Author Topic: Tories 'to act on unemployment'  (Read 1234 times)

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
Tories 'to act on unemployment'
« on: November 11, 2008, 06:12:25 AM »
Quote from: BBC Web Shite
David Cameron has said his party will not "stand by and do nothing" about rising unemployment and will offer "tax changes" to help keep people in work.

He said the Conservatives had a moral obligation to help people who were laid off, or were at risk of being so.

On Tuesday the party would announce tax changes to help encourage firms to "take on workers and to keep workers".

Source

Blah, blah, fucking blah...  ::)

What a waste of time the Tories are at the moment... another announcement that will be forgotten and buried before the week is out...  sleep021

I've said it before - hats of to Labour for being an excellent opposition. They constantly gave the Tories a tough time, in the HoC, in the press, on every TV and radio show... this lot of Her Majesty’s Opposition are bloody rubbish...

What the Tories need is a single, radical policy announcement now!

It doesn't matter what it is, they can abolish tax, cut the 20p rate, hang muggers, close Heathrow, whatever...

The fact is that Labour have so completely failed in every aspect of the government of the UK that they are weak in every single area. Transport, crime, certainly the economy - bloody everything!

All the Tories have to do to re-take power is have one single policy... Why?

Because when they are attacked in the HoC or by the press or other puppet media all they have to do is chant the mantra, the mantra that they have spectacularly failed to bring to the attention of the public.

“Labour have been in power for eleven years and every single aspect of the fabric of the country has been destroyed by them.”

They need to say it and keep saying it and keep saying it again until the sheeple realise where the problems originate from.

Otherwise, the UK is heading IMHO into another four years of Labour miss-rule. 
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline The Moan Ranger

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • No surrender
Re: Tories 'to act on unemployment'
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2008, 10:44:19 AM »
 happ096

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2008, 10:46:34 AM »
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2008, 12:48:18 PM »
The problem is that for once Blears was right (I still can't believe I agree with her about something). Parliament is now full of people who's experience is totally contained within the political system and have no real idea about the real world. This means that we are far less likely to see the radical proposals that could have an effect on the economy because the people responsible for coming up with these policies havent a clue about what would work.
The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2008, 12:59:04 PM »
The problem is that for once Blears was right (I still can't believe I agree with her about something). Parliament is now full of people who's experience is totally contained within the political system and have no real idea about the real world. This means that we are far less likely to see the radical proposals that could have an effect on the economy because the people responsible for coming up with these policies havent a clue about what would work.

With all due respect I think that's bollocks (and no surprise coming from Blears)...

If I can work it out I'm sure they can.

The problem is not lack of real-world experience but perhaps too much time at the trough...  noooo:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2008, 01:39:49 PM »
Ok her reasoning may be wrong but regardless of the reason the basic truth to what she has said is something I've believed for a number of years now. MP's should not be allowed to join the cabinet. You should make the cabinet up of members of the public who have the relevant experience and qialifications to do the specific job and make the pay for those posts performance related.
The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2008, 03:18:47 PM »
To a greater or lesser degree Labour Governments have done this every time they have been in power. Why the electorate cannot learn the lessons of history is beyond comprehension.
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.