Author Topic: John Sergeant  (Read 6964 times)

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
Re: John Sergeant
« Reply #30 on: November 19, 2008, 03:15:22 PM »
I fell asleep during the darts.  redface:
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline Pastis

• Power Poster
  • a continuing precarious position
« Reply #31 on: November 19, 2008, 04:23:29 PM »
I like the dancing. I used to watch the original strictly when it was just the professionals years ago. It wouldn't matter if I don't know who any of them were.

What's "original strictly"?

Is it Come Dancing where, Beryl, a sheet metal worker from Wigan by day managed to sew all her own sequins?
Like the Buddhist said to the hot dog vendor...
"Make me one with everything"

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #32 on: November 19, 2008, 04:29:06 PM »
I like the dancing. I used to watch the original strictly when it was just the professionals years ago. It wouldn't matter if I don't know who any of them were.

What's "original strictly"?

Is it Come Dancing where, Beryl, a sheet metal worker from Wigan by day managed to sew all her own sequins?
Thass the one... Friday nights... Terry Wogan... shite...
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Mrs TG

• Fool Member
  • Scouse and proud!!
« Reply #33 on: November 19, 2008, 04:31:08 PM »
I like it!

here here wenchy, tg watches it too..well matter of having too i have it on everynite...its funnnnnnnnnnn....so turn over watch something you like an stop grouching. point:
Listen to the whispers of your heart, for there resides your strength of spirit and the goodness of your soul.

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #34 on: November 19, 2008, 04:34:57 PM »
I like it!

here here wenchy, tg watches it too..well matter of having too i have it on everynite...its funnnnnnnnnnn....so turn over watch something you like an stop grouching. point:
Doesn't it clash with "I'm a celebrity get me out of here..."?  Shrugs:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Pastis

• Power Poster
  • a continuing precarious position
« Reply #35 on: November 19, 2008, 04:56:58 PM »
 drumroll:
Like the Buddhist said to the hot dog vendor...
"Make me one with everything"

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
« Reply #36 on: November 19, 2008, 07:02:18 PM »
What a load of overhyped nonsense.

He's only done it to get Jonathon Ross and Russell Brand back on the beeb through the back door  lol:
Skubber

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #37 on: November 19, 2008, 07:04:26 PM »

He's only done it to get Jonathon Ross and Russell Brand back on the beeb through the back door  lol:
happ096
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #38 on: November 19, 2008, 07:08:37 PM »

I thought he was straight?
I mostly despair

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
« Reply #39 on: November 19, 2008, 07:10:27 PM »
Aaahhh come on now...he is a friend of far too many politicians to be considered straight  lol:
Skubber

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #40 on: November 19, 2008, 07:21:20 PM »
Aaahhh come on now...he is a friend of far too many politicians to be considered straight  lol:

Mandy did you mean?
I mostly despair

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #41 on: November 19, 2008, 07:47:39 PM »
Speaking of the Dark Lord he has expressed a wish to strut his stuff on the show...

Lord Mandelson says he has been watching Strictly Come Dancing with "a degree of envy" and told the BBC it would be nice to be asked to take part.

The business secretary said he was supporting ex-political correspondent John Sergeant on the show.

But he joked he was a better dancer and offered to demonstrate his skills next time he was invited onto the BBC.

Lord Mandelson later added: "It would be nice at least to be invited into the audience."

Lord Mandelson was on BBC Breakfast to talk about the economy, but was asked about John Sergeant's dancing efforts - which have been criticised by the show's judges but have won him huge public support.

He replied: "I was cheering for John Sergeant on Saturday with, I have to say, a degree of... envy."

Asked if he would star on the BBC show he joked: "It would be nice to be asked."

He said he was a better dancer but, in a later BBC interview dominated by the government's efforts to shore up the economy amid the downturn, declined the chance to demonstrate.

"Not this morning, because it's too serious but another day invite me back and I will show you what I can do."

Asked if he had really suggested he could take part, he replied it would be nice at least to join the audience: "I'm not backtracking. Have you ever seen me dance?"
The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.

Offline Mrs TG

• Fool Member
  • Scouse and proud!!
« Reply #42 on: November 19, 2008, 09:56:02 PM »
I like it!

Doesn't it clash with "I'm a celebrity get me out of here..."?  Shrugs:

Well that is a defo no no....only ever watched it once...thats why i dident watch again...but everyone to there own...
Listen to the whispers of your heart, for there resides your strength of spirit and the goodness of your soul.

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #43 on: November 19, 2008, 10:37:05 PM »
You can tell Nick's not posted on this very interesting and STILL on topic thread. ::)
We'd have been talkin' about squirrels droppings or some other random shite by now otherwise.

If Sergeant wasn't popular before this debacle, he sure is now!

As Wenchy (I think) sez, if they want this to be a pure and simple talent contest, then don't let the public vote. Quite simple really ey?

Saw him on the 'One Show' tonight along with that other host / contestant, Christine Blakely. Bloody hilarious, and she's as fit as butchers dog.  cloud9:
I reckon she'll win it on the popularity vote now.

I'm almost talkin' meself into watching this shite now tbh.  eeek:

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #44 on: November 20, 2008, 07:35:54 AM »
I saw the press conference on Sky this morning... I don't know why, one minute it was newspaper review then the press conference...

Anyhooo...

John Sergeant for PM!
Pro Skub  Thumbs: