Disgusterous

Author Topic: John Sergeant  (Read 6946 times)

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
John Sergeant
« on: November 19, 2008, 10:46:45 AM »

Arlene Phillips' Sergeant sicknessThe TV talent show judge is furious the public have constantly saved John from leaving the show, and has claims his lack of dancing prowess is making a mockery of the programme.

Arlene told Britain's Daily Mirror newspaper: "We have always had good dancers win the show - I would be devastated if he even got as far as the final.If Strictly becomes about popularity rather than dancing, then there's no point us advising the contestants

John has lost 28lbs while on the show, but his lack of talent has earned him the nickname "the dancing pig in Cuban heels".

Arlene has made little secret of her desire to see him leave the show, and has even accused him of not taking the training seriously enough.

She said: "There is nothing that is correct about his performances. He is just getting through the dances. In terms of dance, everything is wrong with it - his posture, his movement, the position of his head. When the celebrities put in hours in the practice studio they are constantly working.

"They do not sit down but I know John is not making much effort. He just sits there and reads the paper.  happy001If it's all about personality why don't the girls just all throw off their clothes and the boys do a comedy dance?"

Sounds like a plan to me! eyes:

In last week's show, the judges - Arlene, Len Goodman, Craig Revel Horwood and Bruno Tonioli - were forced to vote off Cherie Lunghi after she faced model Lisa Snowdon in the dance-off.

Despite receiving the lowest score from the judges, John was saved by the public.

Now I'm not going to defend this show, or any other 'reality nonsense programme', but give the bloke a break ey?
He's a decent sort, and I like him, and may well add to the furore by voting for him without even watching the shite! lol:

« Last Edit: November 19, 2008, 11:02:46 AM by GROWLER »

Offline Uncle Mort

• Power Poster
Re: John Sergeant
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2008, 10:58:05 AM »
I've not watched the show either (honest!) but I've seen clips of him 'dancing' and he is crap. Still it's the viewer's vote and that's democracy in action.

Assuming it is a dance competition then this throws up the fatal flaw in democracy. That popularity can override the 'right' decision.

Offline Pastis

• Power Poster
  • a continuing precarious position
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2008, 12:20:06 PM »
 eeek:   He's Foxtrot Oscar'd!
Like the Buddhist said to the hot dog vendor...
"Make me one with everything"

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2008, 12:26:46 PM »
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7737447.stm

Just in case anyone has his number on their bingo card and got their hopes up like  whistle:
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2008, 12:56:05 PM »
I've never seen the show.

I like John Sergeant.

Arlene Phillips is an ugly munter... and a bot bonkers prolly.

That is all I have to say on the matter...
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Uncle Mort

• Power Poster
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2008, 01:04:49 PM »
That does about cover it.

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2008, 01:13:29 PM »

John Sergeant has pulled out of Strictly Come DancingFormer political journalist John Sergeant is pulling out of Strictly Come Dancing.

The 64-year-old has received strong support from the public despite constant criticism from the judges.

Sergeant said in a statement: "The trouble is that there is now a real danger that I might win the competition. Even for me that would be a joke too far."

BBC1 controller Jay Hunt added: "We are very sad to see him go."

sad32:

Driven out by a bunch of miserable mealy mouthed humourless tight fisted gin swigging big headed bastards.  cussing:

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2008, 01:15:21 PM »

John Sergeant has pulled out of Strictly Come DancingFormer political journalist John Sergeant is pulling out of Strictly Come Dancing.

The 64-year-old has received strong support from the public despite constant criticism from the judges.

Sergeant said in a statement: "The trouble is that there is now a real danger that I might win the competition. Even for me that would be a joke too far."

sad32:

Driven out by a bunch of miserable mealy mouthed humourless tight fisted gin swigging big headed bastards.  cussing:

And his own two left feet  whistle:

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2008, 01:21:54 PM »

That's beside the point. The public have spoken and should now boycott any further voting for this incipid rancid circus of a show. cussing:

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2008, 01:22:57 PM »

That's beside the point. The public have spoken and should now boycott any further voting for this incipid rancid circus of a show. cussing:

Don't you mean that the Growler wimmin should now refuse to watch the crap show and give you back your telly?

Offline Uncle Mort

• Power Poster
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2008, 01:25:53 PM »
Boycott? no chance. The Great British Public (a.k.a. The Unwashed Masses) will continue to waste time and money on what (IMHO) is unadulterated crap.

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2008, 01:27:26 PM »

Don't you mean that the Growler wimmin should now refuse to watch the crap show and give you back your telly?

Good point.  rubschin:
Always a silver lining at the end of the grey cloud or summat. confused:

Still going to write to the BBC and compalin though, bloody arse wipes. evil:

Offline Mrs TG

• Fool Member
  • Scouse and proud!!
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2008, 01:35:29 PM »

sad32:

Yep growler you are totally right, i love the show its entertainment, and john was real good sport an great laugh....sorry to see him pushed...
Listen to the whispers of your heart, for there resides your strength of spirit and the goodness of your soul.

Offline Bar Wench

• Power Poster
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2008, 02:16:11 PM »
I like it!

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2008, 02:23:12 PM »
Boycott? no chance. The Great British Public (a.k.a. The Unwashed Masses) will continue to waste time and money on what (IMHO) is unadulterated crap.
AKA Sheeple...  whistle:
Pro Skub  Thumbs: