-Doping Commission. In the early 1980s he helped to initiate and then chair the IAAF Medical Education Working Group, a forerunner to the current Medical and Anti-Doping Commission on which he also served until stepping down in 2007. In all, Brown's contribution to the IAAF's medical and anti-doping programme consisted of 24 years of devoted service, a period which also involved many appointments as Medical Delegate to IAAF championships.

A contributing author to the USA Track & Field Coaching Manual, Brown was a well respected author. He served as the editor and co-author of the IAAF Medical Manual for Athletics and Road Running Competitions: A Practical Guide, a publication which is now in its third edition.

Funeral arrangements are pending.

Never heard of her...  noooo:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Pastis

• Power Poster
« Reply #296 on: November 16, 2008, 04:58:46 PM »
She  He was a celebrity in certain circles. Ever decreasing ones I grant you.

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #297 on: November 16, 2008, 04:59:38 PM »
Celebrity enough tho...?  rubschin:

Not on my card anyway...  whistle:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #298 on: November 16, 2008, 05:02:04 PM »
Celebrity enough tho...?  rubschin:

Not on my card anyway...  whistle:

I knew there had to be a reason for all this shillyshallying. Not on HIS card ~ Tsk!  noooo:

Offline Pastis

• Power Poster
« Reply #299 on: November 16, 2008, 05:03:23 PM »
I'm happy to let Uncle adjudicate in the morning   eveilgrin:

Specially if 78's on Unc's card  eveilgrin: