Author Topic: John Sergeant  (Read 6952 times)

Online Nick

• Needs to get out more...
Re: John Sergeant
« Reply #75 on: November 21, 2008, 09:25:14 AM »
I too like Marzipan. But not chocolate with orange
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #76 on: November 21, 2008, 09:32:04 AM »
I too like Marzipan. But not chocolate with orange

That's 3 wierdos in here then....apparently/alledgedly/so they say. lol:

Offline Bar Wench

• Power Poster
« Reply #77 on: November 21, 2008, 09:37:09 AM »
But Christmas isn't Christmas without a Terry's Chocolate Orange!  eeek:

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #78 on: November 21, 2008, 09:39:54 AM »
But Christmas isn't Christmas without a Terry's Chocolate Orange!  eeek:

2 rungs down on me social ladder. Don't be getting all 'happy' on me now. noooo:

Offline The Moan Ranger

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • No surrender
« Reply #79 on: November 21, 2008, 10:26:50 AM »
When I was a nipper, we used to live in Mitcham near Renshaw's factory.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitcham#Notable_buildings

The smell would make an embalmer gag  sick2:

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
« Reply #80 on: November 21, 2008, 10:27:48 AM »
Can we have a minister for CAKES, chocolate and smokes please?

I propose

The Honourable Ken Clarke MP
Also Director of Tobacco Company
Has consistently voted against ID cards, the smoking ban,student top-up fees, the hunting ban, the Iraq war and very clearly likes cakes and chocolate. Also a jazz fan who wears suede shoes. An all round good egg with loads of experience.

Seconded by me and thirded by Mrs TMR (to be).  cloud9:

When are you 2 tying the effing knot?

Why spoil a seemingly perfectly good relationship with marriage?
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline Bar Wench

• Power Poster
« Reply #81 on: November 21, 2008, 10:29:41 AM »
Exactly! Of the four couples we know who got married over the last couple of years one are divorced, one seperated and one on a knife edge. Only the one couple are still blissfully happy. I don't like those odds.

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #82 on: November 21, 2008, 11:08:46 AM »
Exactly! Of the four couples we know who got married over the last couple of years one are divorced, one seperated and one on a knife edge. Only the one couple are still blissfully happy. I don't like those odds.
[serious-ish] I think a lot of young couples live together for a long while and then get married to try and fix it when things start to go sour.  noooo:[/serious-ish]
I mostly despair

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #83 on: November 21, 2008, 11:21:16 AM »
Exactly! Of the four couples we know who got married over the last couple of years one are divorced, one separated and one on a knife edge. Only the one couple are still blissfully happy. I don't like those odds.
[serious-ish] I think a lot of young couples live together for a long while and then get married to try and fix it when things start to go sour.  noooo:[/serious-ish]

I'm sure you are right.

Call me cynical but I have long held that "I love you" is said by him to get into her knickers and by her to justify letting him ~ after a while that seems a bit "tame" and starts to lack the impact so he says "Will you marry me?" and she says "Yes".  The rest is all downhill because they have nothing left to say that will convince one another of their devotion ~ which was only ever sexual attraction anyway. Just have a shag, if you both enjoy it hang around for a while if not move on.

Offline Bar Wench

• Power Poster
« Reply #84 on: November 21, 2008, 11:25:02 AM »
Mr Wench and I have lived together since before we were together. We got engaged because I sort of wanted to know he was serious, seeing as we had just rather drifted along for three/four years without much of a plan.

We will probably get married at some point just to make it easier legally and finanancially not for the wedding which seems to have been the case with a lot of our friends.

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #85 on: November 21, 2008, 11:29:20 AM »
Mr Wench and I have lived together since before we were together. We got engaged because I sort of wanted to know he was serious, seeing as we had just rather drifted along for three/four years without much of a plan.

We will probably get married at some point just to make it easier legally and finanancially not for the wedding which seems to have been the case with a lot of our friends.

Actually the way the tax regime is set up you would do better not to marry ~ particularly if you hope to have children. Married couples are penalised all ways via the tax system. Legally, nowadays, you have little to gain from marriage as long as you both make a will leaving any assets to one another.

Online Nick

« Reply #86 on: November 21, 2008, 11:30:01 AM »
Wot he said

Offline Bar Wench

• Power Poster
« Reply #87 on: November 21, 2008, 11:31:47 AM »

Actually the way the tax regime is set up you would do better not to marry ~ particularly if you hope to have children. Married couples are penalised all ways via the tax system. Legally, nowadays, you have little to gain from marriage as long as you both make a will leaving any assets to one another.

TBH my main concern is that if something happened to Mr Wench medically, legally MILFH would be the next of kin. She would then be the one making decisions and would be able to ban me from the hospital.

Online Nick

« Reply #88 on: November 21, 2008, 11:32:34 AM »
WHat sort of accident are you planning for him?

Offline The Moan Ranger

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • No surrender
« Reply #89 on: November 21, 2008, 11:38:11 AM »
We got engaged because I sort of wanted to know he was serious, seeing as we had just rather drifted along for three/four years without much of a plan.

Same here, buying the engagement ring was a bit like putting a deposit down. 2010 seems like a good year for us to finally tie the knot, but as you say, there's no pressure.