Author Topic: How did we get through  (Read 5467 times)

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
Re: How did we get through
« Reply #75 on: November 16, 2008, 11:22:53 AM »
At her age?   eveilgrin:

i am not much older than mrs s...so yep!
not pmt just astounded at grumpiness in men very usual or must be grumpy pensioner age coming out..LOL  eyes:

Mrs S#2 is 49 and has indeed passed through the menopause and we have no PMT ~ actually never did have with her. Now her daughter is a different matter as was Mrs S#1 and her daughter too.
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline Mrs TG

• Fool Member
  • Scouse and proud!!
« Reply #76 on: November 16, 2008, 11:23:12 AM »
Anyhooo...

I've been thinking about this while painting like... Two things strike me about the show.

Charity:
I remember contributing to the first (or one of the first) televised Children in Need things which must have been twenty years ago? I stumbled in from the pub with a kebab and felt so guilty at the sight of children with no drinking water that I called up and donated fifty quid I could ill-afford. The lady in the call centre said I was "very generous" which made me feel better about myself...

Why is it that twenty years and millions of Pounds later there are still children with no water or grub?

In that time governments around the world have pissed trillions of Pounds of our money up the wall on pointless schemes and projects yet kids still need help from people donating money they can ill-afford?

India has just sent a rocket to the moon FFS - a country not exactly short of a starving kid or two...  noooo:

The point is that it is our money that the government is pissing away - cash forcibly taken from us in taxes and duties (not forgetting VAT) on the goods we choose to purchase ands it should be us, the taxpayer that decides if it is spend on starving kiddies or troughing politicians and their ridiculous schemes.

Entertainment:
Likewise with the entertainment value of Children in Need.

Remember you pay for the BBC with a non-optional tax in the form of the licence fee.

They are not doing you a favour by showing celebrities doing stupid things, you are paying them to do it…

If you want to see the news and weather teams performing “You’re the one that I want” while riding unicycles they should bloody well do it… ever night, after Eastenders.

If you want to see the entire cast of Eastenders performing a bizarre sex act with Wellard then they should do that too – after the watershed.

But they should show shows that you want without having to intersperse them with pictures of kiddies with no arms or dying of cancer without reasonable palliative care because the money isn't available.

And they should stop paying tosspots like Ross £6M per year too... I wonder how much of his hard-earned cash was donated towards the total.

That is all…

It was a nice nite of entertainent lifts you from the miseries of life sometimes and is not a crime
you write to bbc too to affirm your findings, sure you lot should be in grumpy watever forum .... whistle:
Listen to the whispers of your heart, for there resides your strength of spirit and the goodness of your soul.

Offline Mrs TG

• Fool Member
  • Scouse and proud!!
« Reply #77 on: November 16, 2008, 11:24:57 AM »
At her age?   eveilgrin:

not pmt just astounded at grumpiness in men very usual or must be grumpy pensioner age coming out..LOL  eyes:

Mrs S#2 is 49 and has indeed passed through the menopause and we have no PMT ~ actually never did have with her. Now her daughter is a different matter as was Mrs S#1 and her daughter too.

Your daughters too, not just hers..i am only 47 and not had the menopause as yet sadly...cant come quick enough but probably another good few yrs of womens problems etc ... scared2:
Listen to the whispers of your heart, for there resides your strength of spirit and the goodness of your soul.

Online Nick

• Needs to get out more...
« Reply #78 on: November 16, 2008, 11:27:53 AM »
I expect Mr TG agrees  eveilgrin:
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #79 on: November 16, 2008, 11:29:54 AM »
At her age?   eveilgrin:

Your daughters too, not just hers..i am only 47 and not had the menopause as yet sadly...cant come quick enough but probably another good few yrs of womens problems etc ... scared2:

No ~ deffo their daughters ~ I saw them being born and can confirm from whence they came ~ my part in the process is not as easily proven.  whistle:

Mrs S#2 didn't really notice the menopause, apart from a slight concern that she may have been pregnant when periods just stopped. Last week the Doctor asked her whether she was experiencing "flushes" and stuff and she said no but then I haven't had a period in over two years. "Then you're through it" he said

Offline Just One More

• Power Poster
« Reply #80 on: November 16, 2008, 11:50:31 AM »
Last week the Doctor asked her whether she was experiencing "flushes" and stuff and she said no but then I haven't had a period in over two years. "Then you're through it" he said

Do Clintons do cards for this? They do for every other bloody event  rubschin:
LiFe - It's an "F" in lie

Online Nick

« Reply #81 on: November 16, 2008, 11:50:54 AM »
 drumroll:

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #82 on: November 16, 2008, 12:14:09 PM »
Last week the Doctor asked her whether she was experiencing "flushes" and stuff and she said no but then I haven't had a period in over two years. "Then you're through it" he said

Do Clintons do cards for this? They do for every other bloody event  rubschin:

I doubt that they would sell many ~ most men are too frit to mention the subject let alone give her a card.

Online Nick

« Reply #83 on: November 16, 2008, 12:21:33 PM »
But wimmin would send them  ::)

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #84 on: November 16, 2008, 12:39:06 PM »
But only in a sort of "  point: Oh look, you've got OLD!" manner

Online Nick

« Reply #85 on: November 16, 2008, 12:50:57 PM »
Maybe we could have a competition to design a suitable card amd message of greeting  rubschin:

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #86 on: November 16, 2008, 01:01:23 PM »
Won't werk like  whistle: