Disgusterous

Author Topic: How did we get through  (Read 5480 times)

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
Re: How did we get through
« Reply #45 on: November 15, 2008, 08:48:11 AM »
S'pose it's handy for a quick grope and snog on the back row too like?  cloud9:
Do your popcorn buckets 'ave 'oles in the bottom of them too like? whistle:

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #46 on: November 15, 2008, 09:08:33 AM »
 noooo:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Mrs TG

• Fool Member
  • Scouse and proud!!
« Reply #47 on: November 15, 2008, 09:11:37 AM »
well me an wenchy loved it..it was great and good fun and laughs...laughting is good for you too.... eyes:
Listen to the whispers of your heart, for there resides your strength of spirit and the goodness of your soul.

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #48 on: November 15, 2008, 09:37:17 AM »
I'm sure it was excellent... especially the 'guilt' sequences where they show film of malnourished children with their limbs missing like - I bet you laughed like a drain...  noooo:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
« Reply #49 on: November 15, 2008, 12:20:55 PM »
...to the detriment of a lot of hard working folk struggling to manage to keep afloat

I don't understand what you're getting at here.

Certainly Wogan should never have asked for or been paid a fee but it probably doesn't rob other charities of donations. My feeling is that it taps those who don't normally give.

Off to watch the QI special now.

I was talking about a lot of smaller charities whose takings have declined because of the muscle that the big boys can put behind such things as these TV marathons. In total it is reckoned that we, as a nation, give roughly the same amount to charity per capita as we always have but the big ones are soaking it all up and the little fish are slowly going under. Please don't ask for a source as I read this somewhere (hospital waiting room magazine I think) and it rang true. When I was involved with Children in Need I sank all my effort into it. When I stopped (mainly because of Wogan's greed) I found I still gave the same amount to charity over the year but I spread it around more and was more selective as to the causes I was supporting. I also became more interested in how the money was spent.
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline Mrs TG

• Fool Member
  • Scouse and proud!!
« Reply #50 on: November 15, 2008, 05:31:41 PM »
...to the detriment of a lot of hard working folk struggling to manage to keep afloat

Certainly Wogan should never have asked for or been paid a fee but it probably doesn't rob other charities of donations. My feeling is that it taps those who don't normally give.

I was talking about a lot of smaller charities whose takings have declined because of the muscle that the big boys can put behind such things as these TV marathons. In total it is reckoned that we, as a nation, give roughly the same amount to charity per capita as we always have but the big ones are soaking it all up and the little fish are slowly going under. Please don't ask for a source as I read this somewhere (hospital waiting room magazine I think) and it rang true. When I was involved with Children in Need I sank all my effort into it. When I stopped (mainly because of Wogan's greed) I found I still gave the same amount to charity over the year but I spread it around more and was more selective as to the causes I was supporting. I also became more interested in how the money was spent.

for gods sake lighten up.it was supposed to be fun...write to bbc an ask for a detailed account of where every penny goes then it can set your mind at rest....right its finished for another yr...so dont wana hear anymore bloody moaning...thought women where bad... Banghead
Listen to the whispers of your heart, for there resides your strength of spirit and the goodness of your soul.

Offline TG

• Fool Member
« Reply #51 on: November 15, 2008, 05:32:54 PM »
 scared2:
I think my cat wants to kill me...

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #52 on: November 15, 2008, 05:35:10 PM »

for gods sake lighten up.it was supposed to be fun...write to bbc an ask for a detailed account of where every penny goes then it can set your mind at rest....right its finished for another yr...so dont wana hear anymore bloody moaning...thought women where bad... Banghead

I'll let you have a response as soon as Bletchley Park tell me what you said.

Offline TG

• Fool Member
« Reply #53 on: November 15, 2008, 05:38:52 PM »
Mrs TG is not familiar with Bletchley Park. She is astounded by your level of grumpiness tonight.

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #54 on: November 15, 2008, 05:42:11 PM »
I am not grumpy ~ what is it with some wimmin that the minute you say something contrary to their opinion you are classed as Grumpy?

I've divorced wimmin for less. How very dare she assume that she knows what is in my mind. evil:

Actually I am perfectly happy, working away at the magazine and am well pleased at being ahead of schedule.

Come on TG ~ we are friends ~ give me the code and I'll work it out for myself ~ is it a transposition of numbers for letters or more complex than that?
« Last Edit: November 15, 2008, 05:44:03 PM by Snoopy »

Offline Mrs TG

• Fool Member
  • Scouse and proud!!
« Reply #55 on: November 15, 2008, 05:53:35 PM »
I am not grumpy ~ what is it with some wimmin that the minute you say something contrary to their opinion you are classed as Grumpy?

I've divorced wimmin for less. How very dare she assume that she knows what is in my mind. evil:

Actually I am perfectly happy, working away at the magazine and am well pleased at being ahead of schedule.

Come on TG ~ we are friends ~ give me the code and I'll work it out for myself ~ is it a transposition of numbers for letters or more complex than that?

cos you would ignore the posts it they dident get to you...lol nite nite xx point:
ps i am off to watch strictly....i await the insults of that now.....
« Last Edit: November 15, 2008, 05:56:54 PM by Mrs TG »

Offline TG

• Fool Member
« Reply #56 on: November 15, 2008, 05:54:35 PM »

It is cunning. So cunning even you will not be able to work it out. On the other hand, if you should work it out will you please let me know the secret.

I will pay you.  rubschin:

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #57 on: November 15, 2008, 05:55:48 PM »
Bletchley have responded:

They say it is

Gibberish

Offline Mrs TG

• Fool Member
  • Scouse and proud!!
« Reply #58 on: November 15, 2008, 05:59:16 PM »

I'll let you have a response as soon as Bletchley Park tell me what you said.

????????????? Write to BBC or charity commision they can give you answers.....im outa hear it not good  in pub tonite... noooo:

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #59 on: November 15, 2008, 06:23:43 PM »
Good night. char062